News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RANT! I now have a blemish on my perfect driving record!

Started by The70RT, September 14, 2009, 10:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

No big deal really but here is what happened. I was leaving work Friday and was in a parking stall along the street where I park everyday. When I got in my truck there wasn't anyone behind me. I got in and started up and hit reverse and looked over my right shoulder to back out to the street and never seen him and noticed after only moving one foot I hit something. Some old man pulled to the side of the street and double parked his tiny RX7 right under my truck one foot away. My bumper barely tapped the top of his front fender. It put a small dent in it so he wanted to exchange insurance info....but he couldn't find any. I got tired of waiting after 30 minutes when he wanted to clean out his trunk on the street. I went ahead and gave him mine and got his DL and tag info and left. I called my agent and he said If I didn't think I was wrong I could delay any money to him and have him take me to small claims for it. I got a call from my corporate office today for a report. The guy tells me I was wrong and they will pay it. I said I didn't think It was right. He also told me the other guy didn't have to be insured since I backed into him. I told him in Kansas he needs to carry insurance and he said it doesnt matter. Anyway unless I make a big deal out of it I guess my insurance will have to cover it. I never ever had a claim in 34 years and now I finally got one. I have have been in lots of accidents from people running lights, stop signs and getting ass ended. I only ever got one ticket when I chased down a hit and run driver that t-boned me and I ran his ass off the road and finished both our vehicles off after chasing him a couple miles.....yeah he deserved it....he had no insurance  :flame:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ipstrategies

I know what you mean Insurance is required.. for law abiding citizens.

Almost 4 years ago my daughter bought a worked on 1980 Dodge Aspen /6 She and here friends sanded and cleaned, I helped here with mechanics. She saved her money and had a nice Go Green paint with some custom stripes etc.

She was so proud of her car one night 3 weeks from out of paint she is coming home with a friend less then a quarter mile form home. A fullsize mid 80 Ram PU pulls out in front of her she had enough time to hit brakes and the rear wheel of truck spun the truck around. She calls me so it takes me about 5 minutes to get to accident.
She had insurance and was responsible, the other driver was a 50 year old man suspended lic, driving his sisters out of state truck with no insurance. I thought well Megan and her friend will see why you need to have insurance. WRONG they talked to all parties and the trooper talked to me for a minuter and said that he was citing the other driver , when I asked about being arrested for multiple offenses he said he had nothing to do with that and would file report. My insurance had to pay for it all, I got a call one day a few months later from court and they tell me the driver will have to pay the deductible 3 year later not a dine. The worst is my 18 year was more responsible and saw this idiot trash her car with nothing happening to him. SO for the rant but I like you think if its required then it should be for all. Though I carried car insurance before it was law as it made sense.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

elacruze

In Florida I have to pay an additional coverage-"Uninsured Motorist"-just in case the other driver has no insurance. WTF??
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

chargergirl

You don't have to carry unisured motorist...but it's crazy not to.
Trust your Woobie!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: elacruze on September 15, 2009, 07:59:52 AM
In Florida I have to pay an additional coverage-"Uninsured Motorist"-just in case the other driver has no insurance. WTF??
Mandatory in CT also.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

elacruze

Quote from: chargergirl on September 15, 2009, 08:21:40 AM
You don't have to carry unisured motorist...but it's crazy not to.

In 2007, 23% of Florida drivers were uninsured. ( http://www.ircweb.org/ )

I don't expect that number has improved since then. Uninsured motorist coverage is not only preferred, but essential.

Also, State legislation requires that the insurance carriers notify the State if your coverage lapses, then the State will cross-reference your registration dates with the insurance coverage and suspend your license if you have a current uninsured registration. It would follow that many Florida drivers are also driving under suspended licenses.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

LeadfootBob

Sweden has a fairly decent system - vehicular insurance is mandatory by law, and if you don't get one when purchasing a car the "traffic insurance commission" will step in and cover for you until you do... At a cost of roughly 15 USD a day. A friend of mine recently got a 500 dollar insurance bill because he forgot this little fact. OUCH! 
This of course only applies to people decent enough to submit their cars to the annual inspection and pay taxes for them...
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

472 R/T SE

Bummer Dennis.  It sucks when you try to do things right & can't.

My little rendezvous w/ a deer was my first insurance claim in 29 years.  I was amazed, I got high book value & they paid for my hand controls to be moved into the next car.

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

moparstuart

Quote from: Dans 68 on September 15, 2009, 02:17:32 PM
Who here has a perfect driving record?  :scratchchin:  ::)  :lol:

Dan
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:   only because the   statute of limitations  has ran out      :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BB1

Quote from: moparstuart on September 15, 2009, 02:19:40 PM
Who here has a perfect driving record?  :scratchchin:  ::)  :lol:

Dan
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:   only because the   statute of limitations  has ran out      :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I have one, no tickets, no wrecks ever. I'm the worlds best driver.  :coolgleamA: ;D :yesnod:

Train wrecks,... I've had plenty of those.  ;) I talking real trains.

Sorry to hear Dennis.
Delete my profile

The70RT

Quote from: BB1 on September 15, 2009, 03:35:55 PM
Who here has a perfect driving record?  :scratchchin:  ::)  :lol:

Dan
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:   only because the   statute of limitations  has ran out      :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I have one, no tickets, no wrecks ever. I'm the worlds best driver.  :coolgleamA: ;D :yesnod:

Train wrecks,... I've had plenty of those.  ;) I talking real trains.

Sorry to hear Dennis.

Yeah but when was the last time you had some muscle to drive  :pity:   j/k  ;D

BB1

Delete my profile

Lizey

Dan
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:   only because the   statute of limitations  has ran out      :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

only because ive had my license for only 4 weeks  :2thumbs:
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

moparguy01

well i had one speeding ticket in my 10 years of driving, for almost double the speed limit 2 weeks after i got it, which cancelled my license. :lol: but the statue of limitations ran out and about 3 or 4 years ago i got this thing in the mail saying my record is clear. its framed.

charger490

Dan
[/quote
i do 54 years of driving tractor traler [Gasoline] no tickets no chargable accidents. and still driving

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Landonsrt

If you want to talk about people getting away with almost murder, then I have a story....

My wife was about 10 years old when her and her mom were visiting her aunt in North Georgia. They were on their way home when a guy ran a stop sign and slammed into the side of their blazer. He was under the influence of drugs! Had no insurance! It hit on the back side where my wife was sitting. Her head hit the window and went through. She had severe cuts all over her face and crushed part of her skull around her left eye. They arrested the guy. Well when it came time for his court date, the judge let him go! Completely free!!  Didnt have to pay a dime for any of the 8 surgeries my wife had to have to reconstruct her face. It ruined her childhood.
The reason that bastard got off....... His dad was the judge for that county!!

The70RT

Quote from: Landonsrt on September 17, 2009, 05:57:11 PM
If you want to talk about people getting away with almost murder, then I have a story....

My wife was about 10 years old when her and her mom were visiting her aunt in North Georgia. They were on their way home when a guy ran a stop sign and slammed into the side of their blazer. He was under the influence of drugs! Had no insurance! It hit on the back side where my wife was sitting. Her head hit the window and went through. She had severe cuts all over her face and crushed part of her skull around her left eye. They arrested the guy. Well when it came time for his court date, the judge let him go! Completely free!!  Didnt have to pay a dime for any of the 8 surgeries my wife had to have to reconstruct her face. It ruined her childhood.

Sorry to hear that. I hope the bastard got what he deserved on down the line somewhere.

Landonsrt

yeah, my wife got some resolution out of it when she found out the guy died a couple of years ago in Florida. dont know how. He was pretty young. Probably over dosed on something.

chargergirl

Quote from: Landonsrt on September 17, 2009, 05:57:11 PM

My wife was about 10 years old when her and her mom were visiting her aunt in North Georgia. They were on their way home when a guy ran a stop sign and slammed into the side of their blazer. He was under the influence of drugs! Had no insurance! It hit on the back side where my wife was sitting. Her head hit the window and went through. She had severe cuts all over her face and crushed part of her skull around her left eye. They arrested the guy. Well when it came time for his court date, the judge let him go! Completely free!!  Didnt have to pay a dime for any of the 8 surgeries my wife had to have to reconstruct her face. It ruined her childhood.
Especially wonder what happened to the judge that let him off. I never understood that kind of thinking. Remember being in a discuss in college where everyone kept talking about how the lower socio-economical kids get in more trouble. Being raised in Maui I saw the behavior your talking about ALL THE TIME! I chimed in with not true it's just that their dad takes care of the golf course the rich kids parents play on. It was a great discussion. As you sew so shall you reap 10 fold gives me a lot of peace.
Trust your Woobie!

chargerboy69

Dan

Not me.  I have twelve speeding tickets.  Ten of them are just regular old speeding tickets, and two are reckless driving.  That means I was at least thirty over the speed limit.  And of course I never had one in any of my Chargers.  Though one of my reckless driving tickets I did get in my Grand National.  That was a fun night.   :D
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

The70RT

After putting the old bastard off for a week I told my insurance to pay him. I guess I kind of over reacted but still think it shouldn't have been all my fault. Oh well....now i don't have to be so careful  :D

TylerCharger69

here in Texas...uninsured motorist coverage is an option, but if someone hits you who isn't insured....it covers the damages, etc.   I think they are going to make it mandatory though (as well as liability of course) because of frivolous  lawsuits....meaning....a tiny little scratch...next thing you know, since the person knows you are uninsured.....he now has whiplash!!!   That's why some states require uninsured motorists....but ALL states require liability.  All about cleaning up the lawsuits that are outlandish

The70RT

What a lot of people don't realize that when they get a quote for insurance it is for minimum coverage. I think it is around 50K. You get in a bad accident and your screwed. 20k for their property 20k for yours. 50k for their medical and 50 for yours and your in debt for ever......or sued and garnished.