News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unwelcome guest, again...

Started by dads_69, September 14, 2009, 03:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on September 14, 2009, 05:20:15 PM
In TX they just shoot people trying to steal thier property.

I had the Smith County Sherriff tell me once that if I caught someone trying to steal something to shoot them and then throw a rock through the window like they were trying to break in and there would be no questions asked. This was after a rash of break-ins around the neighborhood. I wasn't real worried about it because the Shepard/Wolf dog that I had really didn't like visitors and would let me know. He wouldn't let you out of your car unless he knew you.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Silver R/T

I'd be installing silent remote alarm
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger440RDN

There was just a story yesterday where a college student chopped off a burglar's hand with a samurai sword and then killed him with the sword :smilielol: Now the police are trying too decide whether to file charges against the student  :icon_smile_question: AND HE WAS IN HIS OWN HOUSE  :brickwall:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Charger440RDN on September 16, 2009, 03:05:54 AM
There was just a story yesterday where a college student chopped off a burglar's hand with a samurai sword and then killed him with it :smilielol: Now the police are trying too decide whether to file charges against the student  :icon_smile_question: AND HE WAS IN HIS OWN HOUSE  :brickwall:

He killed the burglar with his own hand?   :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

beware the sleeper

yeah, theres always a million regrets in those situations

a couple of months ago I was in the kitchen and I had just opened a soda, and i heard breathing in the back room (I have severely trained hearing, sound engineering ya know) and I just said "oh you picked the wrong  HOUSE" and started back there, but i just saw some shoes going out my back door by the time i got back there.  Apparently my sis had left the door unlocked when she dropped by like 2 days before, I never use it so I didn't know.

Charger440RDN

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 16, 2009, 07:57:16 AM
There was just a story yesterday where a college student chopped off a burglar's hand with a samurai sword and then killed him with it :smilielol: Now the police are trying too decide whether to file charges against the student  :icon_smile_question: AND HE WAS IN HIS OWN HOUSE  :brickwall:

He killed the burglar with his own hand?   :o

Sorry I had to clarify that  :rofl: he chopped off the guy's hand and then stabbed him with the sword  :smilielol:

here is the link to the story    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/ap_on_re_us/us_samurai_sword_death 

PocketThunder

Quote from: Charger440RDN on September 16, 2009, 08:22:50 AM
There was just a story yesterday where a college student chopped off a burglar's hand with a samurai sword and then killed him with it :smilielol: Now the police are trying too decide whether to file charges against the student  :icon_smile_question: AND HE WAS IN HIS OWN HOUSE  :brickwall:

He killed the burglar with his own hand?   :o

Sorry I had to clarify that  :rofl: he chopped off the guy's hand and then stabbed him with the sword  :smilielol:

here is the link to the story    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/ap_on_re_us/us_samurai_sword_death 

Ya i figured so, or he was trying to not leave any finger prints..   :Twocents:   :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

Interesting thread and story...
sorry for the trouble your having Dad,.. I can't say what i would do in your situation it's good your able to protect yourself and your stuff.

RE: the story I think It's amazing he was convicted of "Unauthorised Removal of Property". spent 10 Mos. in jail and three days later (if not sooner) was out again stealing electronics. Some sad facts in that case.
When someone is that unintelligent and desperate it can only end badly eventually.
Just a matter of time. I hope the kid gets off and gets a parade for Valor.  :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: DavidSL on September 14, 2009, 12:20:07 PM
You Americans are crazy! :popcrn: Here in the UK we'd sit inside our houses for fear of being knifed or kicked to death, literally. Then the police would arrest the culprit(s) and put them away for about 5 months before they get released.

I don't particularly believe in violence, but at least over there you have a good idea about where your rights lie. Criminals here need only a shyster lawyer to quote 'the human rights act' and we pretty much go soft on them. :brickwall:

Of course, gun crime is minimal here... Hmm...

It's a unique situation here regardless of your view on guns. Long before anyone wanted to eradicate guns from the US there were already way too many to ever locate and eliminate. Now, if the govt. decided to confiscate everyone's guns the only ones they'd get are the ones from those who obey laws. Laws only effect law-abiding citizens so either way the good guy loses if guns are taken away.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Charger440RDN on September 16, 2009, 08:22:50 AM
There was just a story yesterday where a college student chopped off a burglar's hand with a samurai sword and then killed him with it :smilielol: Now the police are trying too decide whether to file charges against the student  :icon_smile_question: AND HE WAS IN HIS OWN HOUSE  :brickwall:

He killed the burglar with his own hand?   :o

Sorry I had to clarify that  :rofl: he chopped off the guy's hand and then stabbed him with the sword  :smilielol:

Maybe he should've poste a warning sign
"Samurai in traning"
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

c00nhunterjoe

the only way yo are getting my guns is to pry them from my dead hands

DavidSL

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on September 16, 2009, 08:06:27 PM

Yes, well, your screen name suggests that depth of personality. :rotz:

elacruze

Quote from: DavidSL on September 17, 2009, 07:01:27 AM

Just for your education, I'll point out that your response is of a type known as 'Ad Hominem'. That means you're attacking the poster, not the content of his post. I for one find that offensive.

Apology?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

DavidSL

Quote from: elacruze on September 17, 2009, 07:05:56 AM

Just for your education, I'll point out that your response is of a type known as 'Ad Hominem'. That means you're attacking the poster, not the content of his post. I for one find that offensive.

Apology?

People have noticed his screen name, right? I mean, I'm not just reading it wrong, am I?

chargergirl

Times are changing. There was an incident in Pensacola where the neighbor had been asked to watch a mans house. He saw two young men breaking in and called 911 while he grabbed his shotgun. With the 911 operator requesting he not go outside. He did and warned the kids that he would shoot if they continued. They turned and went after the old guy holding the shotgun. Calling him all kinds of names and threatening him. He shot one dead and the other ran. Charges were not pressed against the old guy. Everyone is sick of living in fear of the bad guy. Another incident where bad guy breaks into a mans house and is shot dead...no charges pressed and one less bad guy. I had a bunch of wanna be bad guys threatening me when I lived alone on the 2.5 acres..."don't you know you should leave the light on at night"? "I know you live alone". Mr. Macho changed his tune when my Dobies put him on the fence...yep there he was standing on the fence when I got home..."get your dogs off me". I said my dogs aren't on you and called the neighbor...cop. He wrote up the incident/arrest report while the youngster stood on the fence post...it was great. Later same youngster and his friends walked past my home and were pointing and making rude comments and my friends dog ran to the fence and chewed the fence to get to them. She came back without incident...I apologized for her behavior..."she's used to being in the house". They never came back and I never let them know she wasn't in MY house....lmao! Never had a gun in the house however if not for the dogs I am sure I would have needed one.
Trust your Woobie!

greenpigs

It isn't the firearm but the person using it that is dangerous.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

elacruze

Quote from: DavidSL on September 17, 2009, 07:13:53 AM

Apology?

People have noticed his screen name, right? I mean, I'm not just reading it wrong, am I?

Point being?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Troy

Apology?

It's not the screen name reference that's the problem. Since when do we judge others by their internet handle? On a site like this, you never know who might have the information you need to solve a problem later.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Until the post came up suggesting anything different I just thought the username meant he enjoyed racoon hunting.  I guess it's all in where one is predisposed to think?  :shruggy:

73chgrSE

Quote from: Ghoste on September 17, 2009, 08:56:39 AM
Until the post came up suggesting anything different I just thought the username meant he enjoyed racoon hunting.

Probly 99% of the rest of us thought that too.

beware the sleeper

Quote from: Troy on September 17, 2009, 08:54:08 AM

Apology?

It's not the screen name reference that's the problem. Since when do we judge others by their internet handle? On a site like this, you never know who might have the information you need to solve a problem later.

Troy

I didnt bother to read your response cause i inherintly hate anyone named troy....... :nana:

DavidSL

I went away and came back, because I may have made a mistake. If the username means Racoon hunting, I sincerely apologise for my stupid comment. It was ridiculous and unwarranted.

But it has nothing to do with thinking, it's more being on different sides of the pond. Over here, 'coon' is a slang racist term. I'm predisposed to think that when I hear it, because that's what it is. Racoon is an animal - I guess we wouldn't shorten it to 'coon' so it's not the first thing I jump to. In the US, I guess it's different.

So, if that's what the username was implying, I apologise humbly, and ask you to forgive me my comment. It was stupid and childish. Sorry for the offence caused to everyone. :cheers:

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I'm in a particular bad mood today searching for a new job, so a lot of the hostility may have come from needing to vent somewhere. Yes, I hate people who go on message boards to look for fights as much as you do, and that wasn't my intention. I'm feeling rather stupid now! :brickwall:

Ghoste

Regional meanings come into in a big way, no doubt about that.  I'd be lying to say I've never heard the word used in a racist manner but it's so long ago that I've heard it personally that it never occurred to me.  I don't often hear the short form applied to the animal either anymore but at one time I was also a "coonhunter" and we raised more than a few coonhounds for the purpose when I was younger.  So you see, that would also make it the more natural use of the term for me.
Kind of strange how we can spend so much time on the definition of a slang word wouldn't you agree?   :lol:
Who has more fun than people huh?

beware the sleeper

no doubt man, easy mistake, just think davey crocket with his coon skin hat, yeah callin racoons coons isnt even an american thing, its really only a southern thing here in america

Ghoste

I'm from southern Canada so that must be it for me? :lol: