News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why do some wives hate project cars so much?

Started by Charger440RDN, September 11, 2009, 07:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 14, 2009, 04:39:47 PM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 14, 2009, 04:04:41 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on September 14, 2009, 01:10:11 PM
The money that i have invested in restoring my Charger is not from my regular income, so my wife pretty much leaves me alone.  :2thumbs:

Drug dealer? lemme get an 8th  :lol:

No..  its called an Unlicensed Pharmacist.   :apimp:

:scratchchin: If i'm gonna call him that he better have some of that medical grade then  :D

Charger440RDN

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 14, 2009, 04:47:06 PM
The money that i have invested in restoring my Charger is not from my regular income, so my wife pretty much leaves me alone.  :2thumbs:

:scratchchin: If i'm gonna call him that he better have some of that medical grade then  :D

You mean the REALLY good stuff like Michael Jackson was on where you have your own IV pole and someone has to put you down and then bring you back up?  :smilielol: let's face it most street drugs are just childs play compared to what ol' wacko jacko was taking!  :smilielol: :lol:  :rofl:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Charger440RDN on September 14, 2009, 06:10:59 PM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 14, 2009, 04:47:06 PM

You mean the REALLY good stuff like Michael Jackson was on where you have your own IV pole and someone has to put you down and then bring you back up?  :smilielol: let's face it most street drugs are just childs play compared to what ol' wacko jacko was taking!  :smilielol: :lol:  :rofl:

You got me pegged I want soma that   :icon_smile_tongue: As long as I can still work a sander and turn a wrench were good to go  :smilielol: Too bad I cant afford a personal doctor who just lives in my house... I mean seriously how f'd up is that... he was so strung out all the time he just decided screw going to the pharmacy for refills they can come to me  :lol:

BMOTOXSTAR

My Ol' Lady loves Chargers. She was really happy when I brought home the 73' Rallye Charger project.

So, I see this 74' Satellite survivor for sale & I say to myself , wow, what a great RR Clone it would make. So I bring it home and my wife says,"What the hell is that green turd you brought home?" I explain and she says, get rid of that damn thing, RR's suck and it will not even be a real RR, sell it and buy another Charger.
She hates the Satellite. She will not even ride in it.  :rotz:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BMOTOXSTAR

No one sells 1/8's  anymore, put me down for an OZ. :2thumbs:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on September 14, 2009, 07:44:44 PM

No one sells 1/8's  anymore, put me down for an OZ. :2thumbs:

You gotta test the stuff man  :yesnod: If its good you put me down for a Q... jeez havent you ever gone to sams? Buying in bulk is cheapest  :lol:

bull

Quote from: chargergirl on September 14, 2009, 08:26:17 AM
My guy used to date a chick that said she thought he would grow out of the muscle car stage...LMAO! She also stated he had to get rid of his dog and cat...like I said used to date. He and I both love muscle cars! I have been bit by the Mopar bug and love my 2nd anniversary gift...66 Charger. I supported him when it was just his race car being done. I also have the wonderful experience of having a man that pays the bills first and puts aside money in a separate account for the car. In this manner he knows what he has to work with to get the job done for house and car accounts. Common Sense! Used to be with someone that bought for himself and paid bills late...used to be. I can't live like that. It's all about balance...for those women that get jealous over a car...they would be jealous over everything in your life and that's abuse. I know where my man is and appreciate the OTHER WOMAN being a car. (For my dad it was electronics). I truly believe that when you honestly love someone you embrace what is important to them. You may not understand it, you may not even like the hobby, but you can respect it and share aspects of it. True love is not romantic it's real.

Well said. Put in pespective it's a pretty innocent hobby but some people can screw anything up. As long as the priorities are straight there should never be a problem.

chargergirl

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on September 14, 2009, 07:42:37 PM
My Ol' Lady loves Chargers. She was really happy when I brought home the 73' Rallye Charger project.

So, I see this 74' Satellite survivor for sale & I say to myself , wow, what a great RR Clone it would make. So I bring it home and my wife says,"What the hell is that green turd you brought home?" I explain and she says, get rid of that damn thing, RR's suck and it will not even be a real RR, sell it and buy another Charger.
Well she did say she liked Chargers! Someone will want to trade!
Trust your Woobie!

451-74Charger

Mine isnt happy with me buying all the crap for my car, and said that this is the one I wanted, and im keeping it.
Well thats until i find a cheap Daytona....like thats going to happen !!

Anyway, last night she was fine about me going out and buying a brand new headliner from a guy nearby.
I got to chat with him about his 73 Charger as well :)

Magnumcharger

The money that i have invested in restoring my Charger is not from my regular income, so my wife pretty much leaves me alone.  :2thumbs:

Huh? What's your secret?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: chargergirl on September 15, 2009, 07:28:20 AM

I would love to trade the Satellite, any leads for me?
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

chargergirl

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on September 16, 2009, 07:25:10 AM
Quote from: chargergirl on September 15, 2009, 07:28:20 AM

I would love to trade the Satellite, any leads for me?
What year and model are you looking for...will put word out.
Trust your Woobie!