News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake Booster

Started by TylerCharger69, September 10, 2009, 10:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

Well...it happened......My brake booster took a crap.  Is there any kits available to rebuild these things?  Or do I just need to buy a new one?   I notice it has a ring around it that appears to hold the two halves together....If it isn't one thing....it's another!!!! :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

rudyjrusa

http://boosterdeweyexchange.com/

i used this company to rebuild my power brake booster - he did a great job!

histoy

I used him as well.  He does good work at a reasonable price.

TylerCharger69

But isn't there a kit i can buy so i can do it myself???

jaak

Prior Brake Service in Texas is good too. I had a Bendix booster rebuilt (for the '69), it was $101 with return shipping. Quick turn around also.

Jason

General Lee 01

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 10, 2009, 10:47:42 PM
Well...it happened......My brake booster took a crap.  Is there any kits available to rebuild these things?  Or do I just need to buy a new one?   I notice it has a ring around it that appears to hold the two halves together....If it isn't one thing....it's another!!!! :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
I got one at the auto parts store for my 69 Charger and it was under $80. and the core was $20. go to Autoparts2020.com

Chatt69chgr

The Bendix dual diaphram booster has not been available for a couple of years or so via the rebuild houses.  They will show you a picture of one but when you order it and get it in it will be a functional equivalent but not a Bendix like in the picture above (although there is always a possibility that it could be if someone was to turn in a core).  I also had mine rebuilt by Prior Brake about three years ago and rebuild cost then was $89 and that included shipping and shortening the acuator rod (my booster came out of a 69 C-body).