News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nor. Cal. HWY. 1 Cruise: Pictures of Who What When Where 'n Why.

Started by Brock Samson, September 10, 2009, 06:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please state your preferences so we can git this party started...

What day of the week?
What Time of Day?
From Where to Where?
How Long Would You Prefer?
Stop for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or a Combo?

nappycharger69

ChgrSteve67

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ChgrSteve67

This is the starting place and start time is 10AM right?

~~~~~~~~~~~
Treasure Island:
Avenue of the Palms - between Nineth St. And Fourth St.

Treasure Island, San Francisco, CA

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=treasure+island+calif&hl=en&sll=37.822936,-122.370261&sspn=0.017629,0.032015&ie=UTF8&view=map&hq=&hnear=Treasure+Island,+San+Francisco,+California&ll=37.820972,-122.371924&spn=0.007424,0.013754&t=h&z=16
~~~~~~~~~~

Or have the details changed

Brock Samson

yes, I'm getting there an hour early. I was thinking a photoshoot would be good at that location.  :shruggy:  :icon_smile_wink:

Brock Samson

look for this car... If you miss us were going to Nicks' in Pacifica (rockaway beach) for brunch before heading south,.. We should be arriving there at Approx 11:00.
Hope to hear ya' before I see Ya!  :lol:

nappycharger69

Brock Samson

we will meet at California Ave & Avenue D on Treasure Island. 9-10 AM.

ChgrSteve67

My paint is louder that my car so you will probably see me first.

Brock Samson

36 Dodge Brothers

I going to try and make it without my Charger  :'(, maybe next year the car will be ready to roll. Anyways I thought it would be a good opportunity to meet all of you and to take some cool pics. If I do go I will be driving a blue Dodge Ram.

Marco
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

Neal_J

Nice to meet everyone this morning.  Dave, thanks for organizing. 

Here's a couple of teaser shots for our East Coast pals.

skip68

Nice!!  :drool5: :2thumbs: Can't wait to see Dan's pics. He's a really good photographer!  :yesnod: Keep em coming!

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Neal_J

OK, a couple of more.  The first, a "butt" shot.  The second, Strat taking pics.

36 Dodge Brothers

First of all I would like to say that it was a pleasure meeting all of you  :2thumbs:. Thanks for sharing your pics Neal! Here are a couple of pics, hope you like them, Photoshoped of course.

Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

Dans 68

Marco,

Great photos!  :2thumbs:  You do realize, of course, that as my photos cannot match yours in quality that I cannot now post them in good conscience... :RantExplode:  Well, eventually, I will post them but I will post them much later now...at least on the next page of this thread.  :rofl:

I'm kidding, of course. It was a pleasure to meet you also! If possible please send me the full size image(s)...your treatment was fantastic.   :yesnod:

Dan

Edit - Cool! Now I can post them....
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: Dans 68 on October 18, 2009, 07:17:13 PM
Marco,

Great photos!  :2thumbs:  You do realize, of course, that as my photos cannot match yours in quality that I cannot now post them in good conscience... :RantExplode:  Well, eventually, I will post them but I will post them much later now...at least on the next page of this thread.  :rofl:

I'm kidding, of course. It was a pleasure to meet you also! If possible please send me the full size image(s)...your treatment was fantastic.   :yesnod:

Dan

Edit - Cool! Now I can post them....

Thanks! I can try to send you the full size but it will probably take you a week to download it, it's 80+ megs. I will make one that is more email friendly & send it to you. With a little practice using Photoshop you will be supprised what you can do, of course I spent about 2 hrs working on the layout for the first pic, I must be nuts.

Marco
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

Dans 68

Marco,

I can download 80 megs very easily...probably take at least a few minutes. It is just what file size the I.P. will allow. Go ahead and try it when you get the time. Thanks, and I'll try to get my photos up tonight.

Dan

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: Dans 68 on October 18, 2009, 07:48:05 PM
Marco,

I can download 80 megs very easily...probably take at least a few minutes. It is just what file size the I.P. will allow. Go ahead and try it when you get the time. Thanks, and I'll try to get my photos up tonight.

Dan

So what's this  :shruggy: I tried to send you three pics, no more than 22 mb. I will send one emails per pic, hopefully I can get them through.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:   Charger Pics
      Sent:   10/18/2009 6:44 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'danhelms@pacbell.net' on 10/18/2009 6:46 PM
            552 5.2.3 DATA size exceeds maximum permitted
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

ChgrSteve67

Got rained on a bit going home but made it home safe and sound.

http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp248/MPR67/Hwy1Cruise/?albumview=grid

Was great to meet everyone in person today.
We definately need to do a Spring cruise.

Dans 68

It was a pleasure to make the acquaintances of Steve and Marie Shirley (ChgrSteve67), Greg and Darla Napora (nappycharger69) and their dogs, Neal and son Ryan (great magnetic dart story :o )(Neal_J), Marcos (36 Dodge Brothers), and to meet again David (Brock Samson). Good people all!  :2thumbs:

It was a cool but for the most part dry day on San Francisco Bay. Marcos stopped by (in his Dodge truck), and Neal and Ryan also by for the meet and greet, and taking of photos, on the Island. We all had a great time talking cars, taking pictures (thanks to Brock for setting up the cars for the shots at the Marina at Treasure Island, and for getting all of us through the maze that is known as San Francisco) and cruising the Streets of San Francisco. It felt a bit like the Bullit movie at times with the hills. Three of the Four cars on the cruise had manual transmissions (not Brock  :drive:) and their owners got an excellent left foot/right foot workout. It was very hard not to light up the tires starting from a dead stop on a very steep hill. I just love the smell of burning rubber in the morning....

We never got as far as Santa Cruz as the extra time taking pictures and the horrendous traffic (the Great Highway was closed due to a marathon race) caused us a few extra hours just getting to Pacifica, where we had lunch at Nick's. It was a great day on the road. I was teased a bit about my skinny tires, but I think that was because I had the only '68 and the guys were jealous about my taillights and grill.  :icon_smile_wink:

Here are some of my photos that I liked the best. I will post the rest of them on photobucket later for you photo gluttons.  :cheers:

Dan

Dans 68

...some more....

Dans 68

...some more....

Dans 68

ChgrSteve67, Brock Sampson, nappycharger69 and Neal_J.  :2thumbs:

472 R/T SE

Thanks for the awesome pix.  Looks like a great time.

I sure wish we could get the boyz together for a cruise up here.  There's a couple of us that have talked about it.  I imagine someone just needs to take charge like Dave did.