News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nor. Cal. HWY. 1 Cruise: Pictures of Who What When Where 'n Why.

Started by Brock Samson, September 10, 2009, 06:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please state your preferences so we can git this party started...

What day of the week?
What Time of Day?
From Where to Where?
How Long Would You Prefer?
Stop for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or a Combo?

Brock Samson

:D Mush,..  as I like hearding cats this Cruise remeinds me of when I had a band and why it couldn't be a democracy,..
So If you'd like to participate I'd like to get the input of what works for you, then I'll figure out what might work best...
A night cruise might be a possibility,.. an all day cruise to Santa Cruise to take advantage of the Beach Board walk with it's rides in the cool of the Eve.
Remember that at peak weekend hours Hwy one is a crowded parking lot and the cars may be prone to over heat the parking lots will be full and finding a place to meet up will be complicated by the shear mass of folks going down for the pumpkin fest which is a major event this month...
So speak up, voice your concerns i think it could really be alot of fun, we might stop at Nicks' in Pacifica for breakfast cruise to Santa Cruz, do a few hours of rides and the bumper cars to get out aggressions out, have dinner at any one of the great places in the area and head home... lots of pictures and vids too...  :cheers:
here's the original thread...
Topic: S.F. Bay Area Cruise?..  
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,59069.0.html

Dans 68

David,

Meow? As the father of a 9-year old soccer player (and coach on her team) and budding horsewoman (starting to post for all you horse lovers) Sunday would be the best day, bar none. It can be an all day affair, with breakfast in Pacifica (I like that idea) followed by a cruise along Highway 1 to Santa Cruz. Where do I sign up?  :D

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: if we go soon, we could stop at the pumpkin patch, kids would like that and i bet the photos would be superb, if you perhaps just happened to have a irridencent orange charger for example...  :shruggy:
Sunday might verywell work...

Dans 68

Are you thinking about a family outing or just the guys (gals?)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Brock Samson

your choice, but then of course you might not be able to partake in the one hour rest stop at Auntie Sadies' Cat House...  :shruggy:

Neal_J

Lunch/1-2 hours/Sunday afternoon/within Bay Area

Thanks Dave!

Neal

Brock Samson

Neal, perhaps you could just go as far as Nicks in Pacifica,.. that way we can continue on and you can stay close to home...
http://www.nicksrestaurant.net/homepage.html

This weekend there's a cooling trend comming by Sunday, which works for me,.. but i'm sure alot of the other bay area folks who would like to join in wont even see this thread for days or even weeks to come which is why I posted it on the Main Disc. page...
So,.. Sunday?..  :shruggy:

Dans 68

Sunday sounds good for me. I can do Nicks in Pacifica and then cruise (at least partway) to Santa Cruz. Pick a time and lets get a headcount. I'll bring a camera. My iPhone will take care of the video.... :cheers:

Dan

Brock Samson

shoot me yur phone numbers in a pm... and Neal - afternoon prolly aint gonna work,.. as we need to be in SC by noon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

Brock Samson

nappycharger69

Brock Samson

Gonna jump off US 101 at Fifth... north up powell then down powell.. left on Columbus ave to the Marina, skirt the coast around the presideo to Great Hwy. then it's HWY 1. should take about a solid hour from the island to Nicks' another hour to Santa Cruz.

nappycharger69

nappycharger69

Brock Samson

Dans 68

Quote from: nappycharger69 on October 01, 2009, 11:45:38 PM
How many people will show up?

A better question would be how many people are planning to come.  ;)  Count me in. Just need to know where exactly to meet on the Island.

Dan

Brock Samson

nappycharger69

Brock you do know the 17th 18th is the pumpkin festival in Half Moon Bay. Traffic down 1 is going to be crazy.

Dans 68

Quote from: nappycharger69 on October 02, 2009, 11:32:31 PM
Brock you do know the 17th 18th is the pumpkin festival in Half Moon Bay. Traffic down 1 is going to be crazy.
...and Fun! It is what it is. We'll get through all right. Should be a lot of good photo ops.

Dan

nappycharger69

I count 3 or 4 cars so far. I hope to see alot more there. I would love to see or start a mopar cruise, up here in northern cali.

Brock Samson

ChgrSteve67

You guys mind if a First Gen joins your group?

I'm up in Sac but willing to make the trip.

Dans 68

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on October 03, 2009, 10:28:44 PM
You guys mind if a First Gen joins your group?

I'm up in Sac but willing to make the trip.

You're kidding, right? Of course you are welcome. Hell, I might take the 3rd gen on this trip! We'd be glad to have you! :2thumbs:

Dan

On second thought, nah. I'll take the '68 (4-speed, ya know.... :icon_smile_wink:)

Brock Samson