News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the dumbest or silliest thing anyone ever said about your Charger?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 10, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Outside of, what do you get for MPG? Or what year is it?  ( I thought everyone knew  :shruggy: ) Mine would be
" Wow what a beautiful car, to bad they ruined it with the gas cap on top of the fender.   :o
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TUFCAT

My #1 dumb question is:  "does it still have the 440 in it"? - - referring to the Coronet 440 emblems.

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

jaak

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 10, 2009, 05:16:21 PM
My #1 dumb question is:  "does it still have the 440 in it"?

I was wondering if the Coronet 440 guys, got that alot.  :smilielol:

I guess with me its the famous, "is it the hemi 440?"

Jason

tan top

yep , whats the gas milage  :yesnod:  , nother one is !! ( & no offence to my GL charger Buddys  :cheers:  :2thumbs:) , but   are  you going to paint it orange  !! you should    turn it into a dukes of hazzard car :yesnod: :scratchchin:  :brickwall:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 10, 2009, 05:16:21 PM
My #1 dumb question is:  "does it still have the 440 in it"? - - referring to the Coronet 440 emblems.

So....................does it?

BBD :icon_smile_big:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: elacruze on September 10, 2009, 05:18:45 PM

"I'll give you $10 grand cash for it right now."

I heard that same thing a couple months ago.

I told the guy:  "Get the F*&K outta here.   No,  seriously dude... get the F^k outta here."

He stood there like a dumbazz giggling at himself.    I guess if the name fits.   

I had to walk away.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

TylerCharger69

The number one dumb-assed question I always get asked....usually from a toothless redneck......"Where's Daisy?"

Brock Samson

"  As i stated on an earlier thread,.. Troy our fearless leader was with me while we were filling up the 71 road runner, and some local kid with his pants down around his ankles insisted it was a nice 350 Ford, even after Troy who was very nice, polite  and clear explaining about it being a Plymouth two times,..
But in the kids' defence a couple of folks looking at the rear of the runner quickly said it was a nice Cougar... 
what are ya gonna do?.. not everyone is as into these Mopars as we are and for them all they know is mustangs and camaros...
I bet alot of you guys wouldn't know alot of cars from the period 30-40 years prior to your expertise... "

while i have my WWII german SS helmet on - here's nine pages of responses to the same question Bronzy asked...
    Stupid comments about your car
« on: March 18, 2008, 09:32:07 AM »

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41526.0.html

Brock Samson

here' s vier weitere Seiten von einem anderen dummen Anmerkungsgewinde  :lol:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,28177.0.html

und mein erstes Nachzählen von ze " 350 Ford" Kompliment.

MoparManJim

I think mine was "Man, that's a nice Cuda" and the other is "Man I love your Challenger" .

I even had one parent correct his adult son by saying "Thats not a cuda.. that's a dang charger"  :smilielol:

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: tan top on September 10, 2009, 05:22:46 PM
yep , whats the gas milage  :yesnod:  , nother one is !! ( & no offence to my GL charger Buddys  :cheers:  :2thumbs:) , but   are  you going to paint it orange  !! you should    turn it into a dukes of hazzard car :yesnod: :scratchchin:  :brickwall:
Actually I have been asked if I'm going to put the letters and flag on it.  NOooooooooooo.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69bronzeT5

"You've got a nice Challenger. My dad has one too in our garage!"....meanwhile, I've seen in the kid's garage and all that's there is a couple of rice rocket motorcycles. :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

nh_mopar_fan

After a cruise night a few years ago, we took a ride up the beach. I parked on the street and my brother went to grab us a couple slices.

My plate is "ITSA67".

Woman comes by with a guy.

Woman: "Oh look it's a 67 Charger"
Him: "No it's not, they didn't make Chargers in 1967."

I burst out laughing. He walked away quickly.

bull

The other day I was working in the garage with the door open and a couple of teen-agers in the neighborhood (one of them who's been past my house about 400 times without so much as a word) decide to pipe up about the Charger. "That's a nice project you got there," he says. "What is it, a Camaro?" "No," I said. "It's a '68 Charger." "Oh," he says to his buddy. "I was only a couple years off." Yea, a couple years off plus the wrong make and model. :rotz:

Years before that when I first got the Charger it needed a total restoration, rust everywhere, wouldn't run, needed one of everything. The kid next door came over and told me it needed to be washed. I told him dirt is the least of my worries.

Brock Samson

Road Dog

Picked up Jr today at the daycare in the Charger. Three or four enthusiastic teens were going on about what a awesome Torino it was. LOL  :eyes:

My favorite was coming out of the Post office this older fella says to me, Is that your car? I said, Yeah. He said, you ain't old enough to know nothin about that car. :smilielol: Then he asked, How long have you had it ? I said , Over 30 years. :yesnod: He said, Well maybe you do know something about that car.  :lol:
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 10, 2009, 06:58:38 PM
this is how i imagine you Bull,..  :lol:

I think I posted that once, too  :lol: Poor Bull.. He gets a bum rap.. He's really a softhearted guy, just like Clint!!!  :lol:

The dumbest question I have been asked?? 3/4 of the way through a restoration, tens of thousands of $$ into the car to be asked "Why don't you just buy a clean roller and transfer the drivetrain"  :brickwall:

b5blue

bigred68

"Man those wheels are cool" The Crager's, personally, I kinda' don't like them. Besides the fact they just look BAD chrome peeling off etc.
"I think those wheels look cool on those old cars man"
"Thank you"
"Yeah man cool, My dad had a Chevelle just like that man" :rofl:

(Taken a year ago or so.. long hair, strawberry blond) just sayin...
:cheers:

HollyWoodCharger

When I had my first Charger, I had just about every comment you could think of, including "when you putting a Hemi in it??"

The one I got the most was, "you ruined that car by Tubbing it!"

vancamp

does it have a hemi, when are ya gonna paint it orange and put the 01 on the door, and at a local show a lady and her son were commenting on it saying it was a 73 charger just like the general lee. :confused:

Sinister68

I've heard the following from the 'rocket scientist' kids in our neighborhood: "Hey look, he's got an old and a new Mustang!"  :rotz:  :-\  ::)
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Dans 68

"...ever have a sheriff chase you?" (of course they look right past the classic taillights and clean grill and key on the "color")

I politely correct them.  :slap:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259