News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the dumbest or silliest thing anyone ever said about your Charger?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 10, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

not about the charger but the roadrunner gets "nice cuda " all the time   :yesnod:   even with "beep beep" tags    :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Baldwinvette77

an 8 year old kid came up to me in my garage a couple days ago, asked "when did i get this car" even though i had it for months an he even help put the bumper on a while ago,  :lol: he then asked if this was the corvette, cute stuff  :lol: he then helped me take the dash out until his dad yelled at him to come back home  :P

Cooter

Not ness. The dumbest thing, but funny...

"You actually paid for that?"
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

DodgeChargerNeeded

My latest 68 charger the guy walks up he says wow it has the hideaway headlights and the 150mph he was very impressed I ignored him
Jeff

myk

Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on September 01, 2013, 10:35:27 PM
My latest 68 charger the guy walks up he says wow it has the hideaway headlights and the 150mph he was very impressed I ignored him

The 150 mph what?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

DodgeChargerNeeded

Jeff

Mike DC

I wouldn't ignore someone just because their comments are on the basic side.  Not everyone's into these cars like we are. 

Johnnys70SRT

This happened just 2 weeks ago while I was installing my engine at work. I work as an assistant parts manager at a Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealership. One of the salesman comes back admiring my car. Mind you he is about 42 years old. He tells me: "I never knew they made the Charger's in a 2 door model. I watched the Dukes of Hazzard while I was growing up and even their Charger was a 4 door."
I just stood there and shook my head in amazement. Granted the new Chargers are 4 doors, but to make a Dukes of Hazzard comment that they drove a 4 door Charger, come on. How stupid can people be???

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Johnnys70SRT on September 02, 2013, 08:23:14 AM
This happened just 2 weeks ago while I was installing my engine at work. I work as an assistant parts manager at a Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealership. One of the salesman comes back admiring my car. Mind you he is about 42 years old. He tells me: "I never knew they made the Charger's in a 2 door model. I watched the Dukes of Hazzard while I was growing up and even their Charger was a 4 door."
I just stood there and shook my head in amazement. Granted the new Chargers are 4 doors, but to make a Dukes of Hazzard comment that they drove a 4 door Charger, come on. How stupid can people be???

I've heard some ignorant comments about the "General Lee", e.g., "The real ones had their doors welded shut," "The real ones didn't have door handles," (one guy I knew not only claimed that the doors were welded shut, but also insisted that the door gaps were filled, making the fender, rocker panel, and rear quarter panel look like a single uninterrupted piece of sheet metal), but that 4-door comment takes the cake.

UH60L

Quote from: 71wrenchhead on April 04, 2012, 03:35:54 AM
i got asked if my charger was done yet.........now, thats normal i suppose

but i was asked through an email, while im in Afghanistan and the guy asking is back in my home town....   REALLY!?!??!

i told him yeah, i just have to adjust some things    :rotz:   

Same thing happened to me when I was in Iraq in 2009.  I think what's worse for me is when I go to my monthly mopar car club meeting and the people who know we've been having money trouble for the last year ask how the car is coming along and when it will be running.  It's like when you tell people you filed chapter 13 bankruptcy and that your broke, they don't want to believe it (or just don't listen)  I'd love to have my car done, but I can't afford the parts needed. 

I still like the comment my friend made to me when I first showed him my '69.  He said he could have got me one for $1000.00.  I said show me, so we drove over there.......and I pointed out that it was a rusted out white.....impala!  (to which he said "same thing".......DOH!!!!)

fy469rtse

I often get people coming up to me and insisting they had one just like it when they were younger, then ask me why the steering is on the other side, over her in Australia they often confuse dodge charger with its smaller later made cousin , poor copy, when you park them side by side , you can see all the styling cues like Chrysler Australia copied into a more acceptable size car for Here,
They even used the 69 fuel cap and copied the rt badge in sticker form.

69finder

"Back in the day... I could've bought 10 of these RT's for $500 each."

"It's in pretty rough shape, I'll give you $500 for the whole car."  - Same guy has a hood for $2500(!) on Kijiji.

"I have 7 of these 68 RT's at my acreage, so I'll give you $1500 for your RT".  When asked if I could see them, he goes stone cold.

BROKEDICK CITY, ALBERTA

GOTWING

toocheaptosmoke

Last month had a guy telling me about how bad I got ripped off because I paid a few grand for my 1970.  He told me about how he bought a mint 1972 charger back in the 80's for $800, and that I wasted my money.  I tried explaining the 30 year gap, or how they're not the same car, etc.  Didn't matter, I was a fool.  :lol:  Then said he just saw a, (what year is your car again?),  yeah that's it, 1970 charger few miles away for $1500.   I said let's go, I'll buy it right now.  The conversation stalled, then changed back to trying to sell me a couple of broken lawn mowers... 

6pkrtse

Just recently I had a guy come up to me & said what year? I tell him 1970. He says 1970 was a whole different body style & that I have the incorrect tail lights in the rear. Mine should be the dual round lights like a Corvettte!!!!!! I tell him "NO"! politely that it is definately a 1970. The body style was the same from 1968-1970 & that my tail lights are correct for a 1970. He continues to want to argue that I am wrong!!!! Some people never learn.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Baldwinvette77

i got a good story for you, back in january a dude who lives down the street from me saw my shell and basically said WTF for 30 minutes, im sure he was saying important things, but the teenager in me did a good job of ignoring much of what he said  :nana: the conversation ended with "you can't fix that, it's finished, call a friend to haul it to the junkyard, but they wont even pay you for it", then i think i welded in my firewall patch  :scratchchin: . then yesterday he came up to me in my garage with the same charger and said "im glad to see you got rid of that old car, is this the corvette?"  :rofl: my dad thought he was nuts, i... well i just didnt react, i wasn't expecting him to say anything intelligent  :rotz:

Ghoste

Quote from: GOTWING on September 04, 2013, 10:41:46 AM
how many times has your superbid been called a superbee?  :eek2:

I had my Super Bee once called a Super Beetle.  :-\

seaweed

2 week's ago an old man and his woman (looked like they were around 80 years old) came to my Charger as i parked it.
I overheard the lady "What a neat colour" and the man asked me "Is this a Mustang?", I kindly replayed (out of respect to his age and the fact that he showed intrest) no, The Mustangs are much smaller, this is made by Dodge not Ford.
He then continued to talk about his grandson's Lincoln for awhile before they left.

Funny thing is that last summer we stopped at a gasstation on our way to a car meet, And there was a bunch of kids (6-8 years old) looking at my car and I've heard them mention that it was a Charger before they took some pics of it.

I believe that the kids had watched Fast & Furious and the old man had not :laugh:

tcs69rt

Some kid with his hat on sideways and baggy ass pants driving a Honda (imagine that) stuck his head in the drivers window of my car. He came out and announced to his posse "Yo, dawg this fool running' NOS! His s#it is all his hidden and tight!" I walked over and said "What are you talking about?" He said "Right there on the floor, you hit that round silver switch with your left foot to activate your NOS."

"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: tcs69rt on November 19, 2013, 01:15:28 AM
Some kid with his hat on sideways and baggy ass pants driving a Honda (imagine that) stuck his head in the drivers window of my car. He came out and announced to his posse "Yo, dawg this fool running' NOS! His s#it is all his hidden and tight!" I walked over and said "What are you talking about?" He said "Right there on the floor, you hit that round silver switch with your left foot to activate your NOS."

Nitrous powered Highbeams  :METAL:

1974dodgecharger

Heard two of them....

I get out of the car and some dude is standing next to his buddy and saids, 'Jesus that guy is burning a gallon of gas just backing up'

another one....

some guy saids, 'damn you now your car is loud and thats a nice 69'  I respond back, 'its a 68'  he then looks pissed and walks off casually and turns, 'well your front lights come on when you hit the brake I noticed'

XH29N0G

Quote from: tcs69rt on November 19, 2013, 01:15:28 AM

My teenage son also asked about the high beam button. :yesnod:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

wingcar

Back in the day when I still owned my Plymouth Superbird....I can't remember how many times it was called a "Superbee".  I finally got tired of correcting people, so I would just like it go since many of them where "experts" and knew more than owners did about their cars.....you know the type....you can hear them at any local car show.          :brickwall:

When I purchased my '08 Challenger SRT I heard it called what seemed like every name in the book....Nice Charger, Like your new Camaro, So that's the new Mustang, etc....to this day some still call it a Charger.....

My first car was a 1966 Charger and I will never forget how excited a girl got at a gas station when she saw the Charger name on the side of my car.  She kept telling her boy friend that it was a new Charger (this was in early 1972).  Her boy friend corrected her...telling her it was an old Cuda.  Neither had ever seen a First Generation Charger and thought that the 1968 Charger was the first.

Bottomline is we must keep in mind that many out there are not car enthusiasts so you need to be patient with them....gently correct them, and if the individual turns out to be one of those "experts", don't argue with them...just let them go on being stupid...... 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Ghoste