News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the dumbest or silliest thing anyone ever said about your Charger?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 10, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeadfootBob

The silliest/funniest had to be my grandma... Bought the car, hauled it home on a trailer, had to stick a rope in the spring shackle and hold it back with another car to get it into the garage (no brakes and downhill, go figure). The floors are rotted clean out inside, front wheels cocked over almost horizontal due to both UCA's being broken, no interior at all, holes in both rear quarters, no engine/trans...
The next day she comes over while i'm working on it, looks inside and exclaims "there's no instrument panel! Did you have to buy a car without an instrument panel?"
Attention to detail  :smilielol:

The motor argument reminds me of (a bit off topic but still) the know-it-all who took a gander at the engine in my fathers chopper and proudly noted that yes, he had once owned a harley too. Dad's bike is a '69 Honda CB750....
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Mike DC

"Dude, don't you know the General Lee was a Pontiac Catalina?"" 

73chgrSE

oldsnofear

Whenever I drive the hubby's 69 Charger people always ask.....Is that yours??????  I told one guy....No, I just picked it up from Enterprise car rental!  Just because I don't have male parts doesn't mean I can't drive a nice car!  lol!  I need another good comeback....any ideas????

FastbackJon

..............you should paint it orange and put a 01 on it.......

and this is my '67 Charger!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

G-man

Dont know. Doesnt seem to be that many idiots in australia. All the comments I ever got were good. :shruggy:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jaak

Another thing about my 69.....I guess its just "mopar uneducted", but my car gets called a Roadrunner or Super Bee more than it gets called a Charger.

Jason

sparkybr74mr

I had a 70 Challenger before I bought my Charger. As I pulled my Challenger into an auto parts store and the guy behind the counter (been there for years) says to me "I love your camaro" I didn't have the heart to embarass him in front of his co-workers. I figured they would do that for me when I left. I didn't figure that coming from a car guy.

Hemidog

"How come your car doesnt have any headlights?"
Me: Old cars didn't have that.
"Oh, OK".

grdprx

Me and my 4 year old were out tinkering on the Charger today and working on Mommy's car.  Come in for lunch, he says, "Why don't we find you a Charger that's fixed Dad!"

I wish it was that easy!   :rofl:

Got to love little kid's logic!

74Rallye

10 min. of bla bla bla, had one just like it, bla bla bla, yep, I love them old Pontiacs. I didn't say a word. 

piwo440

My Dad,  who had a 69 Charger 383 SE for years,  was very happy to find out I was buying a Charger....  I never told him it was a 66.  When he saw it on the trailor he asked me,   "Thought you said you were buying a Charger, why did you bring back a Marlin?"    The next day I found out he was messing with me....
Ron Gasior
66 Charger 383/727
ZZ1 P4W WW

Martian R/T

Oh I get so tired of the paint it orange and put the flag and numbers on it, I dred pulling in to get gas because theres always one idiot that wants to talk, and its always the same, paint it orange, or they had, or a family member had one of those back when, its like just shut up all I want to do is get gas, I had a couple of idiots driving an old beater plymouth pull up and just yak yak yak, they were almost drooling on the fender, so I finally get back in the Charger and get ready to go and they are sitting in front of my car waiting for me to go, so there I sit because they won't move, so finally the car behind me moves, so I can pull out, there glued to the window yelling and giving me thumbs up, I was so mad I could have screamed, they reminded me of the two goobers on the Dodge commercial " does that thing have a Hemi" I don't have the patients for them any more, I guess I'm getting old or something, I did have a guy give me the hey I will give you 10 grand for it a while back, I looked him right in the eyes and told him 10 grand wouldn't even buy the motor, he got a stupid look on his face and walked away. :RantExplode: :brickwall: :RantExplode: :brickwall:
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

Stretch

I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

200MPH

when i had my 67  I heard: "wow Thats a slick looking marlin you got don't see those everyday!" :eek2:
Charger

Hive_Mind

Well my bee gets called a charger 9 times out of 10 or a roadrunner even though I have bee emblems on the front and back and stickers on the windows have also gotten the challenger comment and one genius that came up to me saying wow that is a nice sounding stroker, in reference to the 383 badges on the hood scoops

Back N Black

Dumbest one so far is...... " i didn't know they use to make 2 door Chargers".  :shruggy:

dodgecharger72

The same UPS delivery guy comes to our house every time we get a package and every time he sees me in the driveway with my charger he asks if I'm getting parts for my MUSTANG :brickwall: I corrected him four or five time but now I just nod my head. He's obviously not worth the trouble lol

Mike DC

QuoteDumbest one so far is...... " i didn't know they use to make 2 door Chargers"

defiance

Stretch

miller

My acquaintances always ask me how my Camaro, Challenger, or Mustang is doing...
With my R/T stripe on the back many people ask if I have a 383 in it, I really don't mind, it was probably the most selling motor here back in the day, plus to see their eyes when I say no its a 440 is priceless.

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

westcoastdodge

I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

Stretch

I have been asked more than once be a different person every time "What year torino is this?"
One of those times my buddy Shane was with me. He has a '73 cuda. I have a '73 rallye charger. It has turned into an inside joke for us. Whenever Shane comes over he asks, "What year torino is this?" and I respond with "Same year as you camaro!"

I think the torino thing comes from early '70s torinos having a very similar stripe treatment on them. It's probably the same guy who always had a car identical to yours only it had a hemi and was orange and didn't have..... yada.... Yada.... yada!