News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the dumbest or silliest thing anyone ever said about your Charger?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 10, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: NHCharger on December 02, 2011, 10:00:57 PM
At a car show Columbus Day, my wife overheard some teens checking out my Charger.

Teen #1: Wow check it out, a 71 dodge Charger.
Teen #2: Uh, that must be a fake, they didn't make Charger's back then.

:smilielol:

I had a guy tell his wife the same thing about my 67.

BY RSCO

keep in mind, my car is about 25% finished, but will still post the repeated daily ones....
1) "I saw one already fixed up and all, just like that ole general - yep, it was a 67 charger just like on the show - they only wanted $2500 for it.."(true story.)
2) "Are you welding the doors shut"
3) "Are you gonna slide across the hood" - same two word answer as above.....ending in NO
4) - my favorite - "are you gonna drive it?"

Dino

Quote from: BY RSCO on December 09, 2011, 12:46:10 AM
keep in mind, my car is about 25% finished, but will still post the repeated daily ones....
1) "I saw one already fixed up and all, just like that ole general - yep, it was a 67 charger just like on the show - they only wanted $2500 for it.."(true story.)
2) "Are you welding the doors shut"
3) "Are you gonna slide across the hood" - same two word answer as above.....ending in NO
4) - my favorite - "are you gonna drive it?"

Next time that happens have some fun with it:

"I saw one already fixed up and all, just like that ole general - yep, it was a 67 charger just like on the show - they only wanted $2500 for it.."(

- "That's not bad, I traded in my dog and my youngest for this one, I never liked them so I think I got the better deal!"

"Are you welding the doors shut"

-"I'm not good with a welder, but I have a ton of those self stick velcro straps I'm dying to try out.

"Are you gonna slide across the hood"

-Last time I tried sliding over the car I needed stitches and a tetanus shot, but yeah!

"are you gonna drive it?"

Nope, cutting it in half and turning it into a mini bar for the living room.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

74Rallye

I had just had the 74 painted yellow and a girl is asking when I am going to put the flag and numbers on it.
I had another person go on for 10 min. about how he had one and how much he liked them, and then he said "yep, love them Pontiacs."
Oh, let's not forget the crack head with scary teeth at the car show that wants to buy the car with next weeks check.

400/6/PAC

A Friend of mine wanted Me to chop the roof pillars and lower the roof.
I thought He was joking at first but He was serious. :eek2:

BY RSCO

"Are you welding the doors shut"

-"I'm not good with a welder, but I have a ton of those self stick velcro straps I'm dying to try out.

"Are you gonna slide across the hood"

-Last time I tried sliding over the car I needed stitches and a tetanus shot, but yeah!

"are you gonna drive it?"

Nope, cutting it in half and turning it into a mini bar for the living room.
Good stuff! Will have to use some of these..!

Lighthorseman

Just went through all the posts.  Pretty funny stuff.  Sadly, I don`t have a Charger, but I did recently get my hands on a lemon-twist `70 Satellite convertible, and while I`ve only gone out a few times this summer, I got the following comments:

- I had a 69 Charger just like yours.  Mine was a ragtop too.
- Look! A Transformers Camaro!

I must say that I got waaaaay more nice comments than silly.  Most people, if they don`t know just what model or year it is - will ask, rather than insist they know.

The absolute cutest comment I got was when I took the car to collect my daughter from day-care, one of the little kids pointed, and yelled that it looks `Just like a Matchbox Car!`

purplechargerguy

I dunno if it qualifies as a silly question or not but I was pulled over by a state trooper once (taillight out) and he actually asked me what was the fastest I had ever gotten my charger to go.  I just smiled and told him "65"
73 Charger SE  WP29M3A227291

cdr

my car has a looonnnngggg way to go i was workin on installing rt qrt & a guy stopped by & said you are guna paint it orange i said i hate orange, he said well you need to paint it orange so it will be correct  [orig color gold] i dont like gold,thinking b5,i know i'll paint it camo so no one can see it :brickwall:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Darkman

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

bobfist

Quote from: kingjoop on September 11, 2009, 01:27:19 PM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on September 11, 2009, 11:56:31 AM
I guess it would be the same to you if you were driving a 1966 Opel Kadett to your local show. :lol:

Per

My first car was a Opel Kadett  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big: :lol:

This is what they say over here to!

And some say "You will never get your money back"
Yeah sure just 10 times more than a new car :)
They can't accept that these cars are more worth than a new car
www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

ChgrSteve67

Bob T

Quote from: bobfist on December 18, 2011, 06:27:48 PM
I guess it would be the same to you if you were driving a 1966 Opel Kadett to your local show. :lol:

Per

Good point bobfist, I'd never considered the fact that I could have brought a new car and then some for what it cost me to buy my R/T and get it out here, and to be truthfull, given the choice of this or a new car then its an easy decision to make. :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Mr. 4-Speed

I once drove my survivor 69 roadrunner 4-speed at a car show. I parked the car.
A guy came over and told his friend: "well, that is some shitty old satellite, cloned as a roadrunner"
So i told him to look at the vin and the fendertag, and he told me that i was full of it and that it was a satellite.
I laughed at him and just walked away.

Then, i bought my savoy in 08, my dad came over to look at it, he saw it, shook his head, mumbled something like "ugly rustbucket" and he went off haha.

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on December 19, 2011, 03:22:33 AM
Quote from: bobfist on December 18, 2011, 06:27:48 PM

Per

Good point bobfist, I'd never considered the fact that I could have brought a new car and then some for what it cost me to buy my R/T and get it out here, and to be truthfull, given the choice of this or a new car then its an easy decision to make. :2thumbs:

Exactly............A 68 Charger is what I wanted..............not a new car.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

moparfan53

Last summer at a car show, two guys (mid twenties I estimate) were reading the sign I had by my 69 Charger. On the sign were the options, which included "six way drivers seat". One guy says to the other, "that is not original, they didn't have power seats back then". HUH? :shruggy: First, who said anything about "power" seat? Second, there were power seats available "back then", although not on Chargers. Anyway, I just smiled to myself and kept quiet.

G-man

Walking back to car in shopping center and a guy near my car said,

"Hey do you like my new car"

I replied "Sure I do, would like the keys to show me inside it as well?"  :rofl:

next

"Man you should have bought A Dodge with that money"  :slap:

tracpack440

I had a guy tell me. I hope you didnt buy that car thinking it was a real r/t. He said all r/t's  have a tail stripe. I know i had one before.
And the other thing i hear the most is Does it have a hemi.
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Fred

Quote from: tracpack440 on December 24, 2011, 02:44:24 AM
I had a guy tell me. I hope you didnt buy that car thinking it was a real r/t. He said all r/t's  have a tail stripe. I know i had one before.

That is some funny shit! :smilielol:

Wicked72

The one I get and hate the most......"hey man nice mustang"  then got topped by  " My dad has the same year 69 camaro in his garage" 
One time I got asked if I was going to put a 350 in it....
I think one massive cross country mopar cruise should be in order to help educate ppl and we can hand out fliers that explains things like ford did not make the challenger because it looks like a camaro. :nana:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

UH60L

There is a guy I have been firends with since about age 4.  I love the guy like a brother, but I have always known he was a few gallons shy of a full tank.....

So I should have know where this was headed when, the very first time I showed him my car, and we're cruising down the road......

I go around a corner and floor it, and somewhere around 120 MPH he says "gee, it's not very fast, so-and-so's camaro is faster than this...".  Then he asks what I paid for it, and I tell him, and he says "oh man, I could have got you one for $1000.00".  I took the bait, and asked him to show me, and we drive over there, wasting gas on a 15  or 20 mile trip.......and it's a white chevy impala with no motor and tranny!!!!!  :brickwall:  He says, "oh , well it's the same thing", and I said "no, no it's not"!!!!!    :flame:

I should have known!!!!

He's a good friend and a nice guy, but ya have to take everything he says with a grain or two of salt.......

For me personally, the most frustrating questions these days are the ones who I tell over and over again that I have no money to spend on my car and they always ask if it's done yet, or "have I done anything to the charger lately?". 

My supervisor at work married a woman who was independantly welathy, they have their own business as well as his income from work and a huge house and numerous automobiles etc etc etc and he is alwys asking how the car is coming along. 

Got a few people in my car club that are the same way.  They have money and their cars go from purchased basket case to restored drivaeable cars in less than a year, and they have several mopars all restored, and they just expect me to do the same.  Kinda frustrating, it seems like it's almost a competition sometimes with these people.  They buy, restore, and sell/trade cars like they were stocks.  I have one car that I love and will never part with unless it's an emergency.......

jaak

RIDGERACER383

The best one I had was some guy and his friends I guess stopped by to check out the tempo I was selling for $800....he said he only had $200 and offered me that.I was like hell no.then he looked at my charger and asked if I would sell it for $200...I asked him if he was high.the bad thing is he was being serious.this was in 2008
1968 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl / 8.75 Rear 3.55

Fred