News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the dumbest or silliest thing anyone ever said about your Charger?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 10, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

At a car show Columbus Day, my wife overheard some teens checking out my Charger.

Teen #1: Wow check it out, a 71 dodge Charger.
Teen #2: Uh, that must be a fake, they didn't make Charger's back then.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71gtx

Moparfest, last year. I was looking at a 55 Plymouth. I'm looking at the motor trying to figure out what it is, if it's a 383 or a 361. There's three old dudes standing there and I say it's either a 361 or a 350 B- block. The one guy goes, "It can't be a 350, 350 is Chev and that's not a Chevy block.  :brickwall:  I look at him and say "in 1958 the first B block is a 350"  :smilielol: They guy didn't believe me and said I was full of it! :shruggy: :rotz:

TK73

Yeah, well a 383 is a Chevy engine too, didn't know that did ya?  DUUUUUUHHHH 
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

71gtx

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NHCharger on December 02, 2011, 10:00:57 PM
At a car show Columbus Day, my wife overheard some teens checking out my Charger.

:o   Wow.  Thats sad.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger RT

Quote from: NHCharger on December 02, 2011, 10:00:57 PM

some people here think Chargers are not being built now or in the mid 80's
Tim

KillerBee1972

i have a 72 se charger

At a show this summer someone asked me why dont i paint my car orange and slap 01's on the side  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

JT01

When I got my 69 the guy across the street came over and said his aunt had one like that and it was a convertible

KillerBee1972

Quote from: MoparManJim link=t =61525.msg685994#msg685994 date=1252623293
I think mine was "Man, that's a nice Cuda" and the other is "Man I love your Challenger" .

I even had one parent correct his adult son by saying "Thats not a cuda.. that's a dang charger"  :smilielol:

I get that too by the salesmen i work with coming up to me saying "I like your challenger!" and my response is always in amazement saying "When did I get a challenger? And Where is it i wanna drive it!  :lol:

I even got asked what year camaro is it!?!  :eek2: :brickwall:

i thought salesmen are suppose to know about cars
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

jb666

I was asked, today... "This is cool, but the REAL General Lee's were all Challengers, not Chargers. Is this original?".

Yep... my '69 Charger rolled off the floor like this ..   :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Fred

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on December 03, 2011, 08:29:35 PM
i have a 72 se charger

At a show this summer someone asked me why dont i paint my car orange and slap 01's on the side  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Geez..............if being dumb hurt................they'd be screaming day and night!!   :slap:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

I had a guy with a mullet on a HD at the gas station tell me "Nice Challenger" and his brother had one years back. This while putting air in his tyres about 7 feet away from the CHARGER pillar moulding on my old 68
Nice one buddy, course he did   ;)
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

WhiteLightninn

my dad and i have a 73 se

1. When are you gonna paint it orange and throw 01 on the doors? (wrong gen buddy)
2. Is that some sort of Pontiac? (because of the front bumper)
3. What year Challenger is that? (sigh)
4. Does it have the 442 Hemi? (seriously??)  :eek2:

oh the joys of high school lol

G-man

Quote from: WhiteLightninn on December 04, 2011, 01:29:42 AM
my dad and i have a 73 se

1. When are you gonna paint it orange and throw 01 on the doors? (wrong gen buddy)
2. Is that some sort of Pontiac? (because of the front bumper)
3. What year Challenger is that? (sigh)
4. Does it have the 442 Hemi? (seriously??)  :eek2:

oh the joys of high school lol

:rofl:

Iron Chef

Most of your life should be "off the record."

Cooter

Bout the dumbest thing I see that's been done is think the general public should know about cars as much as we do.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mike DC

QuoteBout the dumbest thing I see that's been done is think the general public should know about cars as much as we do.

I agree.  There's no need to be a smartass just because somebody is making casual conversation and doesn't know your own car as well as you do.

But it does amaze me when people think they know more about a car than the owner himself does.  And a lot of times those "informers" are the ones that barely know anything at all.  It's amusing listening to people tell a car owner he is wrong about information that's required just to get the registration & license plates issued.

--------------------------------------------------------------

QuoteI was asked, today... "This is cool, but the REAL General Lee's were all Challengers, not Chargers. Is this original?".

Yep... my '69 Charger rolled off the floor like this ..   brickwall brickwall brickwall

I learned a long time ago with GL "experts" - don't even try to argue with them.  Find some images of the car on old DOH merchandise, or else take some still frames from the TV episodes, and keep them in your glovebox. 

Budnicks

When I had my 68 R/T, some dweeb at a race/show came up & said "NICE CAMARO", I just said "thanks" it wasn't worth my time, to correct the guy, obviously he didn't know $hit...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Bob T on December 04, 2011, 12:23:41 AM
I had a guy with a mullet on a HD at the gas station tell me "Nice Challenger" and his brother had one years back. This while putting air in his tyres about 7 feet away from the CHARGER pillar moulding on my old 68
Nice one buddy, course he did   ;)
dont' forget that the Charger badge is in cursive script. many people can't read that stuff.  :rofl: funny as it is...

71charger

At the gas station pumping up a guy asked me if my car was a belvedere..... He must of been high or something.
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

mysil bergsprekken

QuoteBout the dumbest thing I see that's been done is think the general public should know about cars as much as we do.

QuoteI agree.  There's no need to be a smartass just because somebody is making casual conversation and doesn't know your own car as well as you do.

QuoteBut it does amaze me when people think they know more about a car than the owner himself does.  And a lot of times those "informers" are the ones that barely know anything at all.  It's amusing listening to people tell a car owner he is wrong about information that's required just to get the registration & license plates issued.

That is well said Mike! There is a lot of people that just want to say hi and ask if you are the owner and just talk about the car. They might not know the difference between a amc riviera, pontiac malibu, ford challenge"her" or an oldsmobile charger RT, but they have heard about some name on an 60s 70s car, and therefore just associate it with your old looking ride. They just find it a bit interesting. I don't mind them at all, although a bit frustrating. We as charger owners and as enthusiastic as we can be sometimes, have to remember that regular people haven't heard that much about our cars and does not "inherit a PhD" about mopars.

But, there is a fine line here. When people come up to you and start criticizing the chrome bits being "wrong" and the color tone is different from an real T5, or that a sixpack is way better to have original on a 69 440. And so on and on and on, just keeps claiming they are professors from the Chrysler association!

That is just pretty unnecessary if you ask me.

So what I think we should do is to be tolerant to the people that comment on the cars and not expect them to know it all. And just try to avoid having to talk back and give sour responses to ridiculously unwitting criticism.

In general I feel people are very positive to our hobby. And that is great!
69 charger RT

Dino

Quote from: mysil bergsprekken on December 06, 2011, 04:43:52 AM

QuoteI agree.  There's no need to be a smartass just because somebody is making casual conversation and doesn't know your own car as well as you do.

QuoteBut it does amaze me when people think they know more about a car than the owner himself does.  And a lot of times those "informers" are the ones that barely know anything at all.  It's amusing listening to people tell a car owner he is wrong about information that's required just to get the registration & license plates issued.

That is well said Mike! There is a lot of people that just want to say hi and ask if you are the owner and just talk about the car. They might not know the difference between a amc riviera, pontiac malibu, ford challenge"her" or an oldsmobile charger RT, but they have heard about some name on an 60s 70s car, and therefore just associate it with your old looking ride. They just find it a bit interesting. I don't mind them at all, although a bit frustrating. We as charger owners and as enthusiastic as we can be sometimes, have to remember that regular people haven't heard that much about our cars and does not "inherit a PhD" about mopars.

But, there is a fine line here. When people come up to you and start criticizing the chrome bits being "wrong" and the color tone is different from an real T5, or that a sixpack is way better to have original on a 69 440. And so on and on and on, just keeps claiming they are professors from the Chrysler association!

That is just pretty unnecessary if you ask me.

So what I think we should do is to be tolerant to the people that comment on the cars and not expect them to know it all. And just try to avoid having to talk back and give sour responses to ridiculously unwitting criticism.

In general I feel people are very positive to our hobby. And that is great!

I agree, the majority of comments are positive.  So what if they 'guess' wrong.  We're ocd about these things, the spectator is not.

I likely may lose my cool when someone starts claiming nonsense and sticks with it after being corrected.  One of the reasons I don't go to shows.  Lately I've not been looking for the gas station with the cheapest gas but the one with the fastest pump so I can get the hell out of there before nimrod and co show up!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

greymag

WHen a young guy in a black 09 Charger pulled up next to me & asked what kind of car mine was.

UH60L

Quote from: jb666 on December 03, 2011, 09:01:22 PM

I was asked, today... "This is cool, but the REAL General Lee's were all Challengers, not Chargers. Is this original?".

Yep... my '69 Charger rolled off the floor like this ..   :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

You can thank the current dodge sedan for that one.  People are unfortunately being fooled into thinking dodge chargers have and always had four doors, so obviously, the general lee was a challenger,'cause they are two door cars...... :brickwall:

UH60L

Quote from: greymag on December 06, 2011, 02:35:37 PM
WHen a young guy in a black 09 Charger pulled up next to me & asked what kind of car mine was.

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

THAT truly is sad.