News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Petty going to Ferd next year! NOOOOO!!!

Started by grdprx, September 10, 2009, 03:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

Just heard that Yates and RPM are merging under Ford next year...  BS

Ponch ®

At least they're not going to Toyota.

And if I recall correctly, in the good ol' days of yore that so many old timers like to reminisce about, Petty ditched Plymouth in the middle of a season to run Fords. So it's not the first time.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 10, 2009, 03:42:32 PM

And if I recall correctly, in the good ol' days of yore that so many old timers like to reminisce about, Petty ditched Plymouth in the middle of a season to run Fords. So it's not the first time.

....because Chrysler wouldnt give him a wing car.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemigeno

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 10, 2009, 04:57:04 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on September 10, 2009, 03:42:32 PM

....because Chrysler wouldnt give him a wing car.

... or cut him in on the lucrative parts business of Ray Nichels.

There, fixed it for ya...  Both problems were "remedied" when Petty came back in 1970, with the Superbird and when Nichels was given the bum's rush out of the race parts business shortly thereafter.

BigBlackDodge

Yep, Petty raced in Fords in '69.

Better Ford than Toyota........

BBD

grdprx

Ehh, Ford is on the bottom of my list.  Was so happy Kasey got the win Sunday, now he's going to the blue oval....

At least they circled all their mistakes at Ford....

Ponch ®

Quote from: grdprx on September 10, 2009, 06:10:10 PM
Ehh, Ford is on the bottom of my list.  Was so happy Kasey got the win Sunday, now he's going to the blue oval....

At least they circled all their mistakes at Ford....

Remember when Kasey went to Dodge how it was very acrimonious because he was under contract with Ford and there were lawsuits and all that messy stuff? I doubt Kasey will stay at RPM much longer now that they're going to Ford. He might hang around another year and then end up in a Hendrick Chevy if Martin does retire after next year or he might end up at in a third Stewart Haas car in 2011. Just watch.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

NHCharger

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 10, 2009, 06:23:49 PM
I doubt Kasey will stay at RPM much longer now that they're going to Ford. He might hang around another year and then end up in a Hendrick Chevy if Martin does retire after next year or he might end up at in a third Stewart Haas car in 2011. Just watch.

I don't know. He's the only driver in that entire bunch that knows how the drive a race car and win a race.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on September 10, 2009, 05:26:08 PM
Yep, Petty raced in Fords in '69.

Better Ford than Toyota........

BBD

I agree totally.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

maxwellwedge

Doesn't leave many Mopars in Cup....A sad day this is. How long till Penske bolts? I was thinking old man Menard would end up buying the Yates operation - guess not.

Ponch ®

On the other hand, it was pretty sad to see Yates decline over the last few years and now it's basically going to disappear. When I was a kid, long before I became fan or remotely knew anything of either NASCAR or mopars, I used to think the #28 texaco T-bird was the coolest looking car (i used to have a few of the diecasts).

Shakey

If I were a race car driver, I wouldn't care what kind of car I drove - I'd be happy to be competing and getting paid, handsomely I might add, to drive a car for a living!   :yesnod: