News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For those that like SUPER CARS

Started by Blown70, September 09, 2009, 10:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

Well for the show me the size of your bank account

MCLAREN. MP4-12C  Supposed to be the NEW SUPER car out

bearbqd

73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

Rolling_Thunder

nice!   my friend's father is loaded - maybe he'll buy one...     he's still jazzed about his Reventon.

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bull

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on September 09, 2009, 10:55:45 PM
nice!   my friend's father is loaded - maybe he'll buy one...     he's still jazzed about his Reventon.

BFD. Looks like an 09 Countach to me.

Blown70

That looks like a F-22 Raptor on wheels  WOW.... bet that is ride. :2thumbs:

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: bull on September 10, 2009, 12:10:10 AM

that only costs 1,600,000.00      :smilielol:

BrianShaughnessy

Super...  I'll be waiting for something like that  :drool5:

I'll park it next to my Veyron,  Enzo, DB9, Countachs...   :yesnod:

in the basement,  on my slotcar track   ;D
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bull

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on September 10, 2009, 01:49:00 PM

Yea, that makes it cooler. Just think how much good that money could do if the potbellied insecure sweat hogs buying them spent it on someone with actual needs instead of always trying to fill their own sieve of affirmation?

Blown70

Quote from: bull on September 10, 2009, 06:49:22 PM

Yea, that makes it cooler. Just think how much good that money could do if the potbellied insecure sweat hogs buying them spent it on someone with actual needs instead of always trying to fill their own sieve of affirmation?

That was not really needed and not why the thread was started.....

Rolling_Thunder

Yeah - I get your point but hey - the guy made his money and if he wants to spend it on a Lambo then good for him...     and just so it is known he donates about 1/4 of his annual income to various charities...         :2thumbs:

Mr.Woolery

That McClaren looks...well, kinda disappointing.  It looks too normal to be a McClaren supercar.  And with no center seating arrangement for the driver!?  FAIL

I prefer the F1.
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

gtx6970

I personally don't care for either car , But this comment is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of line

beware the sleeper

in the infinite wisdom of dave chappelle "haters gotta hate, lovers gotta love"

bull

I ain't hatin, I'm just statin. Nothing personal toward anyone because I don't know any supercar buyers personally but in general, if someone has self-worth issues they think can be solved by spending gobs of money on themselves then the thing they need most is professional counseling. I don't think there's anything out of line by speaking the truth. If the show fits... If not there's no reason to be offended is there?

beware the sleeper

nah i was actually just arguin that if someone can drool over one, than someone should be able to sneer at it too.

I think your comment was a little bit generalized and should have been formed more as an opinion than a statement, but i was actually arguing against the fact that you where out of line, like you had every right to state your opinion.

bull

Blown70

Bull you have the full right to your opinion.  But, not sure till how that fits to this topic, simple intoduction to a new supercar.  I personally have a decent income, and do some charity work/spending myself.  But I DO WORK MY A*& off and work 6 days per week.  That is my choice,  that being said.  I will do what I want with the money I EARN, and be DAM*& if some internet peronality is going tell me I am a "potbellied insecure sweat hogs"

Now back to the thread.

TylerCharger69

Oh....why can't we all just get along!!!!...Haha.... :nana:

Brock Samson

I noticed too the lack of the third seat in the Mclaren,.. seems like the original had more in your face personality,..

But, this newer one looks pretty clean IMO few of these newer supercars have the classic lines of some of the originals from the '60s and '70s,..
Does the Revington Lambo really cost 1.6 Mill?..  thanks alot of bannanas...
I guess the rich got richer and us poor are getting poorer,.. though it's all relevant and sometimes is hard to put in context...
I once noted that Jay Leno made an awful lot of money for some guy who works 90 minutes a day,.. and someone climbed all up and down my back for it...
I still think a school teacher (or 50) should get that kinda' dough,.. but that's just my opinion.  :shruggy:
If i was to get a supercar my first choice would be the Ferrari Daytona,.. but of the modern ones I think an aston martin one 77 would be pretty sweet...

too many of these cars are flavor of the month rides...
I love the way those aston V-12s sound.... 750 H.P. BTW.
  hear it at 1:47 in the Vid..
               http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwaGBUccq2c
Cost?... a little over 1 Million Pounds British... which is what? Well over $2 Million U.S?

Mr.Woolery

By the way, it isn't exactly a distant leap in logic to apply the same argument to those of us who choose to have a classic Charger...or to anyone who possess any luxury items.  Flawed argument if you ask me.

Brock Samson

that's true and crossed my mind, yet having a $20K charger and another daily aint the same as having a 1.6 million play toy among what would undoubtably be a larger fleet of cars and Lord know what else...  :shruggy:
Thinking further i think that if i had that amount of unlimited spending power for toys I probably want a restored warbird like a P-51, - like that's ever gonna happen..  :lol:

Mr.Woolery

This line of reasoning reminds me of my favorite Winston Churchill anecdote, an encounter with a female socialite at a party:

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price."

In this thread Bull is, in essence, just "haggling about the price".  If his reasoning were correct, we'd all be guilty of being potbellied insecure sweathogs--albeit cheaper ones.  :smilielol:

Please keep in mind that I'm not bringing this up to attack anyone (including Bull).  I'm just saying that if we point fingers at others, we're likely to set ourselves up to have fingers pointed at us.

Blown70

Mr. Woolery.

I happen to agree and understand.  DO I need 5 vehicles?  NO, no certainly, I dont.  But its a matter of fact that if I had 10 billion... I am sure I too would own a supercar, becasue I can, and I would assume, that I GOT the 10 billion honestly.  So then would it make it ok if I gave 2million a year to charities then?

Is that differnt if I make 100,000 and spend 15,000 on a 69 Charger?

BULL, no attack, on you either, hope you are not taking it that way.

PocketThunder

I think Bull is a big douchebag!!   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

I'm offended! I'm not big anymore. :icon_smile_big:

Listen, I'm not trying to say everyone who buys these cars, likes these cars or wants these cars has issues. I'm just saying 1. That the Reventon doesn't look much different than an '85 Countach to me and 2. there are some really screwed up people out there who really do spend millions of dollars on cars, houses, boats, clothes, etc., that would be better spent on professional counseling, or on people who really need it.

As Mr. Woolery (Chuck?) stated, some would not think it's much of a leap between the purchase of a supercar and a classic muscle car, except maybe the $1.2 million price differential. But IMO there is a big difference between someone who buys a muscle car that needs restoration or someone who saves for years to be able to buy the $30,000 Charger he's wanted since high school and some guy who writes a check for $1.6 million so he can look good and get the attention he so desperately wants in front of his golf resort and yacht club. I guess I'm talking about motives.

And yet I do sometimes feel bad for being the guy who's spent $30k on a 68 Charger because that money could have helped more people in need, even some close friends. My wife and I have helped several people out when they've been in financial trouble by paying their missed rent or mortgage payments so they don't get in trouble but I still think I'd like to do more. If nothing else this project has showed me that I can save large amounts of money if I really want to and I really hope it gets over with soon so I can put more money to better use. I'm actually pretty tired of making the reproduction parts people richer, and I'm kind of tired of getting frustrated over stuff that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme. Here I am whining and getting pissed because my paint wasn't done right and my engine hasn't been rebuilt and meanwhile some other 42-year-old guy is crying in the hospital every day because he has a daughter with cancer. Where's the justice in that? Who knows, maybe the Charger itself will help people out somehow/someday and all this blood, sweat and tears will actually be a blessing to someone.

Anyway, sorry for the derailment. All I'm saying is that people should do a self-check once in a while to make sure their motives are relatively pure. Especially before they spend 30 times the average guy's annual salary on a car just so they can feel better about themselves.