News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

383-2bbl from 68 newport

Started by my1st68charger, September 02, 2009, 08:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my1st68charger

I know what you mean,it's hard to dicide what to do.This 383 i have is a great motor and would likly be just fine for what i wanna do,i just wanna drvie the car like my every day driver.BUT once its on the road and looking good and I'm behind the wheel it might be a different story and thats what I'm afraid of,i might wanna let er go and be dissapointed.So then I'll want more power and end up building a engine and putting it in.So I'm at the point right now do i just do it now or later.Then i have the transmission to think about,gotta do it up in order to handle the power.What ever i do I'll surly keep you all posted.  thanks agian all ,for your help

green69rt

Quote from: my1st68charger on September 09, 2009, 09:28:08 PM
I know what you mean,it's hard to dicide what to do.This 383 i have is a great motor and would likly be just fine for what i wanna do,i just wanna drvie the car like my every day driver.BUT once its on the road and looking good and I'm behind the wheel it might be a different story and thats what I'm afraid of,i might wanna let er go and be dissapointed.So then I'll want more power and end up building a engine and putting it in.So I'm at the point right now do i just do it now or later.Then i have the transmission to think about,gotta do it up in order to handle the power.What ever i do I'll surly keep you all posted.  thanks agian all ,for your help

Final thought before you go thru the process of building a new motor out of an old engine, think about finding a existing 383 4bbl engine that you can swap right in or since we're going down this road how about a rebuilt 440.  That should be a direct swap and no other changes required!!! 

Final question.... what's you budget?  It it's several thousand dollars you might want to look at someone like Diamondback motors.  One swap and you're done!!