News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Super sport motors

Started by rooroo, September 02, 2009, 05:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooroo

Anyone familiar with Super Sport Motors in Carson City, Nevada? It is owned by gentleman with last name of godec.  I have a deposit on a 69 charger and contracted an inspector to look it over. The inspector called and confirmed the appointment including road test but when he arrived there was a car on consignment parked in front of the charger and the keys were with the owner. Obviously it couldn't be road tested and the whole thing sounds a little fishy. I am going to see if the inspector can go back out for a nominal fee and road test. I would rather lose my deposit than buy a car that hasn't been driven. You can listen to the motor but have no idea how the tranny shifts and other issues. Would appreciate any feedback.

68X426

The Better Business Bureau gives them an A+ rating. Which probably means absolutely zero, but it appears they have no complaints with BBB.

Their website makes the lot look clean and easily accessed. So, a car parked in the wrong place? No keys? Sounds like they aren't exactly smart business people. Fishy? Maybe just lazy and/or stupid  sellers.

IMO: One more try to inspect, if that fails, then I'd say to contact the local DA (Neil Rombardo, Carson City District Attorney) for help in getting back the deposit. Link:

http://www.carson-city.nv.us/Index.aspx?page=211

Hopefully it all goes well and you get the Charger.  :yesnod:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

rooroo

Thanks! The charger was parked inside their showroom and the entrance was blocked. The inspector is going to stop by again tomorrow and I already emailed the seller to let him know the road test is a must. The inspector reported the car was idling very rough which is a concern for me. Body wise the car looks very good with no bondo issues so that is a real plus. Hopefully it truly was just a mistake and we can get back on track.

68charger383

If this is the car, they have had it in that show room for at least a year, if not two. That might explain the rough idling.

They just droped the price down from $48K to $35K. Seems like a nice buy.

http://reno.craigslist.org/ctd/1325000205.html
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

rooroo

That's the one! It has a large cam in it so they may also account for the rough idle. What do you know about these folks? I am starting to get a little more nervous. When the inspector went out the owner said he didn't know where the engine code was. This was after reciting it to me over the phone a week earlier. Seems like something you wouldn't forget.

Cooter

Numbers matching engine/trans...Hmmmm, I didn't know the Charger had a SIX PACK in 1969?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Troy

Quote from: Cooter on September 05, 2009, 09:10:59 AM
Numbers matching engine/trans...Hmmmm, I didn't know the Charger had a SIX PACK in 1969?
The intake has nothing to do with whether the engine is numbers matching. Although, the ad says "completely restored" which debatable. That doesn't look like an original color either (although I could be wrong).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Yikes! I can't even see the car for the yellow paint. :o Tone it down.

mauve66

sorry, if they have a car on consignment then they are supposed to be selling it, they should have the keys, especially since you told them the inspector would be coming by ahead of time
if they don't let him inspect it then they can't have a non-refundable deposit

seems like their lot has alot of old crappy cars for sale like a regular used car lot, not someone normally having quality merchandise and knowing their merchandise either
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

charge-it

Incorrect color, wrong wheels, and the worst thing of all is a seller that tells you one thing on the phone and can't tell your inspector the same thing. He seems like he is playing dumb and being very un-cooperative. If I were in your shoes I would be demanding that my deposit be refunded immediately. That's my opinion.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

rooroo

The inspector went back and was able to road test the car. He said it ran very well and that he was very impressed with the body and documentation of the car. On a scale of 1 to 10 he gave it an 8 or 9. The appraisal, which actually used a grade lower than the car came in at, was 5k more than what I would be paying. I feel a lot better about the car than I did. They disclosed that the 6 pack was an aftermarket so that was no surprise. The engine is the one that came with the car. I know the color is actually from a super bee from that year and was also used on 1970 chargers but not sure it offsets what else the car offers. Matching numbers, r/t se with factory power windows and front disc brakes. At a maximum the car was one of 740 produced and might be even more rare with some of the other options. How many could be left that also have a matching engine? Engine and trans were rebuilt a 1000 miles ago. Car was originally a california title ( they still have the original title and tags). The cheapest I have seen a comparable car was 7k more than what I would be paying and that didn't have the options nor matching engine. 

mauve66

glad it worked out for ya, maybe they were just good ol boys and not good business men???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

rooroo

By the way, what makes the wheels incorrect? I have seen a few chargers with these wheels (see pics). Is it the because they are painted or were these not the correct type for an r/t se?

Daytona R/T SE

The rallye wheels didn't come out until 1970.

They didn't exist when that yellow thing was built.

The center caps are even more far out, they are from a 1972 or newer.

model maker

I am very familiar with this car, I have sat in it, and been on the road with it when they had to turn back because of problems. I have extensive pictures of this car inside, outside, underneath the dash :o, before you buy, we need to talk !!!!!!! the car does have some problems i witnessed in august.
Bert
MODEL MAKER

model maker

What did your inspector find ? It is sunday sept.6 i live close by the car. Pm me and i can tell you some things mechanical about the car.
Bert
MODEL MAKER

model maker

RooRoo, I sent you a PM !
bert
MODEL MAKER

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

model maker

I don't think the car has been "completly" restored as described, from what I have seen & taken pictures  in areas  where people don't really look. I hope he doesn't buy it yet, until i can pass on what I know.
MODEL MAKER

rooroo

Bert, I sent you a pm and email. Give me a call when you can. I am anxious to hear the issues with the car.

model maker

I just came online & saw your mesg. i will call you asap.it is 220 pm
Bert
MODEL MAKER

model maker

I enjoyed our phone conversation. I am happy the pictures i sent of the car are helpful. I couldn't get them to post on the forum since they were posted there a long time ago.
Bert
MODEL MAKER

rooroo

I enjoyed it as well Bert. Thank you for taking the time and effort. I am glad you were able to confirm what the inspector thought of the body and that you noticed some items that he didn't. The pics were great. Ive looked at the under the dash ones to a great extent and it does look to be mostly surface rust. No question it should have been done with the rest of the car but something fixable none the less. I have to recheck my inspection report because I believe the radiator support had the correct number on it so if it was in fact in an accident it couldn't have been too severe. Thanks again.

model maker

I am glad to have been able to help.
Bert
MODEL MAKER

model maker

Rick, i HAVE BEEN OFFLINE since last night . I was able to read your e mail & then off line all day until now. 5 PM west coast time on saturday. You were right !!!!!! I will call you in a minute & let you know waht i found out. The car is gone ! It was shipped out to amsterdam this morning by boat with 9 other cars the guy bought. This car had more problems than we thought ! the owner of super sport motors spilled the beans on this mess of a car. I don't know if you are home but i will try to call you .
Bert
---- Rick Scott <rooroo@ptd.net> wrote:

=============
Bert,
I have a big favor to ask of you. I was making final arrangements on the charger when the guy emailed me and said the compressor on the air locked up and started a fire. I would like to take him at his word but this seems awfully suspicious. If you are headed that way soon could you possibly take a ride by and verify? I have a feeling the car may have been sold to someone else.
MODEL MAKER