News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Proper installation of rubber shield???

Started by CornDogsCharger, September 16, 2009, 09:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

I was wondering if someone could post a few pictures of how this piece should properly be installed.  I am talking about the thin rubber shield that is clipped between the nose and lower radiator support on Superbirds.  This piece is about 3 feet long and less than a foot wide.  This piece is held in place with the same clips that are used to hold the speedometer in place to the frame rail.  There is also a square rubber shield that appears to slip over the support bar that mounts to the lower radiator support and K-frame.  Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Aero426

I have an original shield, but it's been off the car for 37 years.   It's the first thing to come off when you change your oil. 

maxwellwedge

If you are getting your oil changed always make sure your rubber is in place!  ::)

I have all the rubber shields in place on my Bird - I'll see if I can get a pic for you.
You are 100% correct about them using speedo cable clips.

62 Max

Here you go.

CornDogsCharger

Awesome!  That is exactly what I was looking for.  I tried to figure it out myself but couldn't ever get it just right.  I would have guessed that it was installed hanging below the K-frame..... guess that's why I couldn't figure it out.  Thanks again!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

Does it only use two clips on either side?  Seems like I might have found at least one clip remaining on the K-frame.  Thanks again.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

62 Max

Quote from: CornDogsCharger on September 17, 2009, 07:21:06 PM
Does it only use two clips on either side?  Seems like I might have found at least one clip remaining on the K-frame.  Thanks again.

Justin
"CornDog"

Two per side,mine had original seal still on car when I bought it in 82.Made new one out of 1/8" cord impregnated sheet rubber.Actuall,I made all seals out of same.They will last forever..