News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to keep my car safe over winter

Started by hs1973, September 07, 2009, 12:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hs1973

how do i go about keeping my car safe and maintaining it during winter so it will be ready for summer. im thinking how to preserve it the best. it is in a garage with some heat on. do you guys put it on jack satnds or just shift positions on the tires ones in a while. should i start her up from time to time or leave it alone anything you might think off i apriciated. ;).i just want to make sure shes ok whén spring is here again.

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

tecmopar

The best way by FAR would be to just ship it down here to me in sunny Florida and I'll keep it nice and warm for you, plus I promise I won't drive it around, well, maybe just a little. Good idea, right.

Tom C

1969chargerrtse

I've had a good 50 plus Muscle cars over my life time, I never did anything out of starting once or twice a winter and that was that.  Never had any issues but keep in mind my winters in the North East of the US would be about Dec to March.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Arigmaster

You may also want to get a couple boxes of Bounce Dryer Sheets. That isd if you will be storing it in an out building,barn, or somewhere where there is a rodent presence. They hate that stuff. Put them on the ground under the car and in the trunk and interior floor. We use it for boats, cars, and BTS systems and it works great to keep the little buggers out.

hs1973

Quote from: tecmopar on September 07, 2009, 06:00:06 AM
The best way by FAR would be to just ship it down here to me in sunny Florida and I'll keep it nice and warm for you, plus I promise I won't drive it around, well, maybe just a little. Good idea, right.

Tom C
damn ill put my self in the trunk and ship the car to you, i wouldent mind spending winter i florida. ive benn there a couple of times as an exhange student 20 years ago for about a year and a half, ive got many memories from my time there. i lived in deland with a nice famely they had a 1971 olds cutlass i used to drive around that was when i was 17. i remeber they thought it was way to big and old to drive and i thought they were crazy just letting it sit. so i cleaned it up and drove it hvile i was there. ive havent been back since 1993. but i always wanted to take a holiday sometime and se all my old friends.

hs1973

ill start her ones i a while and keep her dry and warm then and buy something to keep the mice away if one should get in.thanks for all the replyes. henrik copenhagen denmark