News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Zinc anode radiator cap for aluminum radiators

Started by General_01, September 04, 2009, 10:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

Anyone know where you can get one of these? I found the ones at Summit and Jegs that you put in a 1/4 NPT, but I am looking for the radiator caps with the anode.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

elacruze

Just because the subject has come up; one thing I _always_ do with every vehicle I own is use a digital multimeter to check the ground loop between the coolant and the negative battery post. You should have none! Especially with aluminum parts. A ground loop in the coolant will quickly erode any aluminum and even worse, brass parts you have in the system. (thermostats and sensors) An anode is a good idea in any case, but if the engine/frame/radiator/battery/alternator are all properly grounded to each other you will have no loop. Also, test for AC voltage across the battery terminals to verify alternator diode function.

Eric
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

A383Wing

Quote from: General_01 on September 04, 2009, 10:22:34 PM
Anyone know where you can get one of these? I found the ones at Summit and Jegs that you put in a 1/4 NPT, but I am looking for the radiator caps with the anode.

Check with a Marine-Boating store....they my be able to help....we had a company up here that had them....but they are gone.....

They were about $25 I think

elacruze

Don't know about the fitment-but i'll be looking into it myself pretty quick. Electrically speaking, I think I'd be more comfortable with an anode attached directly to the radiator, or engine block which screws in. I suppose they've researched it, though.

Roe Racing;

http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=117&idproduct=70
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

A383Wing

Most Marine shops carry the screw in styles...1/4" to 1/2" pipe thread ones are the most common

General_01

Thanks guys. I talked to my cousin and he found them in his Dearborn catalog also.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed