News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

oil pan issue and gas coming through tailpipe

Started by rooroo, September 07, 2009, 05:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooroo

Hello all. Couple of questions. Looking at a 69 charger with 440 in it. The oil pan is a high capacity that hangs a little too low for my comfort level. Are you able to change it on the charger without needing to pull the engine? I want to make sure it isn't going to be an expensive job. Also the car has an aftermarket 6 pack carb config on it and was pushing gas through the tailpipes at one point and was also stalling out. They seemed to have adjusted it as it does not push gas now and does run without stalling but the car still idles very rough, especially when the trans is engaged at idle. The car also has a larger cam but does this sound like a carb issue? I have heard the 6 pack can be a little tricky to dial in. Thanks. 

62 Max

Oil pan is no problem,just disconnect one side of the center link an move it aside.As for the other problem I would guess the carbs are way out of adjustment or messed up.Still not an issure if it's a good car priced right.