News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How long do you believe classic Chargers will be around before they vanish?

Started by Sabre, September 04, 2009, 02:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Armudster

Quote from: mauve66 on September 05, 2009, 12:25:30 PM
Dec 21, 2012

Yep, I think that will be it, not sure what's gonna happen, but something really big is supposed to happen this day!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Charger440RDN

Muscle cars & classic cars are not going anywhere, too many "important" people own them, even people in congress. Just look at the list of people in congress and the senate that belong to the SEMA action network  :Twocents:

mauve66

Quote from: Charger440RDN on September 05, 2009, 12:52:31 PM
Muscle cars & classic cars are not going anywhere, too many important people own them.  :Twocents:

but those people can pay the $5000 fee to register them for road use, the rest of us can't
then they will be in an even MORE exclusive club than they are now, and they will definitely like that ...............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Charger440RDN

Just to give you an example when they passed the Cash for clunkers crap, SEMA prevented the environmental psychos in congress from including classic cars so the year was moved up to 1984 and newer for eligible cars. No muscle cars were affected by cash for clunkers and many people in congress and the senate belong to SEMA.

41husk

I would doubt they will be gone totaly any time soon, but I can see it becoming much harder to enjoy them.  Limited sites to purchase fuel and prices, well who knows what it will cost to operate. 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

cpthowdy1369

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

jaak

They'll always be around.....heck all ours will go back out into circulation after we die.

Jason

Silver R/T

Quote from: SFRT on September 04, 2009, 02:29:07 PM
I'm sure that within 25 years it wil be illegal to drive them on public roads..so they will end up in museums....

why is that? that would be like taking away our guns....unconstitutional. If nothing happens it will be just passed onto the next generation
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

440charger68

haha 2012 long as my car is done before then im ready for it haha  :2thumbs:
life's a garden, dig it.

charge-it

They (big brother) will not outlaw our old cars, they (big brother) will just not make the fuel they need to run on anymore...
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Mike DC

We're a strange culture.  Half the voting public believes that Big Brother is in cahoots with the oil/coal industries to bankrupt us by keeping us addicted to fossil fuels.  While the other half simultaneously believes that the govt is in bed with the evil greenies who wanna bankrupt us by reducing our carbon footprint. 

These two ideas are literally complete opposites. 

The only thing we all seem to agree on is that Big Brother is in cahoots with somebody to keep us bankrupt & controlled. 

Tilar

Probably both since the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing at any one time.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

G-man

Not in any of your/our life times. So nothing to worry about.

Besides as someone said. Jesus will be here before any of that takes place anyway.

beware the sleeper

Quote from: Tilar on September 05, 2009, 12:14:02 PM
Quote from: bearbqd on September 04, 2009, 08:45:04 PM
I think Jesus will come back first......seriously.

I hope you're right.

i hope he comes back in a charger, I mean if you where him, what else would you show up in really?

mauve66

uuummm, riding a donkey maybe??? for him it would be a nostalgia thing like cars are for us!!!!
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

The70RT

They will vanish when planes stop burning fuel..................be ready to adapt to jet fuel in about 20 years  :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

How long do you believe classic Chargers will be around before they vanish?
Until they vanish, silly.  :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

68X426

Quote from: mauve66 on September 05, 2009, 09:29:59 PM
uuummm, riding a donkey maybe??? for him it would be a nostalgia thing like cars are for us!!!!

Brilliant observation!

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

aussiemuscle

Those worried about us running out of petroleum, if peak oil ran out today, they'd have enough 'other' sources (eg shale oil) to produce fuel for another 100 years. whether you can afford it or not is the question. of course, we can always make our own 'ethanol'. just don't let em catch ya.