News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood turn indicators...

Started by danmc77, September 04, 2009, 01:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danmc77

For those of you who have them, are the bulbs illuminated when the lights are on (either in "park" mode or headlights "on."), or do they only illuminate to blink?  

meaning...  is there light coming from them if they are not actually blinking?

Nacho-RT74

68s front parking lights are turned off when headlights are on

since 69, the front parking lights kep ON when you turn on headlights

In all cases when turning lights or hazzards are working, they blink with the high power ( brighter ) filament of both they have, no matter if parking lights are off or on
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

danmc77

Well, specifically what I'm looking for is a way to power aftermarker turn signals without them being illuminated when the lights are on.  I only want to see them blink.  So I have to figure out what wires I need to tap into to get the turn signal, but not the marker light function. 

There are 2 wires going to each of the front valance lights on the 68 - can I tap into one of theose to just provide the "blink" signal and not the "parking light" power?

Ghoste

If you are talking about the HOOD mounted indicators, they only illuminate to blink when the turn signal is activated.  The rest of the time they are off.

danmc77

Ok, since the bulbs have 2 filiments, I think I understand how it works...

The one filiment is the "parking light" and is powered by a black wire w/ yellow tracer - that turns off when the heads are switched on.  

The other filiment is the "turn signal" and is controlled by the other wire - either blk w/green tracer or w/tan tracer.  

So if I just hook the blk w/ tan and green tracers to my new signal lights, they will just blink when in use, right?

danmc77

Quote from: Ghoste on September 04, 2009, 01:29:01 PM
If you are talking about the HOOD mounted indicators, they only illuminate to blink when the turn signal is activated.  The rest of the time they are off.
Yeah, I originally was asking about the hood indicators, but it serves the same purpose.  Thanks!!

TylerCharger69

I've also learned that when a bulb goes out  (the blinking filament) the light illuminates to indicate a defective bulb!!!  That's a handy visual to have!!  I learned that by accident

RAWPWR

your wiring harness in the fire wall should have the connector for the hood signal lights. ground is the hood and the connector has two wires..I think it's by the bulkhead connector
68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota

TylerCharger69

yep...around the brake booster area :2thumbs: