News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Charger as a tool of natural selection

Started by Ghoste, September 04, 2009, 01:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Got a call from a buddy today about an accident last night.  I last him after we had been out for a little cruise and he turned to go home and I went straight for my house.  As it turns out shortly after I last saw him, an oncoming driver began gawking at his R4 69 Charger RT as they approached each other.  Apparently said gawker maintained his stare as my buddy passed and drove his vehicle into a parked car.  My buddy, partially witnessing the accident went back to make sure the guy was okay and stayed around until the police arrived.
The natural selection part happened when the smake Charger-gawking dude then explained to the cop (very angrily so I'm told) that the accident was all my buddy's fault for driving a car like that because if he wasn't, then gawking dude wouldn't have been staring at him and would have seen the parked car.  The cop laughed and told my buddy to go on home.
The moral of the story is that by driving your Charger as often as possible, you may be helping stupid people to help themselves off of our highways.  :cheers:

Blown70

Quote from: Ghoste on September 04, 2009, 01:35:50 PM
story is that by driving your Charger as often as possible, you may be helping stupid people to help themselves off of our highways.  :cheers:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Dans 68

...a Darwinian accident.... :icon_smile_big:

And he "Angrily" told the cop that it wasn't his fault? Idiot....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Ghoste

Yeah, I pretty much figure that it doesn't matter what the excuse is that's coming after.  Anytime you "angrily" tell something to the police you have nothing but a steep uphill climb from there.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Dans 68 on September 04, 2009, 01:57:18 PM
...a Darwinian accident.... :icon_smile_big:

And he "Angrily" told the cop that it wasn't his fault? Idiot....

Dan

remeber the new society we have today, its never "your own fault for your actions" always blame someone else!   ;D
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Silver R/T

That is hilarious, I hope guy was joking cause if not he's moron
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bigred68

PHEWW!! I thought this was gonna be a thread about another guy like that "Jansport" CEO and have pics of another wrecked up Charger for the sake of too many beers and too much horsepower, (and too little brains). I had my old Viper Yellow Harley parked near an intersection at a friends house one day when a car with a couple young guys in it drove by checkin out the Sporty promptly ran the red light and crashed into a minivan goin through the intersection on the green. After the cops got there we cold hear the young guys sayin "Man we were checkin out the Harley and didn't relize the light had turned".
:cheers:

danmc77

Similar thing happened to me one time - I was driving my 69 Superbee and some kid drove by me in his Daddy's restored Mustang (pretty nice car).  He was with a few of his friends, and as they passed, they all had their heads turned looking at my car - including the driver.  Too bad a guy in front of him came to a stop so he could make a left turn.  The kid in the mustang rear-ended the other car at about 35-40 mph.  Needless to say the mustang was no more.  I turned around to make sure everybody was alright, and all I could hear the kid say was "my dad's car!!!"  I felt real bad for his Dad - probably put as much time as we all do into the thing to have his teen crack it up.  

Old Moparz

Must have been related to the moron I saw changing his tire in the middle of a very busy intersection. The asshole had traffic backed up all 4 ways as people tried to figure out which way they were going to go to get around him.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Landonsrt

Quote from: Ghoste on September 04, 2009, 01:35:50 PM
Got a call from a buddy today about an accident last night.  I last him after we had been out for a little cruise and he turned to go home and I went straight for my house.  As it turns out shortly after I last saw him, an oncoming driver began gawking at his R4 69 Charger RT as they approached each other.  Apparently said gawker maintained his stare as my buddy passed and drove his vehicle into a parked car.  My buddy, partially witnessing the accident went back to make sure the guy was okay and stayed around until the police arrived.
The natural selection part happened when the smake Charger-gawking dude then explained to the cop (very angrily so I'm told) that the accident was all my buddy's fault for driving a car like that because if he wasn't, then gawking dude wouldn't have been staring at him and would have seen the parked car.  The cop laughed and told my buddy to go on home.
The moral of the story is that by driving your Charger as often as possible, you may be helping stupid people to help themselves off of our highways.  :cheers:

Too bad there was no video. I think that would be a "Here's your sign award!"

TylerCharger69

Another assclown trying to play the "distraction" card....."Dude!!!  Put down that cell phone and drive!!!"  Now....THERE'S a distraction!!

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 04, 2009, 03:03:34 PM
Another assclown trying to play the "distraction" card....."Dude!!!  Put down that cell phone and drive!!!"  Now....THERE'S a distraction!!

Amen to that!!!!!

BBD

resq302

That was like my incident yesterday.  Pulled the charger out to clean it up for the Musclepalooza show that Hemmings is putting on this weekend and a landscaper went past my house, started gawking at my car and almost went into the ditch on the right side of the road.  Remember people..... keep it BETWEEN the ditches.    :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1969chargerrtse

A while back I was talking to someone in his driveway while he sat idling in his car.  I Never really cared for the guy, but when we were done I said, See ya later and he nailed the gas in his driveway and drove straight into a tree in the yard.  I felt bad, but not to bad as he was annoying as all get out to me.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Samson

reminds me of the time when i was a kid,.. back in the late '70s and from a streetcar i saw a tweedcap type stuff his B.R.G. convertable XKEs' nose under a trucks hinney gawkin sideways at a smokin blonde, the look on his face as he realized what he had just done I will never forget...

Mike DC

I once saw a jogger turn around to look at a girl's ass going by, and he literally clotheslined himself right into a roadsign as he turned back.  I was laughing so hard I almost wrecked my own car.