News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Im a sinner..... Got a new toy.

Started by Khyron, September 04, 2009, 09:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

No, it will not be replacing my time or money with my Charger. but I always wanted a old "skool" rat rod. i was offered a car for free and took it. It's a 1950 Chevy 2 door on what appears to be a 80's montie Carlo chassis. it's has a link rear end and disk breaks. and get it, it runs. 305 or 350 in it, haven't had time to verify.

The body wasn't fully put on the frame yet, or at least correctly, so I will be custom making for body mounts and digging in, With the Charger closser and closser to being right where I want it, I need something to tear apart with a wrench ;)

I want, primer black, weld marks, old school, cigs rolled in my white t-shirt rat rod!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

mauve66

perfect application for a blown hemi.................................... :popcrn: :popcrn:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bigred68

AWSOME!!  :2thumbs: Hey Khyron, I gotta wonder did you just put one heck of a dent on a savings account? or, win the Power Ball? I like your new cold liquid refreshment, BEEER!! holder too! :2thumbs:
(put a moper engine in the rat!!)
:cheers:

Khyron

:lol: no power ball, the Chevy was given to me.... and the soda machine was $20 in gas to get it to my house...

hmmm, mopar motor in the Chevy.... i really REALLY like that idea...... but.... I want this to be a true junk yard dawg! In my head, I always wanted to be able to go to a swap meet and go.... damn, this would look good on the car, and just find a place to put it... One I get the body mounted right, I'll decide where to go with the motor....

but 1 thing is a must..

20 foot flame throwers out the rear exhaust baby!!!!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

wayfast1500

The nice thing about chevys is their real cheap to build.  I had my 350 making around 425 horse and I built the car for about 1,000 including buying the 350.  I had a 350 punched .030 over, lunati cam, edelbrock intake, converted the fuel injection to carb, holley double pumper, centerforce clutch, b&m shifter, msd ignition with advance curve kit in the dist.  Few other parts I cant remeber.

Silver R/T

Nice project, I wish I had time/money for one
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

400/6/PAC

I love Ratrods.
Some people have really wild imaginations.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Looks like a fun project.

Just don't stick a bunch of money into it, because resale value on these is almost nothing.

I bought a 51 Chevy four door a few years ago from a guy I worked with for $100.

I thought I could flip it real quick on e-bay and make a fast couple hundred.

With a reserve of $300-no takers.

I finally sold it to some local inbred-I was damned glad to get my $100 back...of course I had to let him make payments on the $100

Six months later it was all his.

Said he was so glad he had an old car to "Drive"

Last I heard it was still stuck in the barn covered in bird shit.

Here's a picture of it:

Charger440RDN

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 04, 2009, 03:04:02 PM

Just don't stick a bunch of money into it, because resale value on these is almost nothing.

I bought a 51 Chevy four door a few years ago from a guy I worked with for $100.

I finally sold it to some local inbred-I was damned glad to get my $100 back...of course I had to let him make payments on the $100

Here's a picture of it:

Make payments on the $100 ??!!?  :rofl: That is priceless  :lol: :smilielol:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Charger440RDN on September 04, 2009, 04:22:17 PM

Here's a picture of it:

Make payments on the $100 ??!!?  :rofl: That is priceless  :lol: :smilielol:

Yep! He had to make payments on the $100  :shruggy:

I didn't know I offered an interest free finance plan on a 50+ year old car  :shruggy:

I'm just glad it's gone.

Khyron

Here's a picture of it:

I hear ya, the sole purpose of this thing is to see what I can do with no budget and junk yard / swap meet parts... it already runs and moves, it also even stops under it's own power, so the hard part is already done ;)

being on a updated frame and suspention helps eliminate the cost of old chevy parts and upgrades...

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

LoneStar Mopar

Sweet project! I love anything 50s chevy. Got a 55 bel air and a 56 chevy truck myself. You sure can't beat the price you paid for it.

Khyron

Quote from: 41husk on September 05, 2009, 01:40:27 PM
Kyron, hows the moter home comming?

Motor home is fantastic, I've been doing little bits of this and that and have gone camping now about 3 times with her. I need to re caulk a few spots and clean up the roof some. I'm doing that tommorow :) and I want to redo the bathroom inn it. but she's running great :)

Thanks for asking  :2thumbs:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

well, I've pulled it out the weeds and started with some work. New brake lines, got her started however I need to rebuild the carb. After that new calipers and some odds and ends. then to get teh body attacked right :)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

I needed to clean it a bit.... here is what it looked like LOL

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Tilar

Man that looks like a fun project! And best of all, Chevy parts are cheap.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

PocketThunder

i like the gas tank in the engine bay..   :rofl:   :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

aussiemuscle

really? in AUS, down here i see them go for 3-6,000$ in that condition. even the locally built FJ holdens go for that.

Khyron

Quote from: aussiemuscle on September 29, 2009, 06:03:37 PM
really? in AUS, down here i see them go for 3-6,000$ in that condition. even the locally built FJ holdens go for that.

I'll ship :-D

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 29, 2009, 04:33:45 PM
i like the gas tank in the engine bay..   :rofl:   :rofl:

you should see it now. just to move it around I have a fuel cell on th epassanger seat with a long hose :lol:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

squeakfinder

Quote from: Khyron on September 29, 2009, 08:45:31 PM
Quote from: aussiemuscle on September 29, 2009, 06:03:37 PM

I'll ship :-D

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 29, 2009, 04:33:45 PM
i like the gas tank in the engine bay..   :rofl:   :rofl:

you should see it now. just to move it around I have a fuel cell on th epassanger seat with a long hose :lol:

In keeping up with the Rat Rod theme maybee you should keep the passenger seat fuel tank  :icon_smile_big:

Just kidding, I would a had a hard time passing up a deal like that.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

green69rt

Quote from: Khyron on September 04, 2009, 09:28:40 AM
No, it will not be replacing my time or money with my Charger. but I always wanted a old "skool" rat rod. i was offered a car for free and took it. It's a 1950 Chevy 2 door on what appears to be a 80's montie Carlo chassis. it's has a link rear end and disk breaks. and get it, it runs. 305 or 350 in it, haven't had time to verify.

The body wasn't fully put on the frame yet, or at least correctly, so I will be custom making for body mounts and digging in, With the Charger closser and closser to being right where I want it, I need something to tear apart with a wrench ;)

I want, primer black, weld marks, old school, cigs rolled in my white t-shirt rat rod!

Ahhhh. now we're back to old school hot rodding!!  Do what you want.  Make it sweet and make it cool, don't worry about handling too much.  You can have a 2800lb body with a 400hp moter that will beat up most of the kids on the street.  What a great project!!!