News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How can I tell what Cam I have?

Started by russg, August 11, 2009, 10:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russg

I purchased the car with some mods already done, the guy I bought it from said he thought previous owner put a hotter cam in it, it does have a good lope at idle and with a 383, headman headers and holley carb I tend to think it has been done as well.  
73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

firefighter3931

There should be a stamped grind number on the end of the cam.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

russg

So how much work is required to be able to view the end of the cam to find out what I have? 
73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

c00nhunterjoe

you have to physicly remove it from the engine

frederick

I don't think you have to remove the cam, as the number is usually stamped at the other end.
So you only have to take the water pump,timing cover and timing gear off the see the number.

Frederick

400/6/PAC

Quote from: frederick on September 04, 2009, 05:34:10 AM
I don't think you have to remove the cam, as the number is usually stamped at the other end.
So you only have to take the water pump,timing cover and timing gear off the see the number.

Frederick
Yes
I just did mine.
When You get the timing chane cover off, You should be able to see the #s on the front of the cam without having to pull it.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: frederick on September 04, 2009, 05:34:10 AM

Frederick

And the harmonic balancer. Are you happy with the performance? If you are - don't worry about it  :2thumbs: