News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what's your daily driver??

Started by 73-charger-383, November 24, 2005, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctor4766

Quote from: Laxy on September 06, 2010, 08:47:58 PM
Some awesome Mopar daily drivers on here, if new Dodge Challengers or any year Dodge trucks were in plentiful in supply here in Oz I would have one in a flash. But instead I love daily driving Valiants, this 71 VH Hardtop 265 hemi/4-speed has been my daily since I was 17 in 1999. Bit worse for wear these days but still going strong.

Yep, and looks tough as hey Laxy
Gotta love a '69

Laxy

Cheers doc, yep I can still stare at it for hours, I think I have an unhealthy obsession with widened steelies  :icon_smile_big:
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

BLACKWOLF

LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

MoparMotel

My daily driver was a 2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Diesel but with diesel prices and maintenance costs I decided to park the Duramax and only use it when I needed to haul or pull something. I bought a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 6 cylinder with a 5 speed manual and absolutely love it. This jeep is small and easy to drive around town and fits in any parking spot compared to the truck (truck is a crew cab 6.5ft bed with a 6" lift on 35's). Anybody else own a jeep wrangler as there everyday driver?
1968 Dodge Charger

Dino

I'll take the 69 Charger when I don't have late night classes after work (students can't park well) or if it's icy or snowy out there. 

Regular daily is a 2010 Honda Accord EX-L sedan, black with tan interior, very nice trouble free car.

Wife drives a 2003 Honda CR-V and a 2002 Trans Am WS6 ram air.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Laxy on September 06, 2010, 08:47:58 PM
Some awesome Mopar daily drivers on h :drool5:ere, if new Dodge Challengers or any year Dodge trucks were in plentiful in supply here in Oz I would have one in a flash. But instead I love daily driving Valiants, this 71 VH Hardtop 265 hemi/4-speed has been my daily since I was 17 in 1999. Bit worse for wear these days but still going strong.

Way cool, dig this little white rod you got...... very nice.  :drool5:  I think, I need to put one of those on my bucket list... :yesnod:

Road Dog

My new daily driver
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

F8-4life

My daily is a '72 Dart swinger. Its my only runner so it gets drivin whether it likes it or not. Although I'm not looking forward to driving it through the winter with the ohio sludge and all...

Charger_Dart

68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

This has been my daily driver and first car I bought in Australia. I havn't driven this particular car in about 6 months but my current one is exactly the same model but white... And I still own the blue one.

Fred

This is my daily driver, I've had it since new and it hasn't let me down yet. (hope I'm not speaking to soon)

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Chryco Psycho

I guess I need to resize a picture
anyway it is a 06 Ram 2500 SLT cummins 6 spd long box , champagne color

69bronzeT5

2005 Magnum R/T 5.7L Hemi. Loaded with all the options......NAV, 6 CD changer, cruise, A/C, dual climate controls, power heated leather seats, Boston premium sound system, SRT8 wheels... :cheers:

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Laxy

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on October 12, 2011, 12:54:12 PM

Way cool, dig this little white rod you got...... very nice.  :drool5:  I think, I need to put one of those on my bucket list... :yesnod:

Cheers mate, yeah these models are my personal favorite of the Aussie Valiants, a bit more 'American Mopar' than the others. They are reasonably rare but if you did actually try to find one in the future, there's generally at least 5-10 late model hardtops advertised at any given time over here.

And love the Bronco and LTD daily drivers above... super cool!!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

Fred

Quote from: Road Dog on October 12, 2011, 12:55:17 PM
My new daily driver

Green with envy.............love to own one of those but sadly there aren't that many over here. The few that are cost a bundle (outragous). The fact that they come over left hand drive and need to be converted to RHD also adds to the cost. I guess you can't have everything!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

NGC414

I just bought this Monday as my new daily driver. 07 Jeep SRT8.

Stretch

Up untill 5 years ago it was a '98 ram 4x4. Still have it and love it. All 180,000 miles of it. Gas went stupid and I bought a '97 2 cam, 2 door, neon for $500.00. I have 200,000 miles on that little hummer now. Still love it My wife drives a 2000 Buick La Sabre.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

RallyeMike

2008 KLR. Ride to work 9 out of 10 days through the year.

Otherwise a plain jane white 05 Hemi Ram with rubber mats, manual windows, and overload bags. Just the way I like it: Big engine, no frills, and a sure grip.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

elanmars

up until a month ago. currently on the search for my next one.

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

472 R/T SE

NGC414, that's what I really wanted but there were none to be found that didn't cost a bunch unless they were high miles.  From what I've heard, those are bad ass rides.   :2thumbs:
Buying through the dealership we were able to get the extended service contract & after 3 years I'll know if we have a lemon & need to dump or keep.

This was my wife's until about a month ago.  Our 1st rig we bought new & kept long enough to pay off.  First year back for the Hemi, '03 Sport 2wd.  It only had 47k miles.
Insurance said we got 30% more than market value simply due to condition & low miles.

Girls were OK, just real sore.  Truck doesn't look bad, but both air bags went off & the frame rails in front of the suspension were @ 90 degree angles.  The front of the truck is 1' to the driver's side.

So we took the pay off & bought this.  Initially it was suppose to be mine but the wife ended up with it.  Just as well, she don't drive much vs. me & the 7.9 mpg in the city gets is a little spendy.

When she finishes school & gets this new high paying job she keeps talking about, I get the truck & another hot rod to replace the not yet sold 'cuda & she'll buy whatever she wants.

Charger-Bodie

Awesome truck Mike!! If that ever get totalled you can transplant the drivetrain into some A-body or something.  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

charger490

my daily driver 2006  nissan frontier v6 4wd 

ChgrSteve67

Picked it up a few months ago
Averaging 21-22mpg in town and 26.5mpg highway.

So far I have added the following
*Trailer Hitch and wiring + bike rack
*Mud Flaps
*Ambient Lighting
*Tinted rear windows
*UV film Driver and Passenger windows

My next upgrade
*Homelink system (garage door opener) in the roof console

Unfortunately no one makes a Cold Air Intake for it yet.

-Steve

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 15, 2011, 08:01:08 AM
Awesome truck Mike!! If that ever get totalled you can transplant the drivetrain into some A-body or something.  :2thumbs:

Sshhhh.  Don't say that.  I had a deer run into the side of my 300 a couple years ago.  It wasn't bad at all but ins. totaled it.  My wife rear ended someone with the 300 back in '04 that showed a lot more damage & they fixed it.
Regardless, that's too many wrecked wrigs in the past decade.  That's the proverbial 3 so maybe we're done for now.

Anyhoots,thanks, it's one of those bucket list items.  Having to sell the 'cuda became easier to swallow.  I tell you what, the thing flat gets with the program.  The functional air induction is super loud & it pins you back in the seats pretty good.  It doesn't have some of the creature comforts the 2 year older Ram had but that's OK since it's basically a sports car pick up.  It only took the wife a couple days to warm up to the fact it's a hot rod.  She's gonna take a skid car course across the river to help her understand what to do when a car is in a spin or hydroplaning.  Neighbor across the street is an instructor so we got a $100 discount.

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on October 16, 2011, 08:24:38 PM
Picked it up a few months ago
Averaging 21-22mpg in town and 26.5mpg highway.

I like that color.  The wife will prolly end up with one of those when the time comes.

Her truck gets 7.6 mpg in the city & 11.3 on the highway.   :smilielol:   Worse than the Hemi Charger.

We took the Magnum R/T to California & the mpg surprised me.  It was a nice cruise going down the highway.