News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what's your daily driver??

Started by 73-charger-383, November 24, 2005, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

How come we dont get the cool cars in the US? All we get are plain jane boring turds. And Ford is a US company to boot!

Motorweek did a test on a new Ford Festiva. We are getting the same car Europe gets. It is a real performance dog, but gets 30 city and 40 highway. Supposed to ride and handle best in class. Bout time!
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Darkman

Quote from: Paul G on May 31, 2010, 05:43:10 PM
How come we dont get the cool cars in the US?

I could say the same about the US cars (older models like the charger). You can keep your newer ones though  :icon_smile_big:

Trust me, the newer cars down here may look nice, but struggle in quality
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

A383Wing

Almost everything up here struggles in quality....and not just the cars either  :Twocents:

loudmouthaussie

Quote from: Darkman on May 31, 2010, 06:17:32 PM
Quote from: Paul G on May 31, 2010, 05:43:10 PM
How come we dont get the cool cars in the US?
I could say the same about the US cars (older models like the charger). You can keep your newer ones though  :icon_smile_big:
Trust me, the newer cars down here may look nice, but struggle in quality

yeah i drive 2007 falcon ute for work. piece of crap. already has 217,000 km racked up though to be fair.

USA got the holden monaro and SS ute as new GTO & el camino but didnt seem interested. both decent rear wheel drive v8's. rest is history i guess.
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

mikepmcs

Took it for the shakedown cruise today.  Still needs a good cleaning and I'm  gonna go ahead and color sand/buff to see what I can squeeze out of the paint.  Some ding removal in the near future hopefully down in Weymouth Mass with the King of PDR, if JB can hook me up. :icon_smile_cool:  Giving the truck a break for some needed maintenance.(front suspension junk and some new front tires)
Don't drive the Challenger to work because the old timey Vets like to play bumper cars on their way out of the VA. :patriot: They don't see so well anymore. :pity:  
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

DUDE! That Picture is SMOKING! If i asked really nice would you please do one of the Parade Float?..  :shruggy:

:angel:

mikepmcs

Dave
I'll try. Send me your best resolution picture to my email mikepmcs@yahoo.com.

I will have to try to change the exposure values to make it look like I took 3 identical pictures of your car.  It won't work like real bracketing but it might let me get to the point where I can manipulate it with some other hi tech software I got my hands on yesterday.

Answer is, I'd be honored and happy to try to do a cool render of your awesome Charger.  :2thumbs:

How about one with the GGB somewhere in it with the car.  Do you have one of those  :icon_smile_cool:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

Do I?!

:yesnod:

:scratchchin:

:2thumbs:

mikepmcs

send me a few different pictures.  they need to be the highest resolution you have for sure though.  how about that one with a side profile or a little bit more light shining on the lead actor in the picture.  ;D

Brock Samson

I'm allready on it... I'm trying to select from about 2K photos... way to hijack a thread!  :lol:

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BIRD67

1989 Raleigh Technium.. total invested so far.. $35 for a rear tire and tune-up..
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

SRT-440

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Lord Warlock

Haven't posted here in a while, as of April of this year, i got a new daily driver after selling my 04 SVT Cobra.  Figure this group may appreciate it some.  

Has custom Katzkin Tan leather seats, woodgrain dash kit, factory TA Hood made semi functional, Automatic with 5.7 HEMI.  I tried to order it with every option that the 69 charger R/T SE had on it from the factory.  This one has a few extra options as It was loaded with the sunroof, HID's and NAV radio.  I installed the SRT8 black spoiler (because the yellow one kind of disappeared and wasn't noticable in the field of yellow.  I also installed a rear back up camera in the spoiler so i won't back into things.  I had a custom emblem made for the rear spoiler that says special edition R/T where the factory srt8 emblem used to be.  The katzkin leather seat covers also have Special Edition R/T embroidered in them.  The yellow color was called special edition when ordering, so while there is no such animal as an RT SE challenger,  it will go nicely with the 69 Y3 RT SE that i'm trying to rebuild in the spare garage out back.  I painted the hood myself, and it came out excellent, still have some finish sanding and buffing to get the edge that i masked off cleaned up, but noone notices it but me anyway.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

ChargerĀ“69

Quote from: Lord Warlock on August 09, 2010, 11:19:43 PM
Haven't posted here in a while, as of April of this year, i got a new daily driver after selling my 04 SVT Cobra.  Figure this group may appreciate it some.  

Has custom Katzkin Tan leather seats, woodgrain dash kit, factory TA Hood made semi functional, Automatic with 5.7 HEMI.  I tried to order it with every option that the 69 charger R/T SE had on it from the factory.  This one has a few extra options as It was loaded with the sunroof, HID's and NAV radio.  I installed the SRT8 black spoiler (because the yellow one kind of disappeared and wasn't noticable in the field of yellow.  I also installed a rear back up camera in the spoiler so i won't back into things.  I had a custom emblem made for the rear spoiler that says special edition R/T where the factory srt8 emblem used to be.  The katzkin leather seat covers also have Special Edition R/T embroidered in them.  The yellow color was called special edition when ordering, so while there is no such animal as an RT SE challenger,  it will go nicely with the 69 Y3 RT SE that i'm trying to rebuild in the spare garage out back.  I painted the hood myself, and it came out excellent, still have some finish sanding and buffing to get the edge that i masked off cleaned up, but noone notices it but me anyway.

Awesome Challenger  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Lord Warlock on August 09, 2010, 11:19:43 PM

Any pictures of the interior?  Interested to see the Katzkin.  What is your impression of the leather?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Lord Warlock

The katzkins are excellent quality,  not quite as soft as the factory leathers are, but also not black like every other challenger out there.  

added the pistol grip shifter to finish out the woodgrain look.

I still have to have the door panels done,  I have the material ready but was planning on having embroideries done on them, but have since changed my mind and will go plain.  I added scat pack bees on the quarter glass, and with them there, it would look overdone to have them on the inside too.  The seats have yellow stitching to match the color.

the wrinkles in the covers have worked themselves out since the pictures were taken,  noone has sat in the back yet so there may be a few there still.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

doctor4766

Nice Chally!!

Anyway, here's my daily.
The one in the background that is.
It's an '03 Toyota Hilux V6 SR5

Gotta love a '69

mikepmcs

my daily yesterday

sixty8charger

Jayson

TUFCAT

mikepmcs.... that was Seriously Awesome!  Thumbs Up Everywhere!!! You are brilliant.  

mikepmcs

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 15, 2010, 09:54:34 PM
mikepmcs.... that was Seriously Awesome!  Thumbs Up Everywhere!!! You are brilliant.  

Thank you, Sir.  I don't deserve that moniker, but i'm glad you like my pictures.  #inspiration  :icon_smile_big: :cheers:

dkn1997

This thread is old, so old that my DD has changed.. sold the GTP grand prix and picked this up. 

RECHRGED

Laxy

Some awesome Mopar daily drivers on here, if new Dodge Challengers or any year Dodge trucks were in plentiful in supply here in Oz I would have one in a flash. But instead I love daily driving Valiants, this 71 VH Hardtop 265 hemi/4-speed has been my daily since I was 17 in 1999. Bit worse for wear these days but still going strong.

71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

charger_fan_4ever

2001 VW Jetta TDI what can I say 700 miles on 12 gallons of fuel and rides better than anything i have owned
weekend toy 91 mustang 5L LX notchback 5 speed. 20ish miles to gallon and a fun ride.