News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what's your daily driver??

Started by 73-charger-383, November 24, 2005, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73-charger-383

My daily is a 1998 Kia Sportage............(needed a CHEAP family mobile), and a 00' alero.

what's yours?

Todd Wilson

5 years ago the old lady wanted to trade her 86 Honda Prelude in on a new car. They offered 300$ trade in for it so we brought the Honda home. At the time I was commuting 100 miles a day to work and the Dodge Ram was starting to eat me alive in gas everyday. So I started driving the Honda back and forth. Since then I now work in my town again where I live. Since the gas prices have gone up stupid the last few years I drive it almost everyday now. It seems to be a good car. Runs great but is starting to show its age and falling apart. I will drive it untill it wont drive anymore and then part it out on ebay or put it in the back yard and let a tree grow through it and in 40 years sell it for a stupid price as the kids of today will be old and wanting the cars they dreamed of during their youth and it is the 2.0 SI and 5 speed sunroof car!

Todd

Shakey

Quote from: Todd Wilson on November 24, 2005, 11:24:56 AM
5 years ago the old lady wanted to trade her 86 Honda Prelude in on a new car. They offered 300$ trade in for it so we brought the Honda home. At the time I was commuting 100 miles a day to work and the Dodge Ram was starting to eat me alive in gas everyday. So I started driving the Honda back and forth. Since then I now work in my town again where I live. Since the gas prices have gone up stupid the last few years I drive it almost everyday now. It seems to be a good car. Runs great but is starting to show its age and falling apart. I will drive it untill it wont drive anymore and then part it out on ebay or put it in the back yard and let a tree grow through it and in 40 years sell it for a stupid price as the kids of today will be old and wanting the cars they dreamed of during their youth and it is the 2.0 SI and 5 speed sunroof car!

Todd

He asked about your daily driver, not your life story!   :icon_smile_big:

My daily driver - 2001 Sebring LXi.

Does surprisingly well in the snow.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Shakey on November 24, 2005, 11:31:05 AM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on November 24, 2005, 11:24:56 AM

Todd

He asked about your daily driver, not your life story!     :icon_smile_big:

My daily driver - 2001 Sebring LXi.

Does surprisingly well in the snow.

And if I had not told the story every one would say why are you driving a Honda. Then I would hear all the die before driving a honda storys and crap.

Todd

ScottW

'97 Nissan Altima.

She got the new one and I sold my Ram. I've been driving it since '02. I gotta give that car props - 191,000 miles and still going strong. Maybe I can trade it in on the new   Challenger!   ;D

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

GTX

Mine was the Benz SL but the gf blew up the engine on the freeway last year (250k+ miles) so now it's the '00 Navigator.

Troy

Let's see, 3-4 days a week I drive my '01 Celica and the rest of the time I drive a '97 Tacoma 4x4. It depends on whether I'm going to the garage after work to spend time with the cars. I tried to trade them both on a Cummins Ram Dually 4x4 but then realized I couldn't park the stupid thing at work and I wouldn't have a daily driver.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

6pkrunner

I have been working down the ladder in conveyance devices as fuel costs rose and Mopar parts rose. I have limited funds for Mopar parts and putting those funds into a daily transportation device does nothing for me in the least. The second last pair I had insured were a Pontiac bonneville and a Dodge Crapavan for the wife. I've taken both them off the road and now have mechanized roller skates in the form of a toyota tercel and a Hyundai Accent. Cheap, tinny, noisy, garbage - but the money I don't pour into them goes into the real cars.

TruckDriver

I paid $1,100 for both of them. There both '89s although the van is from California and has 94,000 original & no rust. I hate it though, but the Blazer is currently on the disabled list so I have to drive it. ::)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

71Charger500

A 1971 Dodge Charger 500 (i don't have to drive far to school or work)...and in the winter, a 99 Jeep Cherokee Sport.  Speaking of jeep, anyone seen the new Commander.  They're pretty awesome.
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

andy74

during the summer i usually drive the charger,but in the winter i drive a used truck or caravan from the dealership.my other car is an 03 grand am,which i leased and will be done with in may,so i am looking for a cheap full size car for the wife to drive

RECHRGD

'04 Ram Cummins Quad cab.  I have about a 100 mile a day round trip commute and the diesel is killing me.  I'm looking for something more economical to get to work in and just save the Ram for when I need to trailer the Charger or other truck duties.    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Duey

'95 540i V8 4.0L 6-speed....good in the snow since it has rear wheel drive and traction control.

Cheers,
Duey

73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

Spartan

02 Avalanche.  First GM product (and non mopar for that matter) I have ever owned.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

BrianShaughnessy

Disposable 91 Cherokee   4.0 auto.   Gets 20mpg.   I have a 60 mile round trip.    It was supposed to just be a winter beater but I rather like it.    Coming home yesterday it almost got disposed of when a 6 pt buck ran out in front of it but I saw it in time to avoid it.    If it would have been dark I'd be shopping for another disposable.

Other than that I use my black 90 GTA w/ T tops that's a decent 6-9 month DD.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

inhrmswy

my daily driver is a 03 ram hemi quad cab in atlantic blue.   My wifes is a 05 sebring limited in a really pretty metallic garnet red...hmmm maybe the 68 would look good in that color.

Old Moparz

I work 3-1/2 miles from home in an office that is surrounded by 2 asphalt plants & a concrete plant near a busy road. The dust & dirt is horrendous, so I don't want to take anything nice to work. I just sold a '94 Pathfinder over the summer I was driving, & planned to get another semi-beater, but since my 1995 Ford F150 is getting old, I decided to make that the daily driver & get a new tow vehicle. It's got 125,000 miles on it & runs great. Not the best on MPG with the 5.8 V8, but I don't commute far & get gas at work. This truck is rust free & should have a lot of miles left in it.

It's behind the Coronet:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Dans 68

'98 white Chevy Silverado 4X4 with lumber rack and front bumper grill. It is a work truck, and I do haul materials every day. 13 mpg, with the tailgate down   :'(
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Just 6T9 CHGR

'96 Nissan Maxima GLE is my ride.  Handles nice & is pretty fast, leather, all the toys and has 4 doors for the kiddies
(no remarks on the licence plate  ::) )

Wifey gets the '05 Honda Odyssey
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

twilt

93 F150 6 cyl with 5 speed manual. bought it 4 years ago with 89k on it  because it was a great deal and it has been a damn good truck. i beat the crap out of it. now has 180k on it and doesnt burn or leak any oil. put a new clutch in it at 125k because the slave cylinder (in bellhousing on a Ford) went bad. gets 16-18 mpg on the highway.

RD

1987 Dodge Ramcharger with a 400-4bbl.  11 mpg if I am lucky, but it sounds mean and scares ricers daily.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

JimShine

A 2000 Buick Century. When it dies I wont buy a new car again. Its been a pain since day one and to be honest, the gas mileage isn't a whole lot better than the '69 318 Charger.

Charger_Fan

For 3 years, this 83 S-10 Blazer has been my daily. I've got a 80 mile round trip commute each day & this little thing has never let me down. It's awesome in the snow! This year, it wouldn't pass emissions or inspection, so I decided to put the money toward something that would.
So, the LTD is the current daily & the best $400 I've ever spent ;D, although I got it about 2 weeks before the gas prices spiked. :brickwall:
I'm gonna sell it soon, in favor of some 4-banger 4x4 truck.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

;)