News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what's your daily driver??

Started by 73-charger-383, November 24, 2005, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73-charger-383

...now a 99 Yukon, and a 11 Malibu....

greymag

96 bmw 318ti. best used car ever.

Bob

1991 Geo Metro 4 door hatch.  :2thumbs:

XH29N0G

I live less than a mile from where I work so my daily (weekday) driver is a bicycle (Giant FCR) .  My weekend and nonwork driver is my 70 Charger.  My wife has a station wagon.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Memphis Mopar

2011 Dodge Ram 4X4

Cooter

Mine has now changed from the '84 Subaru with 611K Mies on it as I sold it for $100.oo more than i paid and bought me a New-to-me, 1994 Toyota Pick up.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

charger_fan_4ever

Daily commute is about 300 miles a week. 01 Jetta diesel TDI does the job. 600 miles on a tank 60/40 country roads and city. When anything needed to haul 97 ram 2500 4x4 12v cummins.

With diesel at $5.90 a gallon currently the truck does not go out much.

elanmars

As is customary for me, all my dailies have been the old school mopars I've had...my (new to me) 1969 Dodge Charger...the 318 is much kinder when it comes to gas mileage! and I've always been more of a cruiser than a stop light racer, so it works for me...
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

GOTWING

Im really surprised at how many "Mopar guys" on here actually drive daily GM, Ford,BMW,Lincoln,Nissan,etc. guys common !  :flame: Man mine is a 2004 red Dodge ram sport crew cab SLT 4x4 5.7 HEMI , my wifes daily driver is our 2005 Chrysler 300C 5.7 HEMI , and we have a 2010 R/T Challenger classic plum crazy white stripes 5.7 HEMI !  :2thumbs:

GOTWING

I have Mopar parents too ! :icon_smile_big: moms is a flame red Durango R/T 5.9 , dads is a new mega cab diesel and he still has his 95 ram cummings diesel ( wont die ) They are both retired in their 70's and do not drive much.

GOTWING

@ Memphis Mopar, i love your mega truck! :drool5:

Paul G

This thread is so old i have had 3 more dd since first posting. 99 F150, 08 Wrangler, and now an 05 Ram SRT10.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

I'm not a big fan of S10's but I'd take a Syclone.

A383Wing

either my 88 Dodge Shadow or my 1994 Dakota Sport

depends on which has gas at the time

Bryan

Fred

Quote from: GOTWING on May 16, 2012, 09:02:08 PM
Im really surprised at how many "Mopar guys" on here actually drive daily GM, Ford,BMW,Lincoln,Nissan,etc. guys common !  :flame: Man mine is a 2004 red Dodge ram sport crew cab SLT 4x4 5.7 HEMI , my wifes daily driver is our 2005 Chrysler 300C 5.7 HEMI , and we have a 2010 R/T Challenger classic plum crazy white stripes 5.7 HEMI !  :2thumbs:

:hah:   Some of us are luckier than others!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

ChgrSteve67

2011 Challenger Pentastar V6 Super Sport

Mopar Cold Air Intake

Dimpled and slotted roters

Some color added to the head rests and rear arm rest

and a passenger side Pentastar to bring the planets into alignment. Can't believe Chrysler missed that.

I also installed a SRT front chin spoiler with front break air ducts in the belly pan and functional air intake scoops in the hood.
Sorry no pics of that.
-Steve

Brightyellow69rtse

96 saturn sl1 5speed she gets 40mpg love that little car  :cheers:

i got a 03 hemi ram 2500 that dosent get used a whole lot anymore as shes pretty thirsty. if i can use the saturn i definatly do. ive saved so much money on gas using that over my ram its not even funny.

ChargerD100

2011 Dodge Ram 2wd and 1970 Dodge D100 (getting ready to tear apart and put a cummins in it)
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

c00nhunterjoe

2007 charger rt with road and track package. Awesome car. gets 28 mpg on the highway, hugs corners and with a custom program runs mid 13's.

dkn1997

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on May 16, 2012, 10:59:00 PM
98 S10 2wd 2.2 5 speed.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: 

I decided to retire the G8 from daily svc because I put 17k on it the first year I had it.  I picked up a 99 S10 2wd 2.2 5speed.  "it needs a clutch" so I got it for 600 bucks.  131K on it.  fiberglass locking bed cover, AC..  1 pint of brake fluid and some furious clutch master cylinder bleeding and I was driving it.  Now that I've had it for a year, it's becoming a favorite.  Now it does need a clutch though, for real this time.  It's slipped a few times on me lugging it in too high a gear for the speed I was going...weird that it's not constant slipping.  I thought once they started slipping that was it.  I"m milking it as long as I can then I'll put a clutch in it.  It will be just another day of my life I won't get back lol.

My kids and I call it "the beater" and one of my buddies claimed "she's a honey" the first time he saw it lol.  No rust, but its dented on every single panel, every single one.  Not bad...but just strange.
RECHRGED

Chryco Psycho

06 Ram Cummins 6 spd , 30 MPG +

Just 6T9 CHGR

This is a real old thread....been through 4 other cars since my post in 2005....

Newest daily is an '08 Infiniti FX35.  Always wanted one of these when they first came out because of the exhaust sound!   08 was the last year of this body style....not a fan of the '09+

Fully loaded AWD "Corvette"...for an SUV with 20" rims she handles like one!

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mpdlawdog

01 wrangler....my wife actually drives it more that I do....she says the mini van hurts her milf image  :scratchchin:
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-