News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what's your daily driver??

Started by 73-charger-383, November 24, 2005, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Maintenance? :eyes:

I get that same reaction from certain clients when their web sites/software acts up. :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

694spdRT

I drive a 1995 S10 4cyl 5 speed(30+mpg) and my wife has a 2001 Mercury Sable.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

TeeWJay426

I tend to agree with Troy- only ever had one furin' ride, and that was a Chevy Nova/Toyota Corolla crossbreed that for some reason the Mrs. just decided she couldn't live without. She drove it every day- I couldn't stand the thing; had all the comforts of a buckboard. Have strayed from the Mopar camp only a couple of times- currently have a '96 Grand Am that I got for my daughter, but that will be going soon back to the dealer we bought it from due to a massive cowl water leak (to be replaced with a 2000 Neon). My personal daily driver now is a '98 Intrepid ES; got that in May of this year, when gas prices crept past 2 bucks a gallon, and I didn't want to pay the gas costs or continue to pile up the miles on my '03 Ram.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Telvis

I drive a ram pickup. My wife drives a Ford Windstar.

BBMoparFreak

I drive an 87 Dodge RamCharger.  2" suspension lift w/ 33" Cooper Discoverer STT's.  She does awesome in mud, snow, rain, ice...etc but she's killing me with the 8-9 mpg!!! :o :flame:

Just put a new carb on it, reset the timing tonight (it was advance 8-10 degrees over what it should be), and am picking up a new set of rods/jets for it on Monday.  Hopefully gonna bump it up to 11-12. lol that's so sad.

Michael

mustanghater

starting may it will be a 2000 land rover with 105,000 miles.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Purple Haze

Because of the Kid's sports...I needed a wagon. ::)   So my daily driver is a Magnum with a HEMI. ;D

Bob E
Plum Crazy, 440 Six Pack, 4 speed hemi, 4.10 Dana Super Grip
My Lucky Story
http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=268&highlight=#268

HAZZARDJOHN

I drive a 2004 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II! :) I love this truck! I think it is the best all around truck made. This is the pic from when I first got it. I have changed alot. High perf. intake, custom rims, Jet chip, Topper for camping in. It tows my boat, gets good gas mileage, is a great hunting vehicle and in my opinion looks great. I also have a ford expedition, But I never drive it, just use it to tow and for family vacations. Wife uses it during the week! I have no brand loyalty. I own a 70 Dodge Charger, The two fords above, Just sold a '66 Impala, and have my baby a '75 cadillac. I just love cars I could care less who builds them. If they are goodlooking and fun to drive I will be interested. Just my opinion.

Have a great day!
John
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

71 Bee Man

Until recently my daily driver was my 71 Super Bee.

Sanity prevailed, and with fuel costing around $5 per gallon here, I bought myself a 91 Mitsubishi Lancer with a 1.5 litre engine.

Sweeeeet. :icon_smile_big:
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

twilt

In my earlier post, i mentioned only my daily driver, a 93 F-150. 2 years ago, i bought my wife a 93 Toyota Camry with 125k on it. Now it is pushing close to 180k.  It is the first "non american" car that i have ever bought and i do not regret it one bit. Its been a great car, good gas mileage, ultra reliable.  I hate to say it but where i work, it would be fair to say that most of the Japanese cars come in for maintenance, a disproportinate percentage  of the American vehicles come in not for maintenance, but because they are broken. This master tech doesnt like to work on what i have to drive. If i were in the market for a passenger vehicle, i would not even consider any of the offerings of any of the big three. learning to build reliable automatic transmissions would be a good start for them.

here  is a good laugher. late model caddy sts  comes into the shop last week, as an "emissions failure". turns out the reason it failed is that the check engine light is inop. so, i am thinking "okay the thing has a bad bulb" no such luck. cluster is a sealed, non servicable unit. cost of new unit $900. very happy owner.

xs29j8Bullitt

My daily driver is a 2004 Hemi Ram 1500 QC Lone Star Edition...

On bad weather days its backup is a 1990 Ram 150 Club Cab...

On good weather days its backup is a 1968 Polara 4 Dr HT...

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

yellowcuda

My daily driver is a PAID FOR AS OF THIS MONTH (can you tell I am excited) 2003 Ram Quad Cab Graphite gray Laramie SLT, I love my truck.  Jonathan drives (when he is home) a 1993 Dodge Ram Dually Diesel he bought new.  When he is not home his daily driver is a Kaman K-max helicopter. hehe
I want a new 300C, I love them, but now I might wait and buy the Challenger if it looks good.  It would look great in the garage between the Cuda and the Charger. :icon_smile:

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

WM23N1

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on November 26, 2005, 05:19:04 PM
'96 Grand Am that I got for my daughter, but that will be going soon back to the dealer we bought it from due to a massive cowl water leak (to be replaced with a 2000 Neon). .
We own a 2000 neon that has a massive cowl leak. Took it to the dealer and they said there was a body seam that had separated and they could not fix it.
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

Gilbert Charger

Mine is a 1990 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2WD and my wife drives a 05 Grand Caravan.

RT DAVE

See my signature.   The neon shoulda been a SVT focus, but the wife said she wouldn't be seen in it.  Now that I think of it, I shoulda bought that focus...
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Duey

Quote from: CB on November 26, 2005, 11:22:21 AM
Quote from: Troy on November 26, 2005, 11:01:08 AM
I liked the previous editions of most BMW and Mercedes cars a lot more than the new ones.

Troy

:iagree:

I sold my '95   Beemer '520' some time ago.   :brickwall:
Was a great car. And looked good too.  

CB, why did you get rid of the 520?   The E34 is one of the nicest cars BMW ever produced!   Regular oil/filter changes is all my 540 takes and I still get 20mpg in city, 28-30mpg on the highway (that and still does a 5.9sec 0-60mph when I stuff my foot into it   ;D )

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

Ghoste

Quote from: twilt on November 26, 2005, 11:13:12 PMhere   is a good laugher. late model caddy sts   comes into the shop last week, as an "emissions failure". turns out the reason it failed is that the check engine light is inop. so, i am thinking "okay the thing has a bad bulb" no such luck. cluster is a sealed, non servicable unit. cost of new unit $900. very happy owner.

I believe that any lighting or guage failures in the 66-67 Chargers, the fsm repair procedure was to replace the cluster (under warranty if you were lucky).

TeeWJay426

Quote from: WM23N1 on November 27, 2005, 08:31:56 AM
Quote from: TeeWJay426 on November 26, 2005, 05:19:04 PM
'96 Grand Am that I got for my daughter, but that will be going soon back to the dealer we bought it from due to a massive cowl water leak (to be replaced with a 2000 Neon). .
We own a 2000 neon that has a massive cowl leak. Took it to the dealer and they said there was a body seam that had separated and they could not fix it.

Exactly the same problem the Grand Am has. We took it to a body shop; they said they could fix it, but it would entail stripping the entire interior out of it to the firewall, rewelding the seams, painting and seam-sealing them, new carpet.... all total, about 1500 bucks worth. Since we only bought it a few months ago (in DRY weather) the dealer was willing to work with us to get us into something else, but they weren't about to sink 1500 bucks into a 5K car- as I'm not about to either!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

teddy1500

have a 95 honda accord, got it from my sister, great gas mileage, but its broke right now, so 84 D-150, 318 and a 4 speed overdrive, 10 mpg, (uphill, downhill, highway, city, loaded, empty), oh, and the speedometer just broke in it!!!!

GTX

Yea, isn't it sad to think of a bunch of middle aged men wearing their pants down off their asses, caps on backwards, crap music thumping and looking at the Honda's of today fondly remembering their youth?

I'm damn glad I was around for the real thing. Rock and Roll and classic muscle!
At least we wore our pants instead of dragging them around our ankles behind us.

Just my opinon....I'll sit down now, sorry to digress. Yo!

Quote from: Todd Wilson on November 24, 2005, 11:24:56 AM
5 years ago the old lady wanted to trade her 86 Honda Prelude in on a new car. They offered 300$ trade in for it so we brought the Honda home. At the time I was commuting 100 miles a day to work and the Dodge Ram was starting to eat me alive in gas everyday. So I started driving the Honda back and forth. Since then I now work in my town again where I live. Since the gas prices have gone up stupid the last few years I drive it almost everyday now. It seems to be a good car. Runs great but is starting to show its age and falling apart. I will drive it untill it wont drive anymore and then part it out on ebay or put it in the back yard and let a tree grow through it and in 40 years sell it for a stupid price as the kids of today will be old and wanting the cars they dreamed of during their youth and it is the 2.0 SI and 5 speed sunroof car!

Todd

Charger_Fan

Quote from: twilt on November 26, 2005, 11:13:12 PM
learning to build reliable automatic transmissions would be a good start for them.

I hear ya on that one! 700R4's are my main thorn...I hate that tranny. :icon_smile_angry:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

'CUDA360

TheGhost

Quote from: GTX on November 27, 2005, 12:18:56 PM
Yea, isn't it sad to think of a bunch of middle aged men wearing their pants down off their asses, caps on backwards, crap music thumping and looking at the Honda's of today fondly remembering their youth?

I'm damn glad I was around for the real thing. Rock and Roll and classic muscle!
At least we wore our pants instead of dragging them around our ankles behind us.

Just my opinon....I'll sit down now, sorry to digress. Yo!

Quote from: Todd Wilson on November 24, 2005, 11:24:56 AM
5 years ago the old lady wanted to trade her 86 Honda Prelude in on a new car. They offered 300$ trade in for it so we brought the Honda home. At the time I was commuting 100 miles a day to work and the Dodge Ram was starting to eat me alive in gas everyday. So I started driving the Honda back and forth. Since then I now work in my town again where I live. Since the gas prices have gone up stupid the last few years I drive it almost everyday now. It seems to be a good car. Runs great but is starting to show its age and falling apart. I will drive it untill it wont drive anymore and then part it out on ebay or put it in the back yard and let a tree grow through it and in 40 years sell it for a stupid price as the kids of today will be old and wanting the cars they dreamed of during their youth and it is the 2.0 SI and 5 speed sunroof car!

Todd

Some of us young guys have the same opinion, too.  Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, THAT'S music.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

willhaven

2004 Acura TL/NAV 5AT

The voice activated NAV and heated seats own. :D

I currently don't own a Mopar, but in the next couple of years I plan to get one of the following:

-68 Charger
-68 GTX
-68 Road Runner
-70 Cuda
-70 Challenger

Which one depends on how I feel at the time. For the longest time I had a woodie for AAR Cudas... then I went to Chargers... now I like Challengers.

My first ever daily driver was a 91 Dodge Grand Caravan though. That thing got me to hell and back. The Acura is doing well though. I love that car. The new Lexus IS almost makes me want to pawn my TL though. :)

Also, this pic isn't my car, but it is the same year/color and has the same body kit options and rims.

jaak

I drive an s10, and my wife has a venture van,
I bought my s10 after wrecking my 318 5 speed dakota
my wife use to have a neon, she wanted a mini-van after our second child