News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what's your daily driver??

Started by 73-charger-383, November 24, 2005, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

Quote from: mpdlawdog on May 21, 2012, 08:43:50 AM
01 wrangler....my wife actually drives it more that I do....she says the mini van hurts her milf image  :scratchchin:

So if the wife drives the Wrangler, technically your daily driver is the car parked next to it in the pic I would imagine..LOL!

MoparMotel

My current daily driver is the 2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4x4 in the picture but we sold the 5th wheel it's hooked up to so now i'm trying to decide if I should keep the truck or not. I've really been considering one of those new Chevy Cruze's with the 1.4L Turbo. We got one at work and I drove it around it is really comfortable and gets great mileage.

1968 Dodge Charger

Wheels of Terror

My daily is the Street Avenger. Lol Protecting the world from rice!  :eek2:
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

moparguy01

right now I'm daily driving my 78 new yorker. the truck blew up both power steering lines 2 weeks ago and i havent had time to fix it.

TK73

Mustang is getting a rest from the daily grind...

NOW:

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bordin34

I have this now.
1986 944 N/A
-Turbo brakes, 4 piston brembos all around
- Konis all around

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

ODZKing

03 Stratus R/T and my wife has an 03 Sebring LXI

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 20, 2012, 07:36:05 PM
This is a real old thread....been through 4 other cars since my post in 2005....

Newest daily is an '08 Infiniti FX35.  Always wanted one of these when they first came out because of the exhaust sound!   08 was the last year of this body style....not a fan of the '09+

Fully loaded AWD "Corvette"...for an SUV with 20" rims she handles like one!

:rotz:

0-60 in 6.1 and 1/4 mi. in 14.8 @ 94 mph, a Corvette? Hardly  :shruggy:

With 15/20 mpg ratings, the Corvette is better there, too.

But the Infiniti exhaust note on this vehicle and the G35 does sound nice...

TK73

:2thumbs:

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

jesterCT

GOTWING

WHAT IS IT WITH ALL OF THE FOREIGN CAR DRIVING MOPAR GUYS!   :stirthepot:  :brickwall: :RantExplode:  :shruggy:

Troy

Quote from: GOTWING on June 05, 2012, 05:49:47 AM
WHAT IS IT WITH ALL OF THE FOREIGN CAR DRIVING MOPAR GUYS!   :stirthepot:  :brickwall: :RantExplode:  :shruggy:
You keep bringing it up so I'll answer... even though I don't think I've put my cars in this thread. ;)

I never claimed to be a "Mopar Guy". I just happen to like 68 Chargers and have (and had) a pile of them. That doesn't mean I don't like other cars! There are very few other Mopars that I like enough to buy and care for (I currently have two 70 Challengers, had a Barracuda, still looking for a 68 Super Bee, and might buy a Hemi or SRT8 Magnum one of these days). A daily driver is the only car I have that I consider "basic transportation" and will run into the ground. I drive a LOT and I hate the thought of killing a car I really like so my daily drivers are usually cars I don't baby or want to keep forever. In that case, it's a matter of cheap and reliable - which rules out most newer Mopars. :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ACUDANUT

"cheap and reliable - which rules out most newer Mopars. "

lol. I agree

GOTWING

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Agreed!

My domestic Daily Driver is over 5 years old and has never been in the shop, period.
Maintenance, like oil changes, etc., are all I have done.

My last SUV, a full-size domestic, was in the shop once in 14 years. I sold it with nearly 145,000 mi.

Another of my current vehicles has well over 120,000 miles, and has also never been in the shop. These are all domestic vehicles, so I would have to argue about the quality of American brands vs. foreign. This isn't 1983 anymore... :Twocents:

GOTWING

I'm very happy with one of our daily drivers, 2005 Chrysler 300C, i bought it in 06 with 27K on it. My wife drives almost an hour one way to work, it's a safe size family car,hemi powered ,20-24 mpg, 14sec flat 1/4, :drive: very dependable with 112k on it now. These cars have also come way down in price now as used cars. My father in law has a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 218,000 trouble free miles on it, he loves the 4.0 inline six.

Troy

You guys missed the "cheap" part. ;) My local Dodge dealers think that overpricing and screwing the customer are valid sales tactics... not to mention the sky-high parts pricing.

My 2006 Tahoe was awesome but it wasn't an ideal daily driver ***for me*** - mainly due to size and mileage. I'm single and drive 28 miles each way to work and about 250 each weekend. It was loaded and I had researched the cost of the parts and wanted out from under it before stuff like the Autoride shocks started going bad. It was a great tow vehicle though! I wouldn't buy anything other than domestic for a full size truck (is it even possible?). Although, my 1999 Cummins Ram was the worst vehicle I've ever owned. Period. My 1976 Power Wagon was the second worst purchase I've ever made - but that isn't entirely the truck/Chrysler's fault like it was with the Ram. I currently drive a *cheap* foreign car (2010 Kia) for work and have a 1993 Toyota 4x4 pickup for hauling parts and driving in the snow/salt. Everything else is older than me and domestic (mostly Dodge). I prefer to spend my money on my hobbies so you won't see me driving anything with a $700 per month payment. I spend enough on insurance as it is!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

On a budget, the best daily driver, is a Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.

Cheap, nearly disposable, and rock-solid reliable. Buy one from a former federal agency and you will get one of the nice ones. Old patrol cars, not so much.  :Twocents:

mpdlawdog

:iagree:
I drive one every day!  I have to admit they are solid cars........I have put on about 260K on three cars (one was totaled in a pursuit with 80K on it) in about 10 years....only been through one transmission and one motor (long story  ;)).....thats just miles....my car also runs 8 hours a day to keep my partner happy......they can take a beating and keep on going.....I can say that........
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

:iagree: ...and I am guessing the average citizen won't go through an engine or transmission in their course of ownership.

GOTWING

Where i work we have a young kid as a security gaurd, he is a cop wanna be so bad, he has a clean black crown vic X cop car with tinted windows, push bar,spot light, flowmasters, etc.  I had a 85 Diplomat X-cop car for a daily driver years ago , i put a warmed over 360 from a little red in it with 3.91's

ODZKing

I am a Mopar guy. And for a while there the only 2 door cars they had were the DiamondStar Mopars.  I had 2 Avengers (first gen) and now the Stratus, that one from new.  They are great cars.  AND ma Mopar still got my money.

1BAD68

93 Ford Festiva, 58hp, 5 speed, 40+mpg.

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Tilar

What's my daily driver? Depends on what I'm doing that day. Got 4 tagged and insured and they all get used.

Even buying a few used cars now and then just to flip, I don't do foreign cars... period. I'm not saying the foreign cars aren't any good, I just don't like my money going to (insert foreign country here).
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.