News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what's your daily driver??

Started by 73-charger-383, November 24, 2005, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

whatever is in the driveway in the morning that starts.....
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

RusTy/SE

I bought my D250 new "off the lot" July 1986, gave it a 1995 repaint in the original Brite Silver and have some 13k since having a rebuilt 87 360/eddy 1405/Flowmaster 40 installed summer 2007. This year has seen a high torque mini-starter along with an Optima battery; the odometer clicked 240k earlier this month.

69bronzeT5

It's dirty :P It replaced my toasted (literally) Cherokee. Some of you guys should recognize this driveway from my Duster thread ;)

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mhe71

my daily is a gas hogging 98 grand cherokee 5.9l in deep slate with eddy headers, aem intake, sct tune, and ported throttle body. mopar muscle in a jeep

451-74Charger

Quote from: mhe71 on December 29, 2009, 09:26:42 PM
my daily is a gas hogging 98 grand cherokee 5.9l in deep slate with eddy headers, aem intake, sct tune, and ported throttle body. mopar muscle in a jeep
Thats what I was looking at buying before the Wife said, here honey, have a HEMI

05 5.7 Hemi Jeep Grand Cherokee (in Sinister Black  :naughty: )
Looks good next to her Blue one

TUFCAT

Cody, I had a Durango just like that. But mine was a 2000 model (with a 360), and it was green.

jb666

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on December 18, 2009, 12:58:28 AM
My Mopar car hauler.... Dodge didn't have the extended cab I needed when I bought :nana:

Sweet ride, man.. I really like it. Nice stance, awesome color and everything else just looks perfect on that truck!!  :cheers:

1970Moparmann

Quote from: jb666 on January 01, 2010, 08:15:32 PM
My Mopar car hauler.... Dodge didn't have the extended cab I needed when I bought :nana:

Sweet ride, man.. I really like it. Nice stance, awesome color and everything else just looks perfect on that truck!!  :cheers:

Thanks!  It's been a pretty good truck.  I've put about 20k miles with towing alone for my Mopars. All my Mopar friends give me crap since it's a Cheby, but I like it.  I really like the new Ram's, but hell my truck is almost paid off. 

Happy New Year.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

jb666

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 01, 2010, 08:59:47 PM

Thanks!  It's been a pretty good truck.  I've put about 20k miles with towing alone for my Mopars. All my Mopar friends give me crap since it's a Cheby, but I like it.  I really like the new Ram's, but hell my truck is almost paid off. 

Happy New Year.

Well, if you decide you want to "upgrade", let me know, I'd dump mine for that any time..   :cheers: :cheers:

Silver R/T

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 01, 2010, 08:59:47 PM

My 01 Quad cab is not much smaller and comes with long bed. Best thing is that it's Cummins.

Happy New Year.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Tilar

This is what I drive about half the time in the summer but in the winter it's the only thing I drive. I had to rinse it off cause the salt and crap from the roads had it looking pretty bad. 191k miles and going strong. I'm taking it to Toledo tomorrow to pickup that 73 I bought.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Paul G

My daily driver is....... the car in my sig pic of course! We can do that in Arizona.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

bearbqd

Just picked up a new one (pics to come). A guy came in our shop for an alignment. He had just smacked a curb in the snow. Well, his left lower control arm was very bent as was the drivers wheel. The car had high mileage on it and the control arm install would cost him a bundle so I told him I'd give him 50 bucks for it. He said he might take me up on it and would let me know the following Monday. I ended up getting it for a hundred bucks and what a price for what it is. It's a 1989 BMW 325 ix. Probably not too many of you know what that "X" stands for. I know I didn't until I did some research. This was BMW's answer to the Audi Quattro all wheel drive. Yep, an all wheel drive Bimmer. About 27,000 were made from 1988 til 1991, but only 1,500 were imported to the USA which makes this a very rare care. I fixed the control arm myself today and swapped out the wheel with the spare which was the same and perfect. Now I have a great bodied, good running little bimmer for next to nothing. WOOHOOO!!
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

SeattleCharger

Quote from: bearbqd on January 15, 2010, 07:22:47 PM
Just picked up a new one (pics to come). A guy came in our shop for an alignment. He had just smacked a curb in the snow. Well, his left lower control arm was very bent as was the drivers wheel. The car had high mileage on it and the control arm install would cost him a bundle so I told him I'd give him 50 bucks for it. He said he might take me up on it and would let me know the following Monday. I ended up getting it for a hundred bucks and what a price for what it is. It's a 1989 BMW 325 ix. Probably not too many of you know what that "X" stands for. I know I didn't until I did some research. This was BMW's answer to the Audi Quattro all wheel drive. Yep, an all wheel drive Bimmer. About 27,000 were made from 1988 til 1991, but only 1,500 were imported to the USA which makes this a very rare care. I fixed the control arm myself today and swapped out the wheel with the spare which was the same and perfect. Now I have a great bodied, good running little bimmer for next to nothing. WOOHOOO!!

score man.  lucky bast#$.   I knew what the x is for.  heh.
    a good bmw publication you might want to check out for the older bmw car do it yourselfer, magazine, its called "Roundel".  has some new car/ bmw factory articles, but lots on older cars,  I bet if you wrote that letter to the editor they might print it.
   A friend of mine had an old 525i? that he sold for 500 bucks, to some car restorer collector guys.  I should have bought it,  :brickwall:   turns out it was the best condition restored one they had seen, and was worth way more, I didn't know, he was really pissed he let it go later, after he realized how rare it was for the shape it was in. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

mikepmcs

Quote from: bearbqd on January 15, 2010, 07:22:47 PM

Remind me never to go to your shop to have any work done. Hopefully, there is more to the story then the way you wrote it.  Like.... the owner really didn't give a crap about the car etc....cause it really sounds like you ripped the owner off when you could have possibly fixed their ride for a fair price.  
I guess if you are supporting a shop that you don't own then I understand how those work(and also the reason I quit the dealership I worked for in late 86), but if it's a small time shop and you could have put a used control arm on it from a salvage or something and you decided to inflate the cost to possibly acquire this ride, then I don't share the same woohoo factor with you.  I guess I'm looking for the full story on this one and I'm sure you will come out looking better than what you wrote above.   :Twocents:
Of course you can tell me to piss off.  I can understand that too and fully expect it. No worries.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Tilar

I guess it would depend on the difference between the "the control arm install would cost him a bundle" vs what it actually cost. I would have thought that a wrecking yard would have given him more than the $100.

I cant remember how many cars I've picked up like that where the owner just didn't want to put any more money into it because it was nickle and diming them to death, which to me were the cars I wanted. If someone was tired of putting starters and alternators and carburetors on them, if all I had to do was buy a $50 part from a junkyard and put it on I'd have a fairly dependable car for a little of nothing.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Charger´69

My daily driver is now Chevrolet Chevy Van Starcraft LX Series 6.2D 1989  :icon_smile_big: I bought this almost year ago because with this is easy to take my motocross bike to everywhere  :icon_smile_blackeye:

But if I sell this before Camaro then my daily driver will be Chevrolet Camaro Iroc-Z 1986, we´ll see that soon..  :lol:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

SeattleCharger

holy crap, look at that grill guard   :o     BA Baracus would be envious

68coronetGLwannabe

(left) My sons 91 My 03 and the wifes 04.  :2thumbs:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

A383Wing

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on May 30, 2010, 08:46:34 PM
(left) My sons 91 My 03 and the wifes 04.  :2thumbs:

My '94 Dakota below is daily driver

Darkman

Here's mine (no it's not sublime - it's called Toxic). It is a 2005 Ford Falcon XR6.

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Paul G

Good lookin car, but where are they making Ford Falcon's?
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

SeattleCharger

is that an australia model ford?   looks cool, xr6?   what are some of the specs on it?  turbo, must be fast

they don't have that in the U.S. I don't think        

Its Sublime man, haha   :hah:

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Darkman

Quote from: SeattleCharger on May 31, 2010, 10:43:55 AM
is that an australia model ford?   looks cool, xr6?   what are some of the specs on it?  turbo, must be fast

they don't have that in the U.S. I don't think        

Its Sublime man, haha   :hah:

It is an Australian built car. XR6 means it is a sports pack (suspension, brakes, interior) with a straight 6 cylinder engine. It is fast I got it to 220km/hr (140mph) before I ran out of road and had to back off. There was still more in her that's for sure!

Some of the specs:

Straight 6 Turbo 240kW and 450Nm torque
6 speed automatic transmission
18 inch rims
Sports seats
tinted windows
Air con
Everything electric
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!