News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**update**Look what i dug out of my garage !!

Started by 911bear, September 01, 2009, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

911bear

:cheers: i just dug her out and got her running ! she started right up i drove her for a while parked it came back and tried to start it nothing......dead .......turn the key cant hear no clicking or nothing .. went out under hood jumped the little relay over top of the brake booster it fired right up no problems , but still nothing from the key ..any help would be great! enjoy the pics not the best car on here but its paid for lol lol  :nana:

changed the nss saw a wire hanging from the other side of tranny ...... yes your right it was the harness for the nss repaired it and she fired right up!  :drive: thanks guys! more pics coming when i get my paws on the new camera!
1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

Brock Samson

very nice,.. looks like some really old photos... interesting wheel and handle in the Int there..  :2thumbs:

911bear

nahhh pics were actually taken today but with my old digital :'( camera  lol daughter had the new one .
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

Tilar

I've been looking for something about like that. On your starting issue, check the battery cables and be sure they are good and tight. Other than that, Try starting it in neutral and be sure you don't have a neutral switch issue.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

Real nice looking.  I'd replace the little relay for starters.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

tan top

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 02, 2009, 05:24:07 AM
Real nice looking.  I'd replace the little relay for starters.

yeap :yesnod: also neutral start switch  :scratchchin:  ......... might be worth checkng for loose battery terminals , give them a wiggle :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Tilar

Personally I think you should sell it to me for $500 and don't worry about if it starts or not.  :D
Dave  

jaak

:2thumbs: Sweet! Nice 73 there! Did you convert it to the hide-a-ways or was it already installed when you bought the car? I'd try another started relay too, that same thing happened with my 69 one time and that was the problem with it.

Looks Great,
Jason

911bear

yea i added the hideaways   i just love the look   the car is a 1974 se   
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

mauve66

Quote from: Tilar on September 02, 2009, 09:19:39 AM
Personally I think you should sell it to me for $500 and don't worry about if it starts or not.  :D

the pistol grip shifter is worth half that.............. :coolgleamA:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

quapman

About 999 times out of a thousand, it's the neutral safety switch (inside the trans).

Try her in neutral or take er out of park and back in again. You can bypass the brown wire on the relay by disconnecting it and grounding that terminal.

Tilar

Quote from: mauve66 on September 02, 2009, 06:22:36 PM
Quote from: Tilar on September 02, 2009, 09:19:39 AM

the pistol grip shifter is worth half that.............. :coolgleamA:

Oh I know I was just messin with him. The sad thing is with all the money I spent at Carlisle this year for the 68, I'm not sure if I even have $500 back in my rat hole money.  :'(
Dave