News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door gaps

Started by Belgium R/T -68, August 28, 2009, 12:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Hanged my first door ever today :eek2: Question is how to determine what a good gap is. Is it the door/quarter that decides or door/cowl?
Will mounting the doorlatches/strikers change the way it hangs loose? Do I risc readjusting after the fender is mounted?
Any advices are much apreciated. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

hemi-hampton

Looks to me like you have to loosen the top door hinge on the post (from under dash) not door & move hinge with top of door back a little to tighten top door gap, bottom looks good. Just my  :Twocents: :shruggy: LEON.

P.S. Use a paint stick if you got one & put in bottom & top of door gap to keep it even.

TylerCharger69

As a rule of thumb....you would adjust the door to the quarter and cowl panel BEFORE installing the fender. After the door is adjusted and in place, then you would adjust your windows, starting with the vent window and working toward the back.

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks guys :cheers: Any preference on when to mount latch/striker? Before or after final adjustment? I know the windows has to be in
before I make the final tightening.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

TylerCharger69

AFTER final adjustment....once your door is lined up perfectly all the way around...THEN you adjust the striker to the door....don't forget the rubber stops first...I believe there are two...one toward the top, and one toward the bottom

hemi-hampton

The weatherstrip can affect the way it closes also. LEON.