News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What if it happened to you ?

Started by Big Sugar, August 25, 2009, 10:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Sugar

Hey

What would you do if the Original Owner of your Pride and Joy Mopar came calling ?
                                Looking for his old Ride Back ?

http://www.examiner.com/x-14108-Dallas-Classic-Cars-Examiner~y2009m7d13-250000-REWARD--Papa-Johns-72-Z28-Camaro

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Good_News/2009/08/25/10600576-ap.html

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Blown70

Well for $250,000 he could certainly have my 318 69.  WHOA.... that is some bucks.... I do hope he finds his Cammo.

Tom

Just 6T9 CHGR

And.....it has been FOUND by a Kentucky man

http://www.papasroadtrip.com/

PS--if you own a Craparo you get free pizza on Aug 26th!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Blown70

PocketThunder

The previous owner droping the keys into Papa Johns hand looks like our very own Charger Fan  (Grant)   :scope:  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

73chgrSE

Quote from: Big Sugar on August 25, 2009, 10:43:38 AM
Hey

What would you do if the Original Owner of your Pride and Joy Mopar came calling ?
                                Looking for his old Ride Back ?

I don't have to worry, the guy was like 65 when i bought it from him back in the late eighties! :D

tan top

glad the dude found his old Camero :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dans 68

...I would take him for a ride, both literally and figuratively (maybe figuratively... :D)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

oldgold69

i have the original owners name it is on all the bills of sale from the dealer but i think after 35 years he wouldn't care. he is proably dead by now

GreenMachine

I think that's a great story, and not just because I had a Gold Z28 that I sold. If I had the chance to buy back my car from high school (which was a 1969 Grand Prix), I definately would. I would probably overpay if I had to, but not a 1/4 million unless I owned a successful pizza business and had plenty of cash to throw around.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

kab69440

"Sorry to say, it's not for sale.  Good day."
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Rolling_Thunder

Well I would say...     "I hope you have a six figure annual income...."     or something along the lines of "shouldn't have sold it man....     why would I make the same mistake you made?"
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

The70RT

Well he did............ The original owner of mine was drafted for Vietnam (sorry) and his parents said hey lets sell it since it has sat for  over a year now and who knows when your coming home? Anyway about 1985 I was working on my 68 Chevelle in front of my open garage and a family in a Dodge van drove by then suddenly hit the brakes. I looked up and they put it in reverse and backed up. The guy, his wife and kids all were smiling like I was their long lost? as they could see the rear of the Charger. They jump out immediately and I was like WTF! The guy comes up and said hey you don't know me but.......he pulls out a picture and shows him standing by the car when he purchased it. He says I'm here to by my car back. I go really? and he said how much. I told him twice as much as you paid the first time....like 7,500 The look he gave me is still imprinted in my mind. He said damn I cant do that. He drove from Liberal KS ( about a 6 hour drive) He said he had the ID number still and traced it though a title search or the DMV? He said he found a another one in his town but was in a field and needed a lot of work. I said sorry man but It means a lot to me since I had it for like 8 years then. ( I knew the day I got it I would never sell it) They slowly got back in the van and crept away.... :'(..... :icon_smile_big: I also just took my 70 Cutlass that I restored a few years ago over to the original owner to see a couple weeks ago. I got it about 15 years ago when his son totaled it out. He told me when ever I got it done bring it by. Him and his wife really loved it. He still has a pair of 48 and a 49 convertible Ford flathead V8 coupes  :drool5: and has no room for it anyway.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TeeWJay426

For 250K? Couldn't sign that title over to him fast enough.....
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

dads_69

I had a chance to buy my 1st. charger back recently, but its not worth it IMO. for what he is asking. 60 grand for a '68 I had. I had 33 G's, but I wasn't about to get a loan for the rest of it.
IMO, cars come and go, congrats to those of you who can relive your old rides!
It's just a car also, a material item, in 100 years, will it really matter? FYI, I'm a realist.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Mike DC

If the original owner of my longtime 69 came calling for it, I'd tell him, "Well, it's about 1/4th the car you once had, and 3/4ths my own additions since you neglected it & screwed it up so bad.  Still want it?"

OneofNoneRT

Quote from: oldgold69 on August 25, 2009, 12:55:59 PM
i have the original owners name it is on all the bills of sale from the dealer but i think after 35 years he wouldn't care. he is proably dead by now

Do not be so sure.. Found 2nd and 3rd owners,, They have some great stories and old photos, and answered a lot of questions... a They are trying to help find the original owner..

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43773.0.html
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

1969chargerrtse

I had a chance to buy back my first car which was a 57 nomad for cheap money, 4,000.00  The guy let it go to pot.  I said no thanks, the feeling was lost but I did wax all the chrome roof ribs and tail gate ribs for nothing more than feeling sorry for the car.  He sold it soon after. :'(
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Old Moparz

Just selling a '72 Chebby Camaro made this guy look like a financial genius.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bakerhillpins

Schnattner, 47, is currently traveling the country promoting his 'Papa John's Camaro Chase Contest'.

Brilliant...  He makes it a promotion for his company and gets the search and probably the cost of the vehicle as a write off.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Charger74

Quote from: bakerhillpins on August 27, 2009, 12:16:40 PM
Schnattner, 47, is currently traveling the country promoting his 'Papa John's Camaro Chase Contest'.

Brilliant...  He makes it a promotion for his company and gets the search and probably the cost of the vehicle as a write off.

DING! DING! DING!!!!   We have a winner right here.      :icon_smile_big: :rofl:

SFRT

what price youth? dude can wipe his ass with 100 dollar bills. I woulda stiffed him 500K :coolgleamA:
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69bronzeT5

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 25, 2009, 11:00:11 AM
The previous owner droping the keys into Papa Johns hand looks like our very own Charger Fan  (Grant)   :scope:  :icon_smile_big:

That's why he hasn't been seen for a while!!! :lol: Although, where's the sunroof on the found Camaro :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

aussiemuscle

What is it Mark Hamill says in Corvette Summer? "they are just a commodity, to be bought and sold like everything else on this earth".
:o Must have been quite a profit margin for the guy that had that camaro.

myk

I'd say, "Wow, don't you feel dumb..."  But then again, the original owner bought himself a white car with a red interior and a 383 2V.  Looking at it like that I guess I can understand selling it...