News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Water in Engine

Started by draftingmonkey, August 29, 2009, 03:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draftingmonkey

Saw this link posted in another forum and just had to share it with everybody...priceless.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/368307-im-done-with-this-car.html

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Silver R/T

I wonder if it was a joke lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 29, 2009, 03:56:59 PM
I wonder if it was a joke lol

It kind of seems like it, but there was that one guy who put NOS energy drink in his motorcycle gas tank awhile back..   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Hemidog

That really takes the cake!

BigBlackDodge

One of my brothers ex-girlfriends decided to top off her radiator....................through the valve cover! :icon_smile_blackeye:

It was pretty low because it took a little while to fill up! :rofl:

BBD

TylerCharger69

I'm at a loos for words there......could someone really be so stupid as to flush his engine with......water?

ODZKing

Yes, it is.  Look at page #22 or 23.
It says:
Well to everyone thats sending me messages, the jokes on you for actually believing this and still talking about it over a year later. Was just a big joke started by OneFastEclipes just to see peoples reactions, and apparently its reached just about every car forum around so guess its safe to say we won. I dont own a mustang nor have ever owned one, so no i dont have a cobra to sell you.

The account almost got banned for him having two accounts on same ip but he gave them some story about why and they let him go.

Silver R/T

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on August 29, 2009, 06:02:43 PM
One of my brothers ex-girlfriends decided to top off her radiator....................through the valve cover! :icon_smile_blackeye:

BBD

I know of a guy who thought that engine oil was low since he didn't see it when he took valve cover cap off...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: ODZKing on August 30, 2009, 04:41:25 PM
Yes, it is.  Look at post #22 or 23.

What about post 22 and 23 make it a joke?  All i see is too people still making fun of this poor SOB

RD

BBD

i totally believe you!  a lady came into o'reilly's stating that she was adding coolant but the car kept overheating.  I went out and viewed the reservoir (pontiac grand am) and she was like "um.. is that where you are supposed to add it?"  I then asked where she had been adding it (valve cover!!).  I pulled the dipstick and boom!!! 3/4 way full of milky oil!! I didnt laugh at all (but boy i wanted to).  I instead took the opportunity to show her where all her fluids were supposed to be added and the repercussions of doing it wrong so that she didnt make the same mistake twice.  Lastly, I told her to call her boyfriend and have him change the oil in the parking lot or she will regret it.  he did, she drove off with a running, cooler car and a life lesson to boot.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: RD on August 30, 2009, 05:23:39 PM

BBD

i totally believe you!  a lady came into o'reilly's stating that she was adding coolant but the car kept overheating.  I went out and viewed the reservoir (pontiac grand am) and she was like "um.. is that where you are supposed to add it?"  I then asked where she had been adding it (valve cover!!).  I pulled the dipstick and boom!!! 3/4 way full of milky oil!! I didnt laugh at all (but boy i wanted to).  I instead took the opportunity to show her where all her fluids were supposed to be added and the repercussions of doing it wrong so that she didnt make the same mistake twice.  Lastly, I told her to call her boyfriend and have him change the oil in the parking lot or she will regret it.  he did, she drove off with a running, cooler car and a life lesson to boot.

How did you not laugh? I mean seriously... I'm not even a a-hole but I would have burst out laughing  :smilielol:

bearbqd

Don't they still provide owners manuals with vehicles or is the state of our education system so bad that these car owners can't even read it in the first place?  I just don't get not knowing a little of a cars various systems before trying to perform maintenance on it.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

ODZKing

aussiemuscle

Quote from: RD on August 30, 2009, 05:23:39 PM
i totally believe you!  a lady came into o'reilly's stating that she was adding coolant but the car kept overheating.  I went out and viewed the reservoir (pontiac grand am) and she was like "um.. is that where you are supposed to add it?"  I then asked where she had been adding it (valve cover!!).  I pulled the dipstick and boom!!! 3/4 way full of milky oil!! I didnt laugh at all (but boy i wanted to).  I instead took the opportunity to show her where all her fluids were supposed to be added and the repercussions of doing it wrong so that she didnt make the same mistake twice.  Lastly, I told her to call her boyfriend and have him change the oil in the parking lot or she will regret it.  he did, she drove off with a running, cooler car and a life lesson to boot.
You deserve a pat on the back for doing the RIGHT thing. ie Tell them what they did wrong AND teach them the right way. i only read three pages on that mustang forum, not one of them tried to do that. Back in my day, they taught metal work to the boys and cooking to the girls. so the above is likely to happen more than anyone cars to think.

I saw one automotive joke on TV that was classic. they had a new corvette specially made with NO DIPSTICK!! they then got a pretty blonde woman to drive it up to gas stations and ask the attendant to check the oil. LoL, watch them become the dipstick.

ZSmithersCharges

edit: nvm carry on

page, post its all good  :lol: You definitely had me confused though!

draftingmonkey

Well you caught on to it.  Was funny and brought out some good comments from members about what they have seen really happen.  Has been fun to read the replies.