News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speaking of door panels???

Started by Ghoste, August 31, 2009, 09:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Has anyone ever heard of plans to repop the 66-67 ones?  :P

Slantback_66

Hi Ghoste,

It was discussed at length last year on the 66-67 Charger forum but, nothing ever came of it.

John
1966 Dodge Charger 440

Ghoste

Oh I didn't know that.  I should probably hang out on that forum more I guess, but...

mauve66

i've been putting it on Legendarys "wishlist" at every show i see them at for the last 15 years
last year they told me the machine would be $50K and with so few 66-67 Chargers made to  begin with and even fewer now, they'd have to charge more than the market could bear to pay for the machine, and that was just the panel, you'd have to try to reuse your trim pieces (see below)

about 7-8 years ago i had Just Dashes do mine along with the arm rest covers, i had to send a sample of the color (pearl white) from the Legendary seats for them to do a color match, the arm rests came out perfect and the doors looked good also but when i went to put them back on they seemed a little "tweaked" to me.  I think that the pressure and extra thickness of putting more material over the existing panels was too much for them.  i couldn't get them to fit properly.  maybe they have a better way of doing it now though,

couple of problem areas when it comes to either re covering our panels or making repops

1.  pot metal charger piece at vent window, Just Dashes refused to take it off cause they were worried about putting it back on so they just put the material up next to it and you could tell
2. aluminum trim, the tangs that hold the beveled pieces on are so fragile that most of mine broke from bending them out  for removal and then bending them back in for installation
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Slantback_66

Quote from: mauve66 on September 05, 2009, 12:47:43 PM

2. aluminum trim, the tangs that hold the beveled pieces on are so fragile that most of mine broke from bending them out  for removal and then bending them back in for installation

That's good to know Mauve66, I was just about to start taking mine off. I guess I'll just leave them on for now.

Thanks,
John
1966 Dodge Charger 440