News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dashboard (cowl) removal

Started by mAdMoPaR, August 30, 2009, 02:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mAdMoPaR

Just a quick question. Do I have to remove the windshield first in order to remove the dash panel or cowl from a 68 charger? I found the two bolt at the bottom near the kick panels but cant seem to find where the top attaches to. Thanks

The70RT

Yep it is bolted in and hidden by the windshield. The cowl (firewall) is welded in.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mAdMoPaR

Ahh nuts!!! oh well, after I busted the rear window (and made a friggin mess!) I think I'll leave the removal of the windshield to the pros.

The70RT

That rear window is gonna cost ya. Unless you plan on using the windshield again you don't have to worry about it shattering. It will just crack. It is always helpfull to have a hand in removing the glass
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hemidog

If you're not to worried about the windshield gasket, the glass is real easy to remove!  :yesnod:

TylerCharger69

When someone else comes and installs the new windshield....they usually, USUALLY provide a new rubber seal.

mAdMoPaR

Well I couldn't wait any longer (glass guy was kinda of giving me the run around) so I went for it and took the windshield off myself. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. Just took my time with a really sharp blade and cut around it till it almost falls out on its own. Now I can see those dang screws for the dash frame  :pullinghair:  Now I can continue my ventures in dash removal.

Troy

The front is definitely easier than the back because of the rubber seal. Someone a long time ago said they got the dash out without removing the windshield but I don't see how.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.