News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New pictures of almost completed restoration

Started by Silver Charger, August 27, 2009, 09:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar73

Great looking car!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :drool5:  That's a nice looking shak you have also :cheers:

DavidSL

Quote from: FinnIm 5'8" and it fits me perfectly imo. Still, its a massive car compared to a challenger :Twocents:

I think I need to go see one in person and sit in it - I saw on Top Gear over here a review of one and he's the same height as me and looked like he was struggling to see over the steering wheel! Saying that, I've seen Ford Gran Torino's and I know they aren't much smaller, so...  :shruggy:

Anyway, back to topic, sorry to hijack the thread!

That red interior is fantastic, I think that's what I'd go for in one of these. You're gonna have to wash that car a lot to keep it spotless - the price you pay for a nice silver finish!  :icon_smile_wink: :2thumbs: :drool5:

1970RT

68-70 Chargers, along with most old cars are smaller on the inside than you would think given their outside dimensions.  I couldnt beleive it when I pulled my 1991 ford crown victoria next to my 70 charger and they were almost the same length and width.  The charger feels much smaller inside.  I think it's just a result of the styling of the 60's cars.  It was very inefficent use of space but looks so cool.  I'm 6'4 and if I didnt have the 6 way bucket seat my head would be hitting the headliner.

The only problem shorter people might have is that the steering wheel sets back quite a ways on the 68 -70's which may cause a situation where the steering wheel is in your chest when you have the seat adjusted for the right reach to the pedals.  This is the reason I find the car comfortable, I can have the seat way back for my long legs and still easily reach the steering wheel.  New cars with air bags put the steering wheel close to the dash so the airbag doesnt go off in your face but this doesnt work for me since I have to have the seat way back for leg room, I cant reach the steering wheel.

captaindodge

Don't like to be sour grapes but.... that rear view shows the deck lid and qtr panels not lined up :rotz: and the corners on the valance panel don't show the seam. Still a beautiful machine.

mjwebb

stunning, love the colors...silver and black are awesome (not a Raiders fan i hope...lol...go Eagles), and the red gets your attention...

captaindodge

::) Bumble bee stripe should be more to rear and go over the side marker light I think. ::)

hemi68charger

Looking good. It was nice to see the car and you again, Scott, right? Sorry for my ignorance. I never forget a Charger, but always forget a name....

Looking forward in seeing you again and oh yeah......... Seems there's going to be room with the club display for AutoRama.. So, get that club application in !!!!   :2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection