News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vacuum advance canister hits upper radiator hose.

Started by FastbackJon, August 28, 2009, 11:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

Running a 440 with a 26" radiator, top hose on the passenger side.

Well I was playing with the timing tonight and I can't get it advanced much past 5 degrees BTDC because the vacuum advance canister hits the upper radiator hose.

Has anyone else run into this?

Here's a crappy older pic, but you get the idea.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

GT

Two options:
1) Change thermostat housing so house comes straight up vs. angle and get new hose.
2) Rotate all wires one hole to the right, twist distributor to the left same amount and you should have clearance.
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

FastbackJon

Cool, I was thinking more along the lines of option 2, but wasn't positive it would work.

Each of the plug wires would have to rotate one spot clockwise, then I'd just rotate the whole assembly counterclockwise so the rotor is under the same plug wire it started out as.

Will try it out... thanks!

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

62 Max

If that's the No. 1 wire laying across the vacuum chamber,you look to be about 2 terminals off.No 1 should be approximatly at about 5 o'clock.

Runner

you can also pop the distributor out and rotate your intermediate shaft 1 tooth thenput the distributor back in and re time the engine

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six