News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New pictures of almost completed restoration

Started by Silver Charger, August 27, 2009, 09:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Charger

these are the most recent pictures of the car.......enjoy

1968 Charger R/T 440

charge1

69*F5*SE

Looks fantastic. Love the red interior. Must be nice   :yesnod:

Finn

:drool5:

Beautiful car man, love the red interior. Whats the story on it?
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

vancamp

Red Ram

Very nice! Don't see too many with the red interior.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

bull

That's a great looking '68 but almost completed? What's left? Looks done from here. :2thumbs:

Charger440RDN

six-tee-nine

Real nice love the red int...makes me want to finish my brand new red interior....

But we like pictures, tons of it, and a story of the resto of course
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

RIDELIKEHELL

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

The paint scheme I'm after but with black interior..NICE!!!!!!!!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

tan top

real nice looking 68  :coolgleamA:  love the color combo :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dans 68

Very nice '68. :2thumbs: Makes me want to go outside right now and take my '68 for a spin.  :yesnod:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

DavidSL

That red interior really brings something out in these cars. I literally just commented on how much I liked this in another thread. Seriously, absolutely beautiful car!!  :drool5:

Silver Charger

Thanks guys for the comments.  The restoration story will be posted soon.  I need to get it appraised for insurance purposes and to have a guide for when I sell it.
Any recommendations regarding an appraiser would be welcomed.

1968 Charger R/T 440

bull

Quote from: Silver Charger on August 28, 2009, 02:40:34 PM
Thanks guys for the comments.  The restoration story will be posted soon.  I need to get it appraised for insurance purposes and to have a guide for when I sell it.
Any recommendations regarding an appraiser would be welcomed.

I've never used an appraiser but I believe Hagerty and Hemmings both have lists of appraisers they reccommend.

C500

The silver on red looks great, one of my favourite combos  :2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Brock Samson

billssuperbird

PocketThunder

Quote from: bull on August 27, 2009, 10:47:03 PM
That's a great looking '68 but almost completed? What's left? Looks done from here. :2thumbs:

Side bumper bolt maybe, thats about it. 

Nice color combo thats for sure!..   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

DavidSL

I'll agree with the  :popcrn:  

:lol:

I hope this doesn't appear as a stupid question, but I've never actually seen a Charger up close - I know they are big cars, but here it doesn't look as huge as I imagined. Are you pretty tall, or is your drive way just huge?  :scratchchin: I'm 5'6" - I've got a feeling I'm gonna look like this car would swallow me up as soon as I sit in one!  :lol:

MichaelRW

That's got to be one of my favorite color combos.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Dans 68

Quote from: DavidSL on August 28, 2009, 03:53:54 PM

I hope this doesn't appear as a stupid question, but I've never actually seen a Charger up close - I know they are big cars, but here it doesn't look as huge as I imagined. Are you pretty tall, or is your drive way just huge?  :scratchchin: I'm 5'6" - I've got a feeling I'm gonna look like this car would swallow me up as soon as I sit in one!  :lol:

Size doesn't matter (in a Charger, that is). It takes all comers.... :icon_smile_wink:  You will fit just fine and she will love you for it. (getting awfully close here.... :D)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Finn

Quote from: DavidSL on August 28, 2009, 03:53:54 PM

Im 5'8" and it fits me perfectly imo. Still, its a massive car compared to a challenger :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mopar73

Great looking car!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :drool5:  That's a nice looking shak you have also :cheers:

DavidSL

Quote from: FinnIm 5'8" and it fits me perfectly imo. Still, its a massive car compared to a challenger :Twocents:

I think I need to go see one in person and sit in it - I saw on Top Gear over here a review of one and he's the same height as me and looked like he was struggling to see over the steering wheel! Saying that, I've seen Ford Gran Torino's and I know they aren't much smaller, so...  :shruggy:

Anyway, back to topic, sorry to hijack the thread!

That red interior is fantastic, I think that's what I'd go for in one of these. You're gonna have to wash that car a lot to keep it spotless - the price you pay for a nice silver finish!  :icon_smile_wink: :2thumbs: :drool5:

1970RT

68-70 Chargers, along with most old cars are smaller on the inside than you would think given their outside dimensions.  I couldnt beleive it when I pulled my 1991 ford crown victoria next to my 70 charger and they were almost the same length and width.  The charger feels much smaller inside.  I think it's just a result of the styling of the 60's cars.  It was very inefficent use of space but looks so cool.  I'm 6'4 and if I didnt have the 6 way bucket seat my head would be hitting the headliner.

The only problem shorter people might have is that the steering wheel sets back quite a ways on the 68 -70's which may cause a situation where the steering wheel is in your chest when you have the seat adjusted for the right reach to the pedals.  This is the reason I find the car comfortable, I can have the seat way back for my long legs and still easily reach the steering wheel.  New cars with air bags put the steering wheel close to the dash so the airbag doesnt go off in your face but this doesnt work for me since I have to have the seat way back for leg room, I cant reach the steering wheel.

captaindodge

Don't like to be sour grapes but.... that rear view shows the deck lid and qtr panels not lined up :rotz: and the corners on the valance panel don't show the seam. Still a beautiful machine.

mjwebb

stunning, love the colors...silver and black are awesome (not a Raiders fan i hope...lol...go Eagles), and the red gets your attention...

captaindodge

::) Bumble bee stripe should be more to rear and go over the side marker light I think. ::)

hemi68charger

Looking good. It was nice to see the car and you again, Scott, right? Sorry for my ignorance. I never forget a Charger, but always forget a name....

Looking forward in seeing you again and oh yeah......... Seems there's going to be room with the club display for AutoRama.. So, get that club application in !!!!   :2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection