News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona clone for sale or trade

Started by BigBlockSam, August 27, 2009, 08:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Breaking news.
My clone is going to be for sale in a couple of months.
It's going to stay black. I can paint the wing whatever color the new owner desires.
It isn't a rotisserie resto but I started with a very solid car and it's pretty nice underneath. The only rust was a small spot in the driver's side floor. The trunk is the original as is all of the sheet metal. It's an R/T SE triple black non matching numbers car. I bought new black leather interior, a new headliner, door trim panels and a lot of other new stuff.
I'm planning to ask 35K for the car and that's going to be my low dollar. No trades. If I can't get that, I won't sell it. Should be a great deal for someone. It's a 440 four barrel with a 727 transmission. It will have Magnum 500's and disc brakes.

Now for the reason... My wife and I have decided that we are going to buy a Superbird. With her health problems, we just can't wait any longer.
We're looking at a couple of birds right now and don't want to borrow any more money than we have to.
As soon as the car is complete, I'll post an ad on here before using e-bay. I'm not a big fan of e-bay so I hope I find a buyer.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PocketThunder

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 27, 2009, 09:28:52 PMNow for the reason... My wife and I have decided that we are going to buy a Superbird. With her health problems, we just can't wait any longer.
We're looking at a couple of birds right now and don't want to borrow any more money than we have to.
As soon as the car is complete, I'll post an ad on here before using e-bay. I'm not a big fan of e-bay so I hope I find a buyer.

Thats the reason i'm selling my c500.  I dont want to wait another 10 years to get it done and finally enjoy it.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

41husk

hotrod98, were is this clone located?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 27, 2009, 09:28:52 PM
Breaking news.
It's going to stay black. I can paint the wing whatever color the new owner desires.
It isn't a rotisserie resto but I started with a very solid car and it's pretty nice underneath. The only rust was a small spot in the driver's side floor. The trunk is the original as is all of the sheet metal. It's an R/T SE triple black non matching numbers car. I bought new black leather interior, a new headliner, door trim panels and a lot of other new stuff.
I'm planning to ask 35K for the car and that's going to be my low dollar. No trades. If I can't get that, I won't sell it. Should be a great deal for someone. It's a 440 four barrel with a 727 transmission. It will have Magnum 500's and disc brakes.

Now for the reason... My wife and I have decided that we are going to buy a Superbird. With her health problems, we just can't wait any longer.

good luck brother i hope you get your car
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Quote from: 41husk on August 28, 2009, 08:04:20 AM
hotrod98, were is this clone located?

Greenwood, Arkansas 
Greenwood is about twenty miles south of I-40 near the Arkansas-Oklahoma border.

Charles Addams

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

41husk

My dad lives in Price Place Arkansas on Bull Shoals lake.  How far are you from there?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

Quote from: 41husk on August 28, 2009, 06:09:20 PM
My dad lives in Price Place Arkansas on Bull Shoals lake.  How far are you from there?

226 miles, about 4 1/2 hours through the hills.

Charles Addams

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 28, 2009, 07:19:25 AM
Quote from: hotrod98 on August 27, 2009, 09:28:52 PMNow for the reason... My wife and I have decided that we are going to buy a Superbird. With her health problems, we just can't wait any longer.

Thats the reason i'm selling my c500.  I dont want to wait another 10 years to get it done and finally enjoy it.

Looks like a lot of us are thinking along the same lines... maybe a sign of the times!  I am finalizing plans to reduce my fleet of mostly project or half-restored cars by more than half over the next five years... replacing them with a mostly turn-key collection of old & new Mopars.  Age and some chronic health issues have greatly reduced my ability (and desire) to work on the cars...

Good luck to both of y'all in selling your cars to enjoy your hobby sooner... good decision IMO!

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

hotrod98

I'm trying to downsize big time. I have way too many cars and/or projects.

My plan is to end up with just my 71 Cuda tor-red car, my wife's limelight cuda clone and a Superbird.

I've promised my 69 wingrunner to my brother and I currently have my 71 Cuda clone for sale. I'll also be selling my 68 roadrunner and I've promised the Superbird clone project to Howie pending my buying a real bird. I still have a 70 Barracuda that I promised to build for my daughter and my son has his 70 Gran Coupe stored here for the present time that I gave him a few years ago.

I've already sold one 70 Gran Coupe to Howie and earlier this year sold all of my Trans Ams and firebirds.

If anyone knows of someone looking for a 71 Cuda clone, I have a nice one. It was originally a Gran Coupe but looks like a real Cuda now. It's a 340 4-speed car. You can drive this car anywhere and with the 3.23 gears it gets 17 mpg. A person could fly in and drive this car home and I would be totally shocked if they had any problems. We drove it to Branson a few weeks ago in 96 degree weather and it drove great. That's a 500 mile round trip. I built this car about nine years ago and I've probably put over 5000 miles on it since then. I usually take first or second place in the mopar or musclecar class at most shows.
It has the Cuda hood, hood pins, correct 340 air cleaner, factory rear window louvers, Flowmaster exhaust, sway bars frt and rear, gull wing deck spoiler, gilled fenders, American Racing Hopster rims, Tuff wheel, Console, Pistol grip, overhead console, woodgrain door inserts, and is very solid. I'm going to advertise it for 32K and hope to get 30K for it. This car is a blast to drive. It has late model a/c but I need to hook it back up. I had the shaker hood off of my other 71 Cuda on it for a while but put the original hood back on so I can now hook the a/c back up.
This is the red Cuda in my signature, but Sandra stole my Boyds and gave me her Hopsters.

Charles Addams

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Chargerrtforme

The  header says for sale or trade, yet the ad says's no trades?

1969chargerrtse

Wish you were trading, I'd consider swaping my R/T SE for a almost done, but well done clone.  ( I think ). :P  Not sure I could go on living without the split grille in my life.  I think about a lot though.  ;D
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Chargerrtforme on August 29, 2009, 05:58:28 PM
The  header says for sale or trade, yet the ad says's no trades?

The link is for the one for trade , where the other black clone is not for trade.  Something like that.

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

dillon14

To clear up my end, I own the Black with Red Wing Daytona clone and I am taking trades.

1970 Dodge Coronet R/T 426 Hemi 4-Speed 1 of 4
1969 Boss 429
1968 Shelby GT-500KR 4-Speed Convertible

hotrod98

Rene started the thread referring to dillon14's car. Since it wasn't dillon14's thread I decided to mention that my clone was also for sale. Sorry for the confusion. If this were dillon14's thread, I never would have mentioned mine.  :angel:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 29, 2009, 06:41:30 PM
Rene started the thread referring to dillon14's car. Since it wasn't dillon14's thread I decided to mention that my clone was also for sale. Sorry for the confusion. If this were dillon14's thread, I never would have mentioned mine.  :angel:

i'll trade you larry    :D :D :D :D maybe even two cars

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: dillon14 on August 29, 2009, 06:13:06 PM
To clear up my end, I own the Black with Red Wing Daytona clone and I am taking trades.
You did a beautiful job there.  Unfortunitaly for me, my car is not worth close to that and I have the unfortionate position of being broke.  So I'm out.  :'(

FJ5WING

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 27, 2009, 09:28:52 PM
Breaking news.

will the car be completed or still a project? Is the nose steel or plastic? interior?
wingless now, but still around.

hotrod98

The car will be completed and drivable and the headlamps operational. The nose is a fiberglass Janak. The interior is mostly new. I plan to take it to the trim shop in a few weeks. I still have to finish painting and assembling the front sheet metal. New leather seat covers from Legendary, new door trim panels, new headliner, new package tray. The only thing that I'm not restoring is the SE dash. It looks decent but not perfect.
The black paint has been cut and buffed. I'll take the magnum 500's off of my wing runner for the Daytona since they're fairly new. I plan to go through the brakes as well. The car starts and runs great. I have a new engine harness and tail lamp harness. The more I talk about this car, the more I realize what I've spent. At this point, at this price, I've basically built the car for someone for free.
The car will be moved back to the body shop this week.

Here's a pic of the car the way that it looks right now.

Charles Addams

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

It sure looks different now with the magnum 500's. It's in the booth, taped up to paint the dash. Then I can have the glass guys come out and do their thing. It looks kind of cool having two black wingcars in the shop.

Charles Addams