News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

stall converter

Started by 1charger69, August 26, 2009, 10:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1charger69

whats a good general stall converter for  just cruisin around town...maybe a little fun here and there????   383 , automatic ,  3.23 gears,   727 tranny...anything else you need to know ...shout it out :)

b5blue

I've got a Mopar 145K waiting to go in my car.....factory spec for big block 68-70 B bodys. (1900-2100 stall)

firefighter3931

The Turbo Action 11in "street hemi" converter is tough to beat....definately a nice piece  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

b5blue

Hey Ron, what is the stall on that bad boy? (just wondering)

firefighter3931

Neal, the stall rating largely depends on torque output from the engine....more torque = more stall all things being equal (same converter/gears etc...)

On a 383 you would see something in the 2400-2500 range but on a 440 it might be closer to 2800-3000 or so. The T/A converters are very efficient....you don't know it's in there until you mash the pedal. I recommended one to Rob (KamKuda) for his 408 smallblock stroker in the Cuda and it works fantastic. He loves it.  :2thumbs:

I also recommended the same converter to Mike (MFR426) for his mild 505 stroker build in the Charger and again...another very happy dude !  :icon_smile_big:

The 11in is a nice balance between street manners and increased stall....they nailed it with this converter.  :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

b5blue

Thanks! During the unintended 6-7 year delay getting my car back on the road all I could do was research and theorize (on my own). It was easy to get lost in all the variable options for the car's running gear so I ended up going with factory spec. as delivered in 70 (if my car had been a six pack). That's how I ended up with the 145K, I have yet to see how well it works but the 2 high stall converters I have run let the RPM's jump way to high when it's punched going 50 MPH.  :eek2: