News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Firecore HEI cap wires

Started by greenpigs, August 26, 2009, 09:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

I see a set that says fits OEM distributors and uses 90's style cap. Are they the same as GM hei caps. What cap do I need to be able to run these wires on a MP eletronic distributor.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

firefighter3931

Quote from: greenpigs on August 26, 2009, 09:44:36 PM
I see a set that says fits OEM distributors and uses 90's style cap. Are they the same as GM hei caps. What cap do I need to be able to run these wires on a MP eletronic distributor.

Some of the later model smallblocks used an HEI style cap. There is a company that sells an adapter that allows you to retrofit an HEI distributor cap on the earlier style BB distributor if you want to. Basicly, the adapter allows you to use the later style cap with the earlier style distributor.

MSD & Mallory both sell aftermarket distributors which use the HEI style cap and that is what most guys use when upgrading to a performance/race style ignition.

I'm a Firecore dealer so if you have any questions just ask away.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

greenpigs

Just ordered it. Didnt know you were a dealer or I would have bought them off you. Then again I may have you have links to firefighting on the web site? I dont have the coin for a MSD ignition do you know who carries the adaptor you mentioned.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

firefighter3931

Quote from: greenpigs on August 26, 2009, 11:11:58 PM
Just ordered it. Didnt know you were a dealer or I would have bought them off you. Then again I may have you have links to firefighting on the web site? I dont have the coin for a MSD ignition do you know who carries the adaptor you mentioned.

Congrats....you just scored a primo set of wires.  :2thumbs:  No apologies required....just glad you ordered a set and know you will be very happy with them. I will recommend that you put a dab of dielectric grease in each plug boot to help with moisture and make removal easier when you change plugs at a later date.  :yesnod:

Check with Rob at this link for the cap adapter :  http://www.robbmcperformance.com/products.html

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

71charger_fan

Unless he's started making them again, he discontinued the cap adapters last year. He ran a clearance special on Moparts.

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

firefighter3931

Give Rob a call anyway....that sale was a couple of years ago.  :yesnod: If he doesn't have them then he may be able to point you in the right direction.  :2thumbs:

Ron

greenpigs

Rick from performance wire called and I explained things and now he is going to make the set with OEM connections. Cost a little more as the msd were on sale for 65. Thanks ron.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

greenpigs

My response to the email was- sorry no, sales were to slow. If we had 2
pre-paid orders we would. Thats fine I understand but why doesnt someone make an oem cap with hei cotacts?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

firefighter3931

Quote from: greenpigs on August 27, 2009, 05:53:46 PM
Rick from performance wire called and I explained things and now he is going to make the set with OEM connections. Cost a little more as the msd were on sale for 65. Thanks ron.

Good to hear Rick fixed you up.  :icon_smile_big:

Honestly, the std mopar wiresets work just fine...i have them on my car and so do many others with zero issues.  :2thumbs:

Ron