News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

? If I answered a question right...

Started by ramairthree, October 16, 2010, 09:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramairthree

A friend at work has a friend that wants to do a superbird clone.  My friend knows my family had a Daytona when I was a kid, and would like to build a clone some day.

He asked what he needed (other than the specific wing, nose, light, etc. parts)

I said better to start with Satelite (same as RR except trim?) and would be less expensive than a RR
more correct looking like a RR than a Belvedere lights, etc.

Coronet or aftermarket hood,
70 coronet fenders,
stuff to mod the rear window.

I refered him to here and the internet, but
is there a real good link specifically, was I close?

pettybird

yep, you were close.  have him search the archives for more info.

while more expensive, starting with a real road runner is a good idea--big block suspension, rally gauges, no trim holes to fill, etc. 

'bird clones take a pretty decent budget.  he'd have better luck buying someone's abandoned project if it wasn't totally hacked. 

dreamcatcher

You more than make up the difference in cost by going with the RR over the satelite.  :Twocents: I started my clone (see:my superbird build) with a sport satelite and I put over 1600.00 in changing the dash wiring and seats alone.And I am sure I am missing something here.Filling holes was not too bad with my wire feed welder.But if I did it again I would find a RR for sure.Also for what it is worth.I did my own painting body work engine rear end suspension and interior etc...and I have over 40 grand in the car.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!