News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new gears=happiness

Started by SFRT, October 08, 2009, 11:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

allright so i just got the Scow back with the new 4:56 dana and all the suspension stuff properly tuned and preloaded.

man o man what a difference!

yes, at 70 mph its a little high rpm, but around town o lordy.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dans 68

:2thumbs: and a  :cheers:!   Frank, are you taking her on the Oct 18th cruise to Santa Cruz? http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,61527.msg691204.html#msg691204

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Purple440

Yeah I bet 4:56 around town is thrilling  :cheers:

firefighter3931

Frank....you need those 4.56's to climb all the hills in 'Frisco  :lol:  Nothing like a set of deep gears to really wake the car up.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Mike DC

Just curious, how fast does 1st gear run out of RPMs at that ratio? 

c00nhunterjoe

i went from 2.76's to 4.30's in mine. i know exactly how you feel!!!!!!

i would think there isnt goign to be much difference in the 4.30 to 4.56 as far as the gear runout. i dont watch the speedo in mine when running it that hard but i will try and get an idea tomarrow for you! (any excuse to go for a ride....lol)  i can say this- i can take off in first gear and run it up to about 3500 and shift into 4th and cruise right along with no problems......hahahaha.