News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

yellow cop car

Started by aussiemuscle, August 19, 2009, 11:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussiemuscle

how many new yorkers jump in the back of these and say 'take me to the airport'??? (taxi)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:YellowTorontoPoliceCar.jpg

69rtse4spd

When you absolutely have to be there on time. :smilielol: 

bull

Probably a ploy to throw people off. Here in the states the cops use all sorts of stealthy cars you wouldn't think would be used for law enforcement.

bearbqd

Why're they using such an old model. None of the cabs are even that old anymore are they?
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

Landonsrt

Its Canada. They only have so much money.....

Ghoste

Or it's a really old picture and they aren't that color anymore.  :scratchchin:

LeadfootBob

Looks like some sort of restoration/parade type deal... I doubt they'd be keeping a 25 year old car in active service, especially with that light bar :-)

Didn't the some of the NY district cars look something like that in the seventies? "Tijuana Taxis" in yellow, red and blue? Can't recall if it was the state troopers, transit dept. or someone else, but I've seen a picture of a Polara/Fury in that livery... AWFUL!

Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Ghoste

According to the link it was a parade of some kind and shot was taken in 2007.  We may be little behind up here in some things but we certainly don't keep antique cars in active service.  :lol:  Toronto use the same modern vehicles as everyone else and the current color scheme was white (with a blue or red side stripe?) the last time I was in that city.

Landonsrt

The tag on the front says Ontario, The pics says toronto.

Shakey

Quote from: Landonsrt on August 21, 2009, 10:54:25 AM
The tag on the front says Ontario, The pics says toronto.

Toronto is a city in the Province of Ontario in the country of Canada.  A province is just like a state, just a different name for it.

The money the Government saves using old police cars is put towards our children's education!

Landonsrt

I know what it means. Im just saying everyone was saying New York when it is clearly in Canada. Nevermind.

dodgecharger-fan

That confused me at first, too but what was meant was how a New Yorker visiting Toronto would jump in that and ask to be taken to the airport.

and LeadFootBob's reference to NY was just a reference to something that they did that is similar..

AS for what we use up here now - yeah all modern - even some new Chargers.
Someone sent me a picture a while back of a cop car with ghosted markings and a taxi-like sign on top. Sneaky bastards.
I'll see if I can dig it up as I can't recall if there was an indication of where it was being used.

Ghoste

It's all the Aussie's fault, those guys are nothing but trouble.  :nana:

aussiemuscle

if it's any consolation, some Queensland police cars used to be yellow. Melbourne (VIC) has copied NY that all taxis must be yellow, so i see a yellow car, it must be a taxi (or ex-taxi). :rotz: