News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK 3rd Gen guys... what's it worth?

Started by Back N Black, February 14, 2010, 06:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

I was chatting with a friend a couple of day ago and he told me that he bought a 72 Charger R/T 440 4 speed car. He would like to know what it is worth? Here is the story, he answered an ad in the paper " old Dodge car for sale". He talked to the old lady on the phone and she said that her husband died 3 years ago and it was his car. So he pulled the tarp off fired it up and drove it home 5 hour trip, no problems. It is now in the bodyshop getting repainted to his original orange with black stripe, the body guy told him that the car is in really good shape, minimal rust. He paid 8 grand for the car and he bought it for his 16 year old son and now he is having second thoughts of giving such a powerful car to a 16 year old kid. So he would like to know what he can get for a 72 Charger R/T 440 4 gear car with fresh body and paint?

FLG

Real R/T?? #'s Matching? Air grabber car??

Id surly give him 8k for the car  :nana: :nana:

ralley72

No R/Ts for 1972. 71 yes. Maybe its a Rallye car. We need pictures.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

FLG

Quote from: ralley72 on February 14, 2010, 06:32:34 PM

Mike

Duhh  :pity:  :brickwall:

Back N Black

Quote from: ralley72 on February 14, 2010, 06:32:34 PM

Mike

I guess its a Rallye, i don't know too much about 3 Gens. He said it had a bulge hood??

NHCharger

Have him check ebay. Anywhere from 9k to 18k. Depends if it's a #'s matching Rallye or a 318 base model turned into a R/T clone.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

JPL

Quote from: Back N Black on February 14, 2010, 06:01:05 PM
I was chatting with a friend a couple of day ago and he told me that he bought a 72 Charger R/T 440 4 speed car. He would like to know what it is worth? Here is the story, he answered an ad in the paper " old Dodge car for sale". He talked to the old lady on the phone and she said that her husband died 3 years ago and it was his car. So he pulled the tarp off fired it up and drove it home 5 hour trip, no problems. It is now in the bodyshop getting repainted to his original orange with black stripe, the body guy told him that the car is in really good shape, minimal rust. He paid 8 grand for the car and he bought it for his 16 year old son and now he is having second thoughts of giving such a powerful car to a 16 year old kid. So he would like to know what he can get for a 72 Charger R/T 440 4 gear car with fresh body and paint?

Have him put on 1 brl on it!

charger_cody

Well I agree 100% on NOT giving a 16 year old kid a 440 charger as a first car. My first car was a 74 440 4 spd. I got in ALOT of trouble with it. I would give somewhere between 10-14k for it if it is what I am thinking it is.

Cody

TruckDriver

My old son is getting something with a 6 cylinder in it (most likely a pickup truck) for his first car next year. If I got a big block in my first car, I wouldnt be here now. That's why I opted to get him something slow.

That's like giving a toddler a real missle to play with.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

quapman

If it's a real 440 4-speed Rallye, I'd be glad to give him the $8K back.