News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 question ( again)

Started by mally69, August 23, 2009, 09:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

I am running a 440 and  i have a 3000-3500 tall with 4.10 gears. I just had the tranny rebuilt with a manual valve body. Lets suppose you guys with a similar setup are cruising in high gear at 3000 rpm then just mat the pedal, ok (as soon as you mat the gas) look at your tach and see what it reads.   When i do that am crusing at 3000 rpm and i mat the pedal mine goes right up to about 4000-4500 and then i start to scoot pretty good, i just dont get this, its really getting under my skin. Is this normal?   

J-440

Your'e running a pretty high stall for the street and with 4.10 gears you have a great drag car.  That sounds normal for cruising speeds with only a 3 speed.  Sounds like you need some type of overdrive unit or go with a 3.55 gear for highway driving. 
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

b5blue

That sounds like it's doing what you built, the 3000-3500 stall does not mean when you are at 3000-3500 it's "locked in" the converter is looser letting you jump up in the power band before hooking up. The low gearing and high stall will have that effect in street driving, on the strip you would be WFO all the way and run 1/4's faster straight up through the gears. Help any...try running around at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle when ya punch it till it hooks up then mat it gradually to avoid that jump in RPM's   

mally69

awseome this is what i was wanting to hear. i was just unsure of how it worked. I never messed with high stall convertors to really know that much about them running them on the street. I was hoping it was normal. Thank you.  :cheers: