News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Horrors-rumored local strip closure

Started by Ghoste, August 23, 2009, 12:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I just heard a rumor tonight that my "local" dragstrip has closed.  Their website is still up but doesn't always mean anything.  I have fired off an e-mail to them so hopefully I'll know soon but this is terrible news.  The city folks moving to the "peace" of the country have been trying to get them shut down for a few years now so I hope it wasn't that little gang of do-gooders.  Of course it wouldn't be any better to learn that racer apathy and lack of attendance killed it either.  Really it doesn't matter why, one less dragstrip just bites.

69 OUR/TEA

Happened here in CT in the 80's,consumer reports bought it and used it for testing,and the state police used it,now just a deserted blacktop with trees growing out of it,and condos built all around.People did'nt want it there anyway.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on August 23, 2009, 07:28:58 AM
Happened here in CT in the 80's,consumer reports bought it and used it for testing,and the state police used it,now just a deserted blacktop with trees growing out of it,and condos built all around.People did'nt want it there anyway.
Ahh CT Dragway.  I went there once in the 70's.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

I think it was 85 when they closed ,just a couple years to early or I would have been going there.My cousin stole his moms car (68 buick gs 400)when he was only 15 and took it there raced it and brought it home without ever getting caught!

bull

Sounds like the idiot hobby-farmers who move to the country to build their 6,000 sf houses and then bitch about the smell that comes from the real farms.

Ghoste

The exact same ones Bull, the exact same ones and in this case that is also one of their "issues".

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on August 23, 2009, 10:36:07 AM
Lapeer?

Same question I was going to Ask. If so you still got Ubly don't you? LEON.

Ghoste

St. Thomas, but checking there today I was able to determine that it is nothing but rumor and they aren't going anywhere.  Is Lapeer doomed now too?  That will make Grand Bend the next closest one to me and Cayuga after that.