News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen guys,this anything special........

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, August 22, 2009, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Going to look at a 71 superbee tommorrow,B7,black vinyl top,black int,383,4spd,airgrabber.Has fender tag,Needs total resto,orig motor ,tranny gone,has a 400 in it.What sounds important to me is the 4spd w/air grabber,my ?  is how desirable car/combo is it?Thanks guys(wish it was a RR)!!!!!

Ghoste

Can't answer the desirability part for you but there were only 766 four speed 383 Charger Super Bees for 71 so that makes it uncommon right off the bat.

mikesbbody

I would say its very desirable  4 speed, and a Ramcharger hood!  :2thumbs: any pics?

69 OUR/TEA

No pics,tommorrow.Went to a cruise night with a friend and a friend of his that went also starts mentioning it,I was half paying attention then the next day decided to give him a call to get the info,and thought just the fact that it is an orig airgrabber hood(and its there),4spd superbee should be worth checking out,not to mention buying.
It was described to me as needing a total resto,but is not a rot box.Fenders were dented and should find better ones,and driv 1/4 was hit on the side like someone lost it and hit a pole,so he says it needs a full 1/4 and either get one off a parts car or find an NOS because you can't get them.I forgot to tell him that AMD has them. ::)Will see tommorrow.

Foreman72

scoop it up...thats a car i would flip over if i saw it...great great set o options there.... :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

41husk

I would say just being a real Bee makes it somewhat special, because thet was the only year produced on the charger foremat :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 41husk on August 22, 2009, 07:57:06 PM
I would say just being a real Bee makes it somewhat special, because thet was the only year produced on the charger foremat :Twocents:

Did'nt even think of that,good point!

Ghoste

Providing you discount the current LX ones?  :icon_smile_wink: :D

69 OUR/TEA

Just got back from looking at it,your typical resto project with typical rust areas.Has a 400 auto in it,did'nt check anything on motor(don't care),frame rails are beautiful,trunk is perfect,but trunk drop offs down where they attach to 1/4's are rotted.Might not need full 1/4's just patches.Floors are nice with a hole here and there.Deck filler panel ,could use a new one.Cowl should def be removed to get at rust underneath.Ineer front fenders have rust bulging behind the hinge ,battery tray area rot,but otherwise solid.Both front fenders are total junk.All air grabber stuff is there except the air cleaner.Doors and trunk lid very nice.Front seats are 70 cuda seats.Radiator is there,but don't know if it correct by the numbers.Exhaust manifolds are there,again,have to find out what the numbers are.I am not a big 3rd gen guru,so hope you guys that are can help out with some number decoding.

Fender tag:          G11

v1x        u       v68  c16        n96
                           gb7   c6x9    tx9     111     19843
                           e65  d21  wm23   n1a  145.........

radiator:  2998  948
       maifolds:      2951865-2   driv
                           3751074    4   pass

will post pics......

69 OUR/TEA

pics.....

69 OUR/TEA

more....

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat